• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
I want to take advantage of a $150 coupon offer that Chase recently sent me. However, to waive fees I need to have at least one direct deposit a month. My question is, what counts as a direct deposit? PayPal deposits? ING Direct deposits? or only payroll deposits?

Thanks!

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
Just as a data point, I can't get anything to count
for the initial bonus. Tried ING and Amazon Payments.
And for signific... (more)

darkhunter (Aug. 08, 2009 @ 10:01p) |

weird, who is asking? chase?

frank10b (Aug. 09, 2009 @ 2:17a) |

Fwiw, in early July, I funded my account with $100 charged to a citi professional CC and my bonus was credited within a ... (more)

sharky1985 (Aug. 09, 2009 @ 3:47a) |

Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

ACH counts as direct deposit

any ach pushes other than paypal and ING would count.

For the monthly DD, an ING push will count. For the bonus, you will need to send money from elsewhere.

I was told by hsbc that paypal counts as direct deposit...?

I can confirm that a $5 transfer from Paypal each month counts as Direct Deposit for me.

So fidelity money line link initiated from fidelity is counted as DD?

Yes, transfers from Fidelity are counted as DD.

I recently opened a new Chase Checking account in order to collect the cash bonus. After opening the account I made several small transfers from Fidelity, PayPal, and ING into my new Chase account. Chase depositted the $125 bonus into my account just a few days later. In all, in only took 22 days to get the bonus cash. I opened the account on 6/30 and the bonus was deposited on 7/21. The bonus was paid 8 days after making the initial transfer from Fidelity. Pretty painless deal imho.

nycll said: So fidelity money line link initiated from fidelity is counted as DD?

My Ameritrade link deposits triggered all my Chase bonuses.

B0HEMIAN said: any ach pushes other than paypal and ING would count.

ING does count, I used it

Capital One counts as a DD also.

i just been rejected for transfers from PNC and HSBC.
they claim they are transfers and not DD from payroll, retirement etc.

Chase is being phantasmal in their definition of DD. ACH should be DD by definition, However, Chase chooses not honor their promotions based on fine print that they do not disclose to the end consumer. I was deluded out of a $125 bonus in this manner. My biggest pet-peev is companies hiding behind undisclosed "policy."

GOODBYE CHASE, YOU ARE MY WEAKEST BANK!!!

FYI: E*Trade doesn't count for DD at Chase

chryslerguy said: Chase is being phantasmal in their definition of DD. ACH should be DD by definition, However, Chase chooses not honor their promotions based on fine print that they do not disclose to the end consumer. I was deluded out of a $125 bonus in this manner. My biggest pet-peev is companies hiding behind undisclosed "policy."

The back of the coupon says "Also, within 60 calendar days of account opening, you must initiate a monthly direct deposit such as payroll, pension or Social Security or other government benefits." Trying to game the system is your option, but calling this an undisclosed policy is not being truthful.

Thanks all info above. Do you guys know if citibank (inter-institution) transfer can be counted as direct deposit for chase checking? I just called citi and was told the answer is "No"(I am not sure why). Thanks.

Just to share, I found a post here(http://bankdeals.blogspot.com/2009/05/100-checking-account-bonus-at-chase.html) saying PayPal no longer works.

yqjiang said: Thanks all info above. Do you guys know if citibank (inter-institution) transfer can be counted as direct deposit for chase checking? I just called citi and was told the answer is "No"(I am not sure why). Thanks.

Just to share, I found a post here(http://bankdeals.blogspot.com/2009/05/100-checking-account-bonus... saying PayPal no longer works.
I've been using Citi to push $10 monthly on several accts for 2-3 years. It's always been counted as a DD by Chase. I'm not sure why Citi would know or care how Chase codes things anyway.

soxfan1 said: chryslerguy said: Chase is being phantasmal in their definition of DD. ACH should be DD by definition, However, Chase chooses not honor their promotions based on fine print that they do not disclose to the end consumer. I was deluded out of a $125 bonus in this manner. My biggest pet-peev is companies hiding behind undisclosed "policy."

The back of the coupon says "Also, within 60 calendar days of account opening, you must initiate a monthly direct deposit such as payroll, pension or Social Security or other government benefits." Trying to game the system is your option, but calling this an undisclosed policy is not being truthful.

The term "SUCH AS" is NOT binding. Calling a DD not a DD is NOT TRUTHFUL

PayPal does NOT count. I tried it to get the last bonus they offered & it did not trigger a bonus. I did however make a deposit using Intuit payroll & that triggered it.

Take a look at this before you consider dealing with the dirty SOBs at chase.

Full disclosure, I just took Chase for a $200 biz bonus and free lifetime Safe Deposit Box.

Anyone w/ experience pushing from Ally?

Just as a data point, I can't get anything to count
for the initial bonus. Tried ING and Amazon Payments.
And for significant amounts too, not just $1.

No bonus.

I know someone else said ING did not work
so no surprise there. You would
think Amazon would work, selling things on Amazon
is a job right? I mean that's technically payroll.
You work for Amazon. I have not called or email
to argue it yet. Was waiting it out, trying to find
some other option. Did not even try paypal since
its been said several times it did not work.

weird, who is asking? chase?

Fwiw, in early July, I funded my account with $100 charged to a citi professional CC and my bonus was credited within a week.

ETA: They classified this as a "ACH Credit" and "CHASE NEW ACCT DEPOSIT", and not charged a cash advance from citi.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 10PM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.