Payment Requested:
Payment Processed:
Lifetime Cash Back:

ING $50 bonus for opening Sharebuilder Account w/ $50

First page
1 of 8
johnnybs
8/27/09 1:17 PM
Open a new account using the promotion code 50ELECTRIC and deposit $50 or more before 9/15/09.

Within 45 days you will see a $50 bonus in your newly opened account.

Link

T&C

You must have a U.S. Tax I.D. (Social Security Number) to open a ShareBuilder Account.

One promotional award per unique Customer or custodial beneficiary. Cash offer available for Individual, Joint and Custodial accounts only. Not valid with IRA or Education Savings Accounts.

The $50 matching bonus from ShareBuilder is not available for withdrawal for 90 days after it is awarded to your account.

ShareBuilder reserves the right to terminate this offer at any time and to refuse or recover any promotion award if ShareBuilder determines that it was obtained under wrongful or fraudulent circumstances, that inaccurate or incomplete information was provided in opening the account, or that any term of ShareBuilder's Account Agreement has been violated.

I believe you can avoid hard pull if you don't sign up for options or margin. Haven't confirmed this though.

Choose the basic pricing program to avoid monthly fees- I believe they only assess fees if you automatically subscribe to buying shares.

You don't have to make any trades to receive the bonus- confirmed via E-mail.
WikiPost
8/27/09 1:17 PM
New expiration date - 10/1/2009
Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
Antimatter85
8/27/09 1:40 PM
Tempting.
leedsutd67
8/27/09 8:05 PM
Thanks OP just opened one each for my wife and myself.
msylvest
8/27/09 10:10 PM
Thanks OP. I did not see this in the promotion fine print, but soon after opening an account I received this in an email:

"To receive your $50 Account Bonus, all you need to do is purchase a stock or ETF in either your Automatic Investment Plan or through a real-time trade by 11/15/2009"

A real-time trade is $9.95, and an automatic investment trade is $4.
catbertsf
8/27/09 10:25 PM
msylvest said:

Thanks OP. I did not see this in the promotion fine print, but soon after opening an account I received this in an email:

"To receive your $50 Account Bonus, all you need to do is purchase a stock or ETF in either your Automatic Investment Plan or through a real-time trade by 11/15/2009"

thank you. i almost signed up before i saw your experience... i will pass then.
desidealman
8/27/09 11:19 PM
Can we open a second account if you already have an account with sharebuilder
johnnybs
8/28/09 2:06 AM
desidealman said:

Can we open a second account if you already have an account with sharebuilder

I don't believe so as stated in the T&C:

"One promotional award per unique Customer or custodial beneficiary."
johnnybs
8/28/09 2:08 AM
msylvest said:

I received the same E-mail as well. Do we have a right to fight this, as it wasn't stated in the T&C?
chantspel
8/28/09 10:33 AM
Does anyone know if Sharebuilder allows you to invest in some funds without transaction costs? Like no fee index funds? Or is the minimum 4 dollars?
First page
1 of 8
Please select a reason for your RED vote:

You may be contacted via Private Message during the investigation of this issue.