$25 ING Savings Bonus

Archived From: Finance
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Got this in my email this evening:

email said: Open an Orange Savings Account by Aug. 3rd and we'll give you a $25 bonus.
* No minimums - everyone earns the same yield
* No fees - your money works hard for you
* Automatic Savings Plan - build your savings effortlessly
Go to ingdirect.com/save today and open an Orange Savings Account. To get your $25 bonus, enter Reference Code VE222. ING Ball 1.50% Variable Annual Percentage Yield effective as of 6/1/09. Bonus only available for new accounts with a new Customer as primary owner. Only one bonus will be provided per household. $25 bonus starts earning interest upon account opening, but is unavailable for withdrawal for 30 days.

Did this tonight with a $1 deposit and the $25 is already showing in my ING account.

I was NOT a customer of ING but likely on email list due to past application for ING checking. It's not a super big bonus but I'll take it since I planned to open an ING savings anyways.

Member Summary
Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Any special link to click or code to enter?

hmmm I already have an account....is there anyway to open another account? need another email and address I guess?

okaythen said: hmmm I already have an account....is there anyway to open another account? need another email and address I guess?

I dont' think that will work as they will recognize your ss#.

link?

isobro said: link?

Just use this link and type in reference code VE222 as the OP stated.

mt2va said: okaythen said: hmmm I already have an account....is there anyway to open another account? need another email and address I guess?

I dont' think that will work as they will recognize your ss#.

Confirmed that this is correct. They stated that I am already in their system.

If you have ever had an account with them, no bonus for you.

hard pull?

Great. I have been waiting for one of these. Signed up and bonus was credited immediately. Thanks OP!

zhsa said: hard pull?
Nope not the Savings a/c

There is also an offer for $50 for signing up for electric orange checking right now for current members. If you sign-up for this and then do that, you would get $25. Also, you may want to consider helping the FW community and find another ING direct member and get a link to also get the $25 but also earn them $10. Only additional requirement is you have to put an initial investment of at least $250 in. Works for the checking or savings accounts though with ING.

Does anyone know how to find the offer Crazykole5 mentions, $50 for a current member to sign up for electric orange checking with deposit of $250?

I don't see it on the Orange site or a quick FW search.

===
edit: I tried again with other FW search terms and found this thread that describes the $50 electric orange account opening offer:

http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/finance/925792

However, from the thread, seems that the $50 offer was over on June 20, 2009....

---
Okay, as of June 28 there seems to be a new offer good until July 15th:

http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/finance/934433/

I already have an ING electric checking account.
Do I qualify for the bonus if I open a savings account?

Is there a new 50 ckg code out there?

thanks

Frank10b,

A new $50 offer was posted today:

http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/finance/934433/

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 10PM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.