• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Open a new account using the promotion code 50ELECTRIC and deposit $50 or more before 9/15/09.

Within 45 days you will see a $50 bonus in your newly opened account.

Link

T&C

You must have a U.S. Tax I.D. (Social Security Number) to open a ShareBuilder Account.

One promotional award per unique Customer or custodial beneficiary. Cash offer available for Individual, Joint and Custodial accounts only. Not valid with IRA or Education Savings Accounts.

The $50 matching bonus from ShareBuilder is not available for withdrawal for 90 days after it is awarded to your account.

ShareBuilder reserves the right to terminate this offer at any time and to refuse or recover any promotion award if ShareBuilder determines that it was obtained under wrongful or fraudulent circumstances, that inaccurate or incomplete information was provided in opening the account, or that any term of ShareBuilder's Account Agreement has been violated.

I believe you can avoid hard pull if you don't sign up for options or margin. Haven't confirmed this though.

Choose the basic pricing program to avoid monthly fees- I believe they only assess fees if you automatically subscribe to buying shares.

You don't have to make any trades to receive the bonus- confirmed via E-mail.

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
How often can you do these?

Also, be careful with IP address and calling in. They save all that.

karatz (Mar. 22, 2010 @ 8:59p) |

get 5 free real time trades.... ripped from brightpolaris on sd

"Sharebuilder- 5 Free Real Time Trade credits
Checked the ... (more)

actionman1 (Mar. 22, 2010 @ 9:08p) |

Get a $50 Bonus
Visit www.ingdirect.com/zerofees to learn more about how to earn a $50 bonus with your Electric Orange. ... (more)

karatz (Mar. 27, 2010 @ 12:05a) |

New expiration date - 10/1/2009
Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Tempting.

Thanks OP just opened one each for my wife and myself.

Thanks OP. I did not see this in the promotion fine print, but soon after opening an account I received this in an email:

"To receive your $50 Account Bonus, all you need to do is purchase a stock or ETF in either your Automatic Investment Plan or through a real-time trade by 11/15/2009"

A real-time trade is $9.95, and an automatic investment trade is $4.

msylvest said: Thanks OP. I did not see this in the promotion fine print, but soon after opening an account I received this in an email:

"To receive your $50 Account Bonus, all you need to do is purchase a stock or ETF in either your Automatic Investment Plan or through a real-time trade by 11/15/2009"

thank you. i almost signed up before i saw your experience... i will pass then.

Can we open a second account if you already have an account with sharebuilder

desidealman said: Can we open a second account if you already have an account with sharebuilder

I don't believe so as stated in the T&C:

"One promotional award per unique Customer or custodial beneficiary."

msylvest said: Thanks OP. I did not see this in the promotion fine print, but soon after opening an account I received this in an email:

I received the same E-mail as well. Do we have a right to fight this, as it wasn't stated in the T&C?

Does anyone know if Sharebuilder allows you to invest in some funds without transaction costs? Like no fee index funds? Or is the minimum 4 dollars?

Just got this E-mail. Looks like you don't need to buy any shares:

Promotion Qualification

Dear Johnnybs,

You have met the requirements of the ShareBuilder promotion and will receive your $50 Account Bonus within 4-6 weeks.

Promo Code: 50ELECTRIC

If you have any questions, please contact us at 800-747-2537 or by email at customerservice@sharebuilder.com.

Sincerely,

The ShareBuilder Team

Make that $70 if you are a costco member ($90 if you're an executive member).

sharebuilder.com/costco90

Expires September 6.

good luck getting this, I never received my $50 from the last offer.... and they would not give it to me b/c they claimed it was targeted. I suggest you get written email proof before you do this. It takes a day or two, but worth it...

is there a hard pull?

If so or if not, which credit bureau do they use for the soft pull?

thanks

Just got my confirmation response:

Hi Johnnybs,

Thank you for emailing ShareBuilder Customer Service about the 50ELECTRIC account promotion. You are correct that all you needed to do was deposit $50 into the account to receive the promotional bonus. Most ShareBuilder promotions require a trade to be made first, but this promotion is an exception. You will receive the $50 account bonus approximately four to six weeks from the date of your first $50 deposit.

We appreciate the opportunity to help you with your investment needs. If you would like to follow up on this, please reference inquiry number 3091394. We also have a great search tool that can help you find answers to any additional questions you may have about ShareBuilder.

Sincerely,

Mychael Mulhern
Customer Service
ShareBuilder from ING DIRECT

Now just have to watch and wait!

I received an email confirming I qualified for bonus two days after opening account and funding it with $50. Have not executed a trade nor do I plan to do so. You do have to leave account open and funded for 90 days.

I don't see anywhere on the linked page where there's an expiration date, and it accepts the promo code (at least for completing the first page of the signup). It looks like this might still be going on. Did I miss something?

I received an email on Sept 1 stating: You have met the requirements of the ShareBuilder promotion and will receive your $50 Account Bonus within 4-6 weeks.
I received another email on Sept 17 stating: "To receive your $50 Account Bonus, all you need to do is purchase a stock or ETF in either your Automatic Investment Plan or through a real-time trade by 11/15/2009".
These 2 emails are providing conflicting information and the need to perform a trade was not in the 50ELECTRIC requirements.
I called ShareBuilder and the CSR pulled up the promotion webpage and agreed with me.
When I asked for an email confirming our phone conversation that I was entitled to the $50 Bonus without performing a trade, he would only provide a Reference# to me covering our phone conversation.
The CSR was completely uncaring and very cavelier to my having to waste my time because ShareBuilder does not have their act together on this promotion.
Hope that this helpful to others that also receive an email stating that a trade is required to receive the $50 Bonus.

My wife and I both got the same two conflicting emails. Bait and switch!

I received an identical email to SFpuppy. Any advice on this?

Johnnybs would you mind posting the gist of your email and where you sent it? I think I want something in writing just in case.

Cheers

Sammich said: I received an identical email to SFpuppy. Any advice on this?

Johnnybs would you mind posting the gist of your email and where you sent it? I think I want something in writing just in case.

Cheers

I replied to directly to the E-mail I received from ING(customerservice@sharebuilder.com)about having to buy a share of stock (I made sure the original message from them was in the body) Also, it couldn't hurt to attach a copy of the promotion you applied under. I didn't do it, but was ready in case the csr denied my case, but they agreed with me. The following is what I replied with:

"To whom it may concern,

I received the following E-mail about buying one share of stock before I receive the $50 promotion for opening and funding a Sharebuilder account. The requirement to do that wasn't stated in the Terms and Conditions of the offer page.

The requirement made in the offer page in order to receive the bonus only was to deposit $50 into the account before 9/15/2009.

Therefore, I believe that I shouldn't have to purchase any shares in order to receive my bonus. Please let me know if this is the case.

Thank you for taking the time to consider my position.

Johnnybs"

Here is the reply I got:

"Hi Johnnybs,

Thank you for emailing ShareBuilder Customer Service about the 50ELECTRIC account promotion. You are correct that all you needed to do was deposit $50 into the account to receive the promotional bonus. Most ShareBuilder promotions require a trade to be made first, but this promotion is an exception. You will receive the $50 account bonus approximately four to six weeks from the date of your first $50 deposit.

We appreciate the opportunity to help you with your investment needs. If you would like to follow up on this, please reference inquiry number 3091394. We also have a great search tool that can help you find answers to any additional questions you may have about ShareBuilder.

Sincerely,

Mychael Mulhern
Customer Service
ShareBuilder from ING DIRECT"

Has the expiration date of 9/15 to open the account been extended? I clicked on the link and it still has the offer and nowhere in the terms and conditions of the $50 bonus offer can I find any offer expiration date listed? Is this offer still active? Seems like an easy way to score $50 for only depositing $50.

Thank you Johnnybs. Just what I was after.

Cheers

MrVietnam said: Has the expiration date of 9/15 to open the account been extended? I clicked on the link and it still has the offer and nowhere in the terms and conditions of the $50 bonus offer can I find any offer expiration date listed? Is this offer still active? Seems like an easy way to score $50 for only depositing $50.
I would also like to know.

Ditto, anybody know if this has been extended?

what are the options for funding thru this offer? Must it be at the ING electriorange or an ING linked external account? can it be from an entirely different external bank or as a purcahse on a creditcard? thx

I used an entirely different external bank.

Cheers

zjts said: what are the options for funding thru this offer? Must it be at the ING electriorange or an ING linked external account? can it be from an entirely different external bank or as a purcahse on a creditcard? thx

No credit card- either ING account or external bank account. You can link it to your ING electric orange account. Also, you can get bonus money ($50 I believe) for opening an ING account with a referral from someone who has an account.

Just received this email regarding placing a trade to activate bonus. Thanks again to Johnnybs for the assistance. No trade necessary, easy $50.

Dear Sammich,

You have met the requirements of the ShareBuilder promotion and will receive your $50 Account Bonus within 4-6 weeks.

If you have any questions, please contact us at 800-747-2537 or by email at customerservice@sharebuilder.com.

Sincerely,

The ShareBuilder Team

BhartiShah said: MrVietnam said: Has the expiration date of 9/15 to open the account been extended? I clicked on the link and it still has the offer and nowhere in the terms and conditions of the $50 bonus offer can I find any offer expiration date listed? Is this offer still active? Seems like an easy way to score $50 for only depositing $50.
I would also like to know.

Just received this email
"Thank you for your email regarding our $50 account promotion. I'd be happy to assist you.

To qualify for this promotion, you will need to open an account by 10/1/2009 and deposit at least $50 into it before 11/15/2009. Please be sure to use the same promotional link that you included in your email when opening your ShareBuilder account."

I think they've caught on to us. I opened the account this morning, funded from Electric Orange, and just got this email:

Dear Xxxxx,

Thank you for opening your 0 account. To receive your $50 Account Bonus, all you need to do is purchase a stock or ETF in either your Automatic Investment Plan or through a real-time trade by 11/15/2009. If you have not set up your investment plan or real-time trade yet, get started today.

If you have any questions, please contact us at 800-747-2537 or by email at customerservice@sharebuilder.com. For your reference, your Promotion Code is 50ELECTRIC.

Sincerely,

The ShareBuilder Team

Swivelguy said: I think they've caught on to us. I opened the account this morning, funded from Electric Orange, and just got this email:

Dear Xxxxx,

Thank you for opening your 0 account. To receive your $50 Account Bonus, all you need to do is purchase a stock or ETF in either your Automatic Investment Plan or through a real-time trade by 11/15/2009. If you have not set up your investment plan or real-time trade yet, get started today.

If you have any questions, please contact us at 800-747-2537 or by email at customerservice@sharebuilder.com. For your reference, your Promotion Code is 50ELECTRIC.

Sincerely,

The ShareBuilder Team

We are not doing anything wrong. Just email them informing that T&C didn't mention any purchase. They will confirm that you are eligible for promotion. I received reply from them this morning.

We don't have to be doing anything wrong for them to change the rules of the game on us. "ShareBuilder reserves the right to terminate this offer at any time," and so forth.

I'll give emailing them a shot.

I suggest capturing the webpage that specifies the Terms & Conditions of the offer at the time that you are applying for that offer. Save it as a PDF file onto your hard disk & print later if & when needed to substantiate your claim.

New email today:

Dear Xxxxx,

Go figure. I didn't do anything; they just contradicted themselves.

I also did this, they told me that it was a voucher that was purchased by another sharebuilder member and that I did not qualify. I founght with them for almost a year, they keep refusing me.

Data point. Just got this E-mail and the $50 in my account:

Promotion Fulfillment

Dear johnnybs,

Thank you for participating in our promotion. We have just credited your ShareBuilder Account.

You can invest this extra money in your Money Market Cash Balance by modifying your Automatic Investment Plan. Within the Automatic Investing Plan page click on the link to change Funding Source; then select the “Money Market Cash Balance” option. Be sure that the total investment amount is not more than the available cash balance in your account.

To invest with your Automatic Investment Plan, visit the Trade tab, click on Automatic Investing and select Edit Status.

Sincerely,

The ShareBuilder Team

Thanks for the update johnnybs. It looks like it took about a month start to finish? Now you need to wait another 45 days to withdraw is that correct? Please keep us updated as once again I am a couple steps behind you

Cheers

Sammich said: Thanks for the update johnnybs. It looks like it took about a month start to finish? Now you need to wait another 45 days to withdraw is that correct? Please keep us updated as once again I am a couple steps behind you

Cheers

Hmm...the T&C state 90 days before withdrawal, and 45 days for the promotional funds to be deposited, so I suppose you are correct. Here is a snapshot of my account from the withdrawal page, which shows further proof:

Money Market Cash Balance $100.00
Maximum Available to Request $100.00
Promotional Funds not Cleared -$50.00
Deposits not Cleared -$50.00
Available to Request Today $0.00

I'll check the account in another week or so and see if I can't get the money out earlier. At least I am half way there.

Just got my confirmation email today.

Promotion Fulfillment

Dear Sammich,

Thank you for participating in our promotion. We have just credited your ShareBuilder Account. Etc...

My withdraw page looks like so...

Money Market Cash Balance $100.00
Maximum Available to Request $100.00
Promotional Funds not Cleared -$50.00
Available to Request Today $50.00

I guess my question is can I withdraw this $50 without penalty? Or is it safer to just leave it alone until I can grab it all? Id hate to make a bone head move now and negate all my hard work. Thanks!

Skipping 36 Messages...
Get a $50 Bonus
Visit www.ingdirect.com/zerofees to learn more about how to earn a $50 bonus with your Electric Orange. Don't forget to enter Reference Code EM457 to be eligible for the $50.

Just posting for a current code.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014