• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
I checked with Bank of America, Wachovia, Wells Fargo, Citi.

At least they don't provide this service in my area.

Local credit unions would most probably do it. Is there a major bank that provides this service?

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
I got my wife a notary license.

Free notarizations for life.

Crazytree (Jul. 03, 2009 @ 1:58a) |

My post office does it for free.

SethKinast (Jul. 03, 2009 @ 3:22a) |

Bank of America did it for me with no hassle... I always thought that they could only optionally charge a nominal fee, ... (more)

fRedr (Jul. 08, 2009 @ 6:57p) |

Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

I've found it easier to go to a local insurance office or title company.

Not completely national, but apparently a requirement of being a PNC Bank branch manager is being a notary public. I asked if the bank had a notary and they told me no though.

http://secure.wikileaks.org/wiki/PNC_Bank_Pensylvania_and_Zurich_Insurance_Lilia_Odhner_case_part_2

Varies widely. Call your local branch.

Wachovia branches that were formerly World Savings often still will notarize ANY document for free. You used to need $25k account balance, but they dont usually check.

BofA will notarize any BofA related document, such as a mortgage, for free. Most will not notarize non-BofA docs for "average" clients (Premier and Private Banking tier customers will often get helped)

Citi will notarize on a case by case basis. In the past, Ive popped into Citi wvwn with a noncustomer who needed notarization, and asked them to check my account relationship (IE big balances) and asked them to notarize something. No problemo.

Chevy Chase Bank does it, if you're in the DC area.

PNC does it for me.

Before WAMU became Chase, my local branch did it for me. Wells Fargo also did it several years ago when I did my refinance through them.

fatcool said: I checked with Bank of America, Wachovia, Wells Fargo, Citi.

Local credit unions would most probably do it. Is there a major bank that provides this service?

All the Wachovia's I have been to will notarize documents (except wills) for customers of the bank. In fact, their website still lists

• Free notary service

Link

I've had First Merit notarize documents for me in the past for free, I only maintain a free checking account there.

In NY and CT, Chase and Citibank will notarize any document you want for free (if you have an account with them, of course)

In Los Angeles, Chase, Citibank, Bank of the West will only notarize THEIR bank documents (e.g. mortgages, etc). Banks in the Los Angeles area suck, is all I can say.

BofA notarized some vehicle title transfer document at the behest of the account holding seller earlier this year. Interestingly I had tried to get a document notarized at the same branch a couple of years before and was told they didn't offer the service. I was an account holder at the time.

I've gone into Commerce Bank (Now TD Bank) and had notarizing done for free (NYC). I do not have an account with them.

most Kroger and Publix stores have a notary (free). That's where I got my divorce, $20 for a diy divorce kit at OD, notarized at kroger, a few bucks to mail it certified to get her signature, and then $79 for court costs.

Call around & ask. Every bank I've ever dealt with will notarize for free for their clients. The one time I had to use a bank that wasn't mine it was a very small charge. (I think about $5 or less)

BOA does in massachusetts, but also my local bank as a service to customers. One place I was surprised that had it for free was the local library.

CycloneFW said: fatcool said: I checked with Bank of America, Wachovia, Wells Fargo, Citi.

All the Wachovia's I have been to will notarize documents (except wills) for customers of the bank. In fact, their website still lists

• Free notary service

Link

Right. I quite frequently use wachovia for notarizing docs.

BoA notarizes. I had them do a couple dozen over the last year. Most related to changing titles to my trust with other banks.

BoA did for me for no fee (student checking, Maryland)

Navy Federal Credit Union will notarize any document for members

Why not use public library for that purpose? Usually I get my stuff notarized there for free. All I need is to make an appointment.

Citizens Bank in Mass will notarizes any document for free if you have an account.

I have notarized in FlagStar, Wells Fargo, Wachovia, Chase (I don't even have a account with Chase).

BoA also did one for me just a few weeks ago, they didn't even ask if I had an account.

I bank at wells fargo and have not had any issues taking my loan docs into the branch. I usually call and find out if there is a notary available and make an appointment. Now if your referring to non loan docs then that maybe an issue YMMV.

try doing a craigslist search you can find thousands of notaries some who will charge only $5 per signature.

My local BofA has notarized everything I've brought them for free. Their only complaint has been on some foreign language translations (not sure why - they were just notarizing the signature, not the translation). I just searched the BofA website - can't find a policy there now...

I think AAA does it free also for members.

BofA and Wells Fargo in Northern Nevada no longer will notarize for customers. We had to go to a shipping placce and have it done.

Regions Bank provides free notary service for current customers.

Key Bank here has a notary public.

bopc1996 said: I think AAA does it free also for members.

AAA will do it for their customers a $5 charge to non customers.. They will not do deads

Chase does it.
All country clerks do it.
All of my insurance agents, current and past have been public notaries.

I have done it at BOA, Publix and UPS for free.

UPS.
Thanks!
I will have to look into that and use UPS since it's free.

alanmax said: UPS.
Thanks!
I will have to look into that and use UPS since it's free.

I think the mean the UPS STORE (formerly called Mailboxes etc). Its a PMB service.

Not the UPS shipping locations.

And its Not free.

I've had luck with Key Bank.

Flagstar. I used them for my DBA forms.

Any luck with National City Bank?

local colleges???

Chase dont do it. I checked with two branches. Both declined. This is California.

lion00999 said: Chase does it.
All country clerks do it.
All of my insurance agents, current and past have been public notaries.

Skipping 15 Messages...
Bank of America did it for me with no hassle... I always thought that they could only optionally charge a nominal fee, and most banks don't charge their customers.

Isn't the _duty_ of a Notary Public to serve the public, the free part should be the only question.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014