• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Hi,

I have a savings account that was opened with Wamu / Washington Mutual.

I need to receive some wire transfer from abroad and the sending bank needs the receiving banks address. Now that Chase has taken over WaMu, I get my bank statements from Chase, but the address listed is only a P.O. Box address (POB 660022, Dallas, TX). I opened the account in California but I don't remember which branch and I don't even know if that branch is still there.

Does anyone have any knowledge if I can just give the P.O. Box address? When I called Chase, they said that they can't give me the branch address information.

I'm stuck and would appreciate some help

Alex

Member Summary
Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Chase's swift code is CHASUS33 and you'll need that as well as your account number to have the wire sent to you. It will most likely pull up a New York address. I would call Chase customer service though and verify that Wamu accounts are on Chase's system, and if not ask for the Wamu swift code.

Sounds like you need a better bank if they won't help you complete a wire transfer.

From our friends at optionsXpress
1 Chase Manhattan Plaza
New York, NY 10081

Swift Code:
CHASUS33

You definitely shouldn't give the PO Box or the branch address.
The address doesn't really matter; that's more for double-checking on your originating bank's part.
The accuracy of the SWIFT code does.

Like Eeyore said, you need to ask Chase specifically for incoming wire instructions for your account.

scrouds said: Sounds like you need a better bank if they won't help you complete a wire transfer.Chase is keeping wire transfers free on WaMu accounts, so why would they help someone complete one? I'm sure they'd be much more accommodating if you opened a Chase account and paid to complete the wire transfer.

OP's incoming international wire is not going to be free. But I am not sure if Chase gets to keep a portion of the intermediary fee, or if the entire fee goes to the intermediary bank.

mttatkns said: scrouds said: Sounds like you need a better bank if they won't help you complete a wire transfer.Chase is keeping wire transfers free on WaMu accounts, so why would they help someone complete one? I'm sure they'd be much more accommodating if you opened a Chase account and paid to complete the wire transfer.

Free outgoing domestic under Wamu, unless its changed recently.

I have a similar question...

I am receiving funds from an offshore USD account to my USD account at Wamu/Chase. The funds go from the offshore USD account directly to JPM Chase and then on to my Chase/Wamu account. I am charged fees from the originating bank, JPM Chase and then Chase/Wamu, all in all I am charged about 0.65% of the transfer amount in fees which I am finding hard to stomach.

Is this about normal or do some banks have lower or no fees for incoming USD international wires?

DJVivid said: I have a similar question...

I am receiving funds from an offshore USD account to my USD account at Wamu/Chase. The funds go from the offshore USD account directly to JPM Chase and then on to my Chase/Wamu account. I am charged fees from the originating bank, JPM Chase and then Chase/Wamu, all in all I am charged about 0.6% of the transfer amount in fees which I am finding hard to stomach.

Is this about normal or do some banks have lower or no fees for incoming USD international wires?

If the foreign bank is part of the Citi network in certain countries, Citi Global Transfer may be one solution. They seem to charge $5 per transfer. They limit transfer amount to $3000/day. Disclaimer: I haven't used this service.

edit - here's the FW thread on international transfers

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014