• 1 234
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Text

not sure it is hard or soft pull

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
We didn't get a 1099 from them. Anyone else?

USrules (Feb. 10, 2010 @ 2:46p) |

This was a good thread and how I found out about the promotion then a further relationship endured and all committments ... (more)

grex23 (Feb. 10, 2010 @ 3:00p) |

how would i know if the lady who opened my account at bank did put the promotion code,she seemed new and was asking her ... (more)

markthegreat (Feb. 19, 2010 @ 10:43a) |

this deal is expired 9/30/09, dont bother now.
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Not had your morning coffee yet or what?

checking accounts are only available through our bank branches in Connecticut, Louisiana, New Jersey, New York and Texas.

Che-ching offer sounds good but I am very suspicious - is that a Chinese knock off of Capital One?

pmanager said: Che-ching offer sounds good but I am very suspicious - is that a Chinese knock off of Capital One?
Maybe I'm showing my age, but "che-ching" is the sound a mechanical cash register makes when it opens. It's thus associated with money.

For example, see the scene in "Wayne's World" where he buys the guitar with cash.

T&C said: The Capital One, N.A., payroll/direct deposit reward promotion is effective for sixty (60) days following the day of a consumer's receipt via U.S. Mail of the required invitation addressed to his/her attention. To qualify for the $200 cash reward, you must present this mailer you received when you open a Capital One Bank branch personal checking account during the promotional period and enroll in payroll/direct deposit within 90 days of account opening. Qualifying individuals will receive a $200 credit to their checking account approximately 6-8 weeks after the first payroll/direct deposit transaction is posted to the account. Limit one reward per customer.

Anyone know if this is true? Pretty nice bonus if I don't need the mailer.

ThePessimist said: pmanager said: Che-ching offer sounds good but I am very suspicious - is that a Chinese knock off of Capital One?
Maybe I'm showing my age, but "che-ching" is the sound a mechanical cash register makes when it opens. It's thus associated with money.

For example, see the scene in "Wayne's World" where he buys the guitar with cash.

I know, I am just playing with words

"Bring the mail piece you received and mention promo code RC2"

so, do we need the mailing?

Soft pull and chex inq. I'd open this, except I already have an acct.

1) Do we need the mailer?
2) Does CapOne count ACH Push as DD?
3) Can someone confirm soft pull?

I opened an account in NYC today with just a printout of the website. The employee (at the 1034 2nd Ave branch) confirmed my bonus ID RC2. So far, everything is on track. I did write down his name and got his card, since he implied that everything was OK. Lets hope I don't have to fight them over this one... just in case I'll do a real Direct deposit.

This is a great offer if they count ACH push. Even if someone signs up today, we won't have confirmation of ACH push working for about 2 months and then the offer may be expired. It's probably best to jump on it and worst case scenario you have a (another) free checking account.

It's funny that I was wondering when CapOne was going to start offering money to open an account. I don't remember them having one before and it's one of the few major banks that I haven't had an account with.

blowout reported ING counting for Capital One in this thread: http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/topic_view.php?catid=52&threadid...

SegaRob said:
It's funny that I was wondering when CapOne was going to start offering money to open an account. I don't remember them having one before and it's one of the few major banks that I haven't had an account with.

they've offered cash for new accounts since 2007 in my area.

solarUS said: SegaRob said:

they've offered cash for new accounts since 2007 in my area.
shrug, this is the first one I've seen in NY.

Just opened one in NJ with a printout of the web page. No problems so far. Will report back in 8-10 weeks.

You may want to add branch only to the title...I live in NY but the website says no branches within 75 miles of my zipcode.

DreamKrusher said: You may want to add branch only to the title...I live in NY but the website says no branches within 75 miles of my zipcode.upstate NY doesn't count as NY anyway :p

seriously though, they're all over the place in lower NY. i'm surprised that they don't have even 1 remotely near you.

Capital One retail banking is the merged operations of north fork bank, superior savings of new england, and hibernia national bank (soon to include chevy chase bank).

If you used to have one of those nearby, it's become a capital one. As far as I know, they haven't done much to grow beyond the areas of the merged banks.

I also got the promo email, but it's only $150.

[quote]Bring a printout of this e-mail to your local branch and use promo code RC5 to get your $150.
[/quote]

I'll use promo code RC2 from OP's link and see if they'll give $200.

oopsz said: Capital One retail banking is the merged operations of north fork bank, superior savings of new england, and hibernia national bank (soon to include chevy chase bank).

If you used to have one of those nearby, it's become a capital one. As far as I know, they haven't done much to grow beyond the areas of the merged banks.
Well, all the North Fork Banks have become CapOnes, but I'm pretty sure they've open up some new branches on top of that. North Fork is the only one of those banks that has any real presence in NY and I'm pretty sure there are more CapOne branches than there were North Fork branches. They seem to be everywhere in NY these days.

I read the fine print and didn't see any reference, but are there exclusions for more than one account in a household? I would like to do this for my wife and I.

SegaRob said: They seem to be everywhere in NY these days.I have a NY zip code that has no braches within at least 75 miles.

Any one tried in Texas with the print out? Do we need a real DD to get the $200?

SegaRob said: blowout reported ING counting for Capital One in this thread: http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/topic_view.php?catid=52&threadid...

Here's a link directly to the post for the very lazy: linky

Attached a PDF of the page (legal size - gets everything on one sheet). When I have a chance to stop by a branch, if questioned about a mailer, I'll say I'm a credit card customer w/ paperless statements. This is the link I got from my electronic statement, or something like that.

rustum said: Any one tried in Texas with the print out? Do we need a real DD to get the $200?

I just did it this afternoon at a branch in San Antonio. I took the printout and mentioned, like the previous poster suggested, that it came with my card statement. The banker didn't verify that I had a card, or even mention anything else about it.

Cap 1 counts ACH push as DD. So far they have gifted me $600.

Is it ok to go to branch without having credit card with them with web print out of the offer? is there any limitation per household?

Many Thanks. Got my Rewards Checking account, w free 150 checks, double rewards point accumulation in the month of May and June of 2009. Plus, free first year annual fee of this branch's Bank Safe Deposit Box. Excellent deal....

do you have to sign up with direct deposit to qualify or just open up a checking account, in new jersey

much like what hes talking about

http://www.mycardblog.com/2007/11/use-ing-and-paypal-to-make-direct-deposit/

i don't mind depositing my paypal funds has anyone been successful with that.

just opened mine today. thanks OP!

i havent opened a checking in yrs. they give you a starter book of checks right? i wannna pay bills this monthg as it's double no hassle rewards from may to june

SegaRob said: oopsz said: Capital One retail banking is the merged operations of north fork bank, superior savings of new england, and hibernia national bank (soon to include chevy chase bank).

Well, all the North Fork Banks have become CapOnes, but I'm pretty sure they've open up some new branches on top of that. North Fork is the only one of those banks that has any real presence in NY and I'm pretty sure there are more CapOne branches than there were North Fork branches. They seem to be everywhere in NY these days.

Quite correct...the North Fork Bank which is about a block from my apartment building, converted to Capital One....and just a few blocks away from it (near City Hall...i live in manhattan) they opened a brand new branch...so they are building additional branches aside from the taken over ones....

But so far, it doesn't look like they are expanding beyond their present market areas....

kabukicho said: i havent opened a checking in yrs. they give you a starter book of checks right? i wannna pay bills this monthg as it's double no hassle rewards from may to june A lot of banks don't give you free starter book. Someone in this thread reported that they did receive 150 starter checks. On the bright side, most banks have a bill pay service (they print and mail the checks out for you or send them electronically which is super convenient and saves you money on postage).

I got both the mailer and an email for this offer.

Per request, here's the link for the RC5 promo.

RC5 $150 Promo

rustum said: Any one tried in Texas with the print out? Do we need a real DD to get the $200?

I opened an account at a branch in Dallas (Midway & Alpha). I handed them a printout, and was asked if I had a card with them. I said yes (I do). The banker said something like "we sent these to our cardholders..." I just did this Friday, so no telling on the $200, yet. I plan on HSBC transfers as DD. If I don't see something pretty quick, I'll make legitimate DD, since my employer allows splitting of my check.

I also opened 2 accounts last month in Dallas area (in 2 different branches) - for me and my wife. In each place we mumbled something about having Capital One credit card in the past
(it was partially true - only one of us did) and receiving e-mail from them with that offer, blah, blah, blah. Anyway, they did not seem to care much. Opened account, promised to get $200
within 6-8 week after 1st direct deposit. Obviously, cannot confirm on that yet.

By the way, don't forget about the points ! Each of us got 5000 bonus points (1000 for opening and 4000 for the first deposit or something). Then we transferred them into one account (they allow that !)
and redeemed 10,000 for $50 cash. Already got the check !

I already signed up for this successfully back i Decemeber and received my $200.

Skipping 107 Messages...
how would i know if the lady who opened my account at bank did put the promotion code,she seemed new and was asking her colleague so many questions while opening my account. I read on FW that in some cases they forget to put the promotion code and then after waiting 5-6 weeks you have to go back and forth to make it correct.

is there anywhere in my online account or may be some other way i can check that she keyed in the promotion code...

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014