• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
CapEx said: Alright guys. Capital One is increasing limits now without a hard pull. 1-800-889-9939. It's a person not a computer, but it's very easy to get credit increases; however most are small (ie. $500-$1000 increase).

Can anyone confirm that Capital One still allows CLI's without hard pull?

Member Summary
Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.

So does anyone know if this Magic # 1-800-889-9939 for a Capital One Credit Limit Increase....

its a soft pull right?

I've called it before. It is a person, but they don't have authority to make decisions, they can only punch your info into a computer for it to make a decision. Last time I called (a few months ago), they said they pretty much weren't doing any CLIs. Things might have changed, though.

But is it a soft or a hard pull?

Couldn't say for sure. I think they were just reviewing my account history with them, and not my credit scores/history while I was talking with them, so I would guess it would not be a hard pull. Also, my credit monitoring service did NOT inform me of a hard pull after I called. But like I said, I'm not 100% on the answer.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014