• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Ask at a branch
Call: 800-608-3092
Online: SecuMd.org

Flyer

"Offer effective for new checking accounts opened 3/02/09 through 5/15/09 and are subject to the following qualifications: 1) Depositor must claim residency in MD, VA, PA, DE, WV or the District of Columbia to qualify and not currently or in the past have a checking account with SECU. 2) You will receive one $50 cash bonus for opening a new SECU checking account with Direct Deposit of at least $300 to a new SECU checking account by 6/15/09. Payroll deduction, PayPal deposits and direct deposit of tax refunds do not qualify. 3) You will receive one $50 cash bonus for making three signature based purchases with your check card that is linked to your new checking account by 6/15/09. 4) You will receive one $50 cash bonus for activating Online Banking Bill Pay and making three electronic Bill Pay transactions out of your new checking account by 6/15/09. 5) Cash bonus(es) of up to $150 for completing the above qualifying actions will be deposited in new SECU checking account on 6/18/09. New checking account must be active on 6/18/09 to receive cash bonus(es) for above qualifying actions. As required by law SECU will report the value of the offer to the IRS on form 1099. Checking accounts that are closed and re-opened do not qualify for offer. Checking accounts receive an Annual Percentage Yield (APY) of .15% to 1.00% as of 3/02/09 and are subject to change without notice. Checking accounts require a $25 minimum opening deposit. Fees could reduce earnings on account. This is a limited time offer and is subject to change without notice."

Member Summary
Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rawman1 said: Ask at a branch
Call: 800-608-3092
Online: SecuMd.org

Flyer

"Offer effective for new checking accounts opened 3/02/09 through 5/15/09 and are subject to the following qualifications: 1) Depositor must claim residency in MD, VA, PA, DE, WV or the District of Columbia to qualify
Uh oh. Looks like they dont want us out-of-area people to get their promos anymore...

PayPal deposits and direct deposit of tax refunds do not qualify.PayPal doesn't qualify for DD. Looks like they've been studying the FWF book of tricks

Thanks OP, will call on Monday to sign up.

I'm a little confused about how in one sentence they are requiring direct deposit (for most folks this means their payroll check unless you get social security or a pension) & in the next sentence says payroll deduction (??), PayPal, etc does not qualify.

mt2va said: I'm a little confused about how in one sentence they are requiring direct deposit (for most folks this means their payroll check unless you get social security or a pension) & in the next sentence says payroll deduction (??), PayPal, etc does not qualify.

Paypal is not direct deposit...
Payroll DEDUCTIONS are not direct deposit...

They want recurring Direct Deposits of a significant amount of money... not people gaming the system. You can game the system though... In cases like this, I direct deposit a portion of my paycheck. Its easy because my company lets me set up as MANY DDs as i want, and I can set them up online. I recently set one up to my wife's account, so that she could get a bonus.

I wonder if they will be checking the diffence between "Direct Deposit" and "Allotment". The fed dfas system will let me set up multiple allottments, but only one DD.

any word on how long you have to have your old checking closed before you'll qualify for this promo?

SUCKISSTAPLES said: Uh oh. Looks like they dont want us out-of-area people to get their promos anymore...

ahhhh the memories of 9.36% CD...

...SECU refused comment to the NYTimes in 2007.

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9403E0DA103CF930A...

excerpt:

The credit union, which began offering the deal on Saturday, Sept. 29, and closed it the following Tuesday, declined to comment.

just a hunch but I'll bet they don't have to close this deal as quickly as the 2007 GIVING THANKS deal.

jackcrawfish said: SUCKISSTAPLES said: Uh oh. Looks like they dont want us out-of-area people to get their promos anymore...

ahhhh the memories of 9.36% CD...

...SECU refused comment to the NYTimes in 2007.

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9403E0DA103CF930A...

excerpt:

The credit union, which began offering the deal on Saturday, Sept. 29, and closed it the following Tuesday, declined to comment.

just a hunch but I'll bet they don't have to close this deal as quickly as the 2007 GIVING THANKS deal.

Ahh the good ole days.

Is it possible that I open a free "student checking" w/o DD and get $100?

For the nostalgic:

http://dev.secumd.org/givingthanks/giving_thanks_cd.cfm

It's weird that they still have this page up. Even the link to the PDF application still works. Wonder if someone has tried just sending in a random app .... just to see what happens

Offer subject to availability and may be withdrawn at any time

You can still get $100 without DD with the Standard Interest Checking account. No monthly fees on that one.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014