• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Hi all!

I found a strange transactions in my HSBC card account recently, that said it is "INTEREST CREDIT ADJUSTMENT" and actually giving me
just almost $11, another strange thing is that transaction is from Dec 2009, yet it posted in the middle of June 2009.
Needless to say I have never ever paid a cent of CC interest in my life.
A quick google search revealed a couple of other similar posts that appeared a withing last few weeks, with similar explanations.
Anybody else have seen those? Any idea of what is it? (Sure, I always appreciate free money, but I am still curious what is the reason
for this particular credit and perhaps how to make it bigger for the next time (one person reported this is an annual thing, but I only
have the card for a bit over a year now, so don't know about this part)).
I checked my transactions for Nov and Dec 2008 and I do not see anything in particular on the date the transactions appeared, except this
is my statement date, and during the course of that statement I did a "prepay" (that is - paid some money that were not due) something like
$200.
I find it hard to believe I got 5+% on $200 in just a couple of weeks it took for the statement to close, though I do not rule it out
completely. (I guess I will perform an experiment and prepay some more money (as in couple of thousands, I guess) at the start of the
next statement period to see what happens, but that would likely take another year to see the effects).

Member Summary
Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.

I got one also, only it is for $0.89. Both the transaction date and the post date is 6/18/09. My HSBC card is from Orchard Bank. I've never paid interest on this card and I've never received it before (I've had this card for two years). I have often prepaid my card before the closing date because the CL is only $1000, but never received this before.

If anybody finds an explanation, please post!

I feel poor.

I only managed to get a $0.29 credit adjustment.
The transaction date is from 12-23-08 and the post date is 6-23-09.
A super late christmas present? woohoo...
ahh.. what can I buy? a pack of gum?
no, that is $0.35 now. I can't afford that.

Like the rest of you, I have no idea why I got this credit.
I prepaid my Household Bank 2% CC almost every month.
I charge about 1k each month but my credit limit is only $750.
(HSBC sucks...most of other cc are at least 10x that)

I have the Saks World Elite card from them. I have gotten these randomly before -- usually after I dispute a charge. I never carry a balance so never incurred interest anyways so I continue to find it quite odd. Maybe it is thier attempt to reverse the charges immediatley as a coutesy while merchant investigation takes place?

We need a new acronym: WDTSWYCT = what did they say when you called them?

I got one from my 2% Orchard Bank card too randomly...I've never paid a penny interest in the entire lifetime of the card so no idea why they'd do that.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014