• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Not the hottest deal but nice if you only have a savings account with ING. A signature based transaction is any transaction that does not require the PIN.

"Open your account by May 31, 2009 and use your Debit MasterCard® to make 3 signature-based transactions within the first 45 days. On day 50, we'll put $50 in your account. Visit www.ingdirect.com/electric50 to learn more. Don't forget to enter Reference Code EM258 to be eligible for the $50." you'll need to use the link to use EM258. You may need to have an existing account.

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
http://www.ingdirect.com/BlackFriday/

Make money while you manage your money. And we'll give you $121, the average amount... (more)

PaulCollins (Nov. 27, 2009 @ 12:47a) |

ING did not allow me to keep my newly opened account and thus did not give any bonus.

jackcrawfish (Nov. 27, 2009 @ 9:39a) |

My bonus posted this week. Very easy $121! I just used my card in an electric parking meter for 3 transactions of 25 ce... (more)

dawndelion (Jan. 23, 2010 @ 10:59p) |

Open your account by July 15, 2009 and enter Reference Code EM287 to be eligible for the $50.

Hard pull?

oopsz said: Hard pull?

Yes - at least, for me.

Opened this account about a year ago. Very convenient for me since they'll send paper checks for free, although the low interest on ING savings is a buzzkill.

They sent me an email and offer only $25 bonus to open a new account.

Be careful...I had to call them in order to get the bonus deposited in my account for this. ING Direct is a sneaky bunch of people...

Thanks OP. Had been waiting for one of these.

Thanks OP. Great for existing account holder...

$50 for a hard inquiry doesn't seem worth it to me, considering bumping and choppage is a factor now with AOR's...personally I'd rather save my inq's for the AOR's which are more profitable.

is there any minimum balance required for this account

i just opened one with $1 deposit. Does anyone know if the $1k overdraft line will show up on credit?

Yup, definately a hard pull.

0.25, 1.60, and 1.65 great rates......sure.

for those who don't already have an ING account to take advantage of this, you can ask current members for a link to open up a new account and get $25 for depositing $250 into the account (with no limit as to how long you have to keep it in there). $25 for savings + $50 for this checking offer = $75 bonus...not bad

If you already had an ING savings account for awhile, will another hard pull be performed again to open this checking?

Crazykole5 said: for those who don't already have an ING account to take advantage of this, you can ask current members for a link to open up a new account and get $25 for depositing $250 into the account (with no limit as to how long you have to keep it in there). $25 for savings + $50 for this checking offer = $75 bonus...not bad

You mean you will get the $25 bonus when you open a ING Savings A/c together with ING Electric A/c, and not after you have already opened ING Electric a/c?

referral code please

BhartiShah said: referral code please

Sent PM

Called up a Rep and was able to use EM258 for the $50 bonus offer even today. He said that even if that code didnt return valid he'd apply a different code to apply $25 instead!

Damn, how'd I miss this. My savings account with them is just sitting idly for years. It would have been nice to cash in on $50.

SegaRob said: Damn, how'd I miss this. My savings account with them is just sitting idly for years. It would have been nice to cash in on $50.

You can still do this. Call up 1800INGDIRECT and talk to the Rep. Either you get $50 offer and if not they can give you another $25 offer which is for phone signup a/c only.

sandeeppotdar said: SegaRob said: Damn, how'd I miss this. My savings account with them is just sitting idly for years. It would have been nice to cash in on $50.

You can still do this. Call up 1800INGDIRECT and talk to the Rep. Either you get $50 offer and if not they can give you another $25 offer which is for phone signup a/c only.
Open your account by June 20, 2009 and use your Debit Mastercard® to make 3 signature-based transactions within the first 45 days. On day 50, we'll put $50 in your account.

Visit http://www.ingdirect.com/electric50 to learn more. Don't forget to enter Reference Code EM275 to be eligible for the $50.

ANightShopper said: sandeeppotdar said: SegaRob said: Damn, how'd I miss this. My savings account with them is just sitting idly for years. It would have been nice to cash in on $50.

Open your account by June 20, 2009 and use your Debit Mastercard® to make 3 signature-based transactions within the first 45 days. On day 50, we'll put $50 in your account.

Visit http://www.ingdirect.com/electric50 to learn more. Don't forget to enter Reference Code EM275 to be eligible for the $50.

New code? Awesome.

$50 is enough to make it worth it to open, but $25 isn't. Normally I don't bother with checking bonuses under a $100, but it's less of a hassle when I already have a savings account with them.

Edit: I just realized that they require you to apply for overdraft protection. I thought I would avoid any pull because I already had the savings account, but if they require overdraft then it's almost gauranteed that they will do a pull.

redina said: If you already had an ING savings account for awhile, will another hard pull be performed again to open this checking?

I didn't see this answered, and I was wondering the same thing. Anyone know?

My hunch is that it is very likely since the account comes with overdraft. I don't know for sure though.

PoorManDan said: redina said: If you already had an ING savings account for awhile, will another hard pull be performed again to open this checking?

I didn't see this answered, and I was wondering the same thing. Anyone know?

When you open a Savings a/c they only do a Chex inquiry but whenever you open Checking they do a Hard pull.

Is there a new code out there for 50?

there is for 25

frank10b said: Is there a new code out there for 50?

there is for 25
Yep. Go to www.ingdirect.com/electric50 to learn more. Don't forget to enter Reference Code EM287 to be eligible for the $50.

excellent thank you. I recently signed up for the free $25 for savings, this is even better. $75 for barely any work. Green for OP

There's another thread for the newer code (which doesn't seem to require having a savings account, but I'm not sure): http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/finance/934433

ANightShopper said: frank10b said: Is there a new code out there for 50?

there is for 25
Yep. Go to www.ingdirect.com/electric50 to learn more. Don't forget to enter Reference Code EM287 to be eligible for the $50.

where does the reference code go

EM288 seems to be a new code (was emailed to me on 6-26)

Donedealzz said: ANightShopper said: frank10b said: Is there a new code out there for 50?

there is for 25

where does the reference code go
If you have their customer number, which I did thanks to Microsoft Money deal i while ago, you need to link some external checking account to it by sending them a $1 check before you can apply for the checking account with this reference code. If you do not, PM some one for a $25 referral to establish a saving account first.

Donedealzz said: where does the reference code goI just posted some info in the other thread http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/finance/934433 about different ways to get to the application for both existing and new users. Both ways have a box labeled Reference Code (if you're an existing user, that box doesn't show up until after you login and go to Step 2 of the application).

50$ is not worth it, because you will not even get 50$. Pretty much all banks count such bonus as interest and you will be paying tax on this. So if are in 30% bracket, all you get it is 35$.

This is one of reason I have had held back even for 100$ sign-up bonus offers.

BayAreaGuy said: 50$ is not worth it, because you will not even get 50$. Pretty much all banks count such bonus as interest and you will be paying tax on this. So if are in 30% bracket, all you get it is 35$.

This is one of reason I have had held back even for 100$ sign-up bonus offers.

To you...for the amount of time it takes to do, it is easily worth it for most people...

"Cha-ching! Your bonus is now posted"

Thanks again OP.

looks like this offer is still valid at http://www.ingdirect.com/electric50

www.ingdirect.com/electric50

New Code: EM362

Open your account by October 15, 2009 and use your Debit Card to make 3 signature transactions (you know, the ones you have to actually sign) within the first 45 days. On day 50, we'll put $50 in your account.

Skipping 5 Messages...
PaulCollins said: http://www.ingdirect.com/BlackFriday/

Make money while you manage your money. And we'll give you $121, the average amount consumers pay in overdraft fees annually.

Here's how:

1. Open an Electric Orange checking with Reference Code EOSAVE.
2. Use your Debit Card to make 3 signature transactions (you know, the ones you have to actually sign) within the first 45 days.
3. On day 50, we'll put $121 in your account. You have to open today to get the $121 bonus.

My bonus posted this week. Very easy $121! I just used my card in an electric parking meter for 3 transactions of 25 cents each

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014