• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
i got something in the mail with a different code INVESTING, expiration 11/15/09. in the fine print there is a blurb that sharebuilder can refuse the promotion award if it was obtained wrongfully. i assume that means it is targeted and they will refuse to give you the cash.

New code expiring by 12/15/2009 "INVESTNOW".

dacii said: New code expiring by 12/15/2009 "INVESTNOW".

Used this code yesterday and my confirmation email indicated I had to meet the requirements by 4/15/10.

I recieved my $50 bonus on Thursday, which was about a month's time since I opened it.

So according to my calculations today is day 45 of my waiting period and my cash is still locked up. I guess Ill try it again Monday.

Has anyone had luck in getting the $50 bonus without making a trade? I opened the account on Sept 21, received the $50 bonus on Oct 21 and as of today, over 60 days later, still show $50 in Promotional Funds not Cleared.

master44 said: Has anyone had luck in getting the $50 bonus without making a trade? I opened the account on Sept 21, received the $50 bonus on Oct 21 and as of today, over 60 days later, still show $50 in Promotional Funds not Cleared.

The $50 matching bonus from ShareBuilder is not available for withdrawal for 90 days after it is awarded to your account. So in your situation, you shouldn't be able to withdrawal it until around Jan. 21 2010.

Sammich said: So according to my calculations today is day 45 of my waiting period and my cash is still locked up. I guess Ill try it again Monday.

When did you receive the bonus in your account? There is a 90 hold on withdrawing the money after it has been deposited in your account. I should be eligible to withdrawal my bonus by this coming Tuesday- I'll keep you posted on the outcome.

I see so many people in this thread with no intention at all of actually using this account. Simply stealing from ING. The fact that ING did not prevent you from taking advantage of them does not negate the fact that you are being unscrupulous. So eager to get handed your free money and then withdraw/close account as soon as you're able. Have you any decency?

It would be a good gesture to at least give their services a try.

Aceshigh said: I see so many people in this thread with no intention at all of actually using this account. Simply stealing from ING. The fact that ING did not prevent you from taking advantage of them does not negate the fact that you are being unscrupulous. So eager to get handed your free money and then withdraw/close account as soon as you're able. Have you any decency?

It would be a good gesture to at least give their services a try.

Obviously their fees will be too high since they are giving away so much money. Actually using their services would therefore result in ING stealing much more money from you. It is true that cheese is only put out if a reasonable number of mice do more than lick off the cheese, so thank you for your sacrifice.

Speaking of licking cheese....

Sharebuilder has extended their Costco members bonus ($90 executive, $70 gold star and business) till 2/28/10. Must make stock purchase by 4/1/10.

Link

Just an FYI. I received my bonus on 9/28 and it is available today (12/26) for withdrawal (exactly 90 days).

Another Link

You must open a new account with ShareBuilder and deposit at least $50 to be eligible for this promotion. Initial deposit must be completed by 12/31/09. ShareBuilder will deposit a $50 bonus approximately 4-6 weeks after your first $50 deposit. The $50 bonus offer is available for Individual, Joint and Custodial accounts only. The $50 bonus from ShareBuilder is not available for withdrawal for 90 days after it is awarded to your account.

Here is the code for January:

"$50 account bonus
For a limited time, we'll even give you a $50 account bonus to get started. Just open a new ShareBuilder account using the promotion code JAN50 and deposit $50 or more before 1/27/2010. Within 45 days you will see a $50 bonus in your newly opened account."

Just as a heads up a year ago I had opened the account, but never bothered to fund etc. 2 months ago got an email saying to deposit $25 and get $50 no trade required. It just posted today (50 days from the day I funded).

YMMV, but it worked out well for me.

I had signed up for this and gotten paid last year, will I get a 1099 form or something similar for this?

I am ready to finish off my taxes but havent received anything yet.

OFFascist said: I had signed up for this and gotten paid last year, will I get a 1099 form or something similar for this?

I am ready to finish off my taxes but havent received anything yet.

The 1099-B I received from Sharebuilder (which monstrosity includes a 1099-DIV, 1099-INT, 1099-MISC, etc.) does not have the $50.00 anywhere on it. Has anyone else experienced the same or had the $50.00 bonus reported?

Anyone have a code for February?

image (79.83kB)
Disclaimer
mindbowels said: Anyone have a code for February?FEBEO
linky

Can anyone confirm if there is a hard pull for opening the Sharebuilder account?

You rock jackcrawfish, many thanks.

Code expiring 3/31/10: AFFORDABLE

Anybody know what the current interest rate is when you put your money in the ShareBuilder money market savings?

MrVietnam said: Anybody know what the current interest rate is when you put your money in the ShareBuilder money market savings?

It looks like they're paying 0%. Sweet deal!

Many money market funds pay 0% or 0.01% these days.

I already got my bonus. I opened my account Jan. 19 and it was funded Jan. 21. It only took a month to get my bonus and Sharebuilder kept me informed of my status. It's probably the easiest and fastest bonus I've received!

is everyone else just transferring the $50 to the ing savings account then closing the sharebuilder? thats what i am planning on doing.

Searched Google for 'Sharebuilder $50'

The top sponsored link was from Sharebuilder and offered $50 bonus and free 6 months of Motley Fool:

Promo code was: FOOL50

Wish I had seen that before signing up Would have liked to have had Motley Fool for 6 mo.

wuhoo said: is everyone else just transferring the $50 to the ing savings account then closing the sharebuilder? thats what i am planning on doing.

They put a hold on the $50 for three months so I'm investing it. I bought three shares of Ford and I've already made $2.61 profit!

caterpillar123 said: wuhoo said: is everyone else just transferring the $50 to the ing savings account then closing the sharebuilder? thats what i am planning on doing.

They put a hold on the $50 for three months so I'm investing it. I bought three shares of Ford and I've already made $2.61 profit!

Don't you have to pay their fee for a trade?

WombRaider said: caterpillar123 said: wuhoo said: is everyone else just transferring the $50 to the ing savings account then closing the sharebuilder? thats what i am planning on doing.

Not if you use the promotion from this thread.

caterpillar123 said: WombRaider said: caterpillar123 said: wuhoo said: is everyone else just transferring the $50 to the ing savings account then closing the sharebuilder? thats what i am planning on doing.

Not if you use the promotion from this thread.

Man i missed out. Thanks though! Oh well I'll just sit back and wait for my fiddy.

How often can you do these?

Also, be careful with IP address and calling in. They save all that.

get 5 free real time trades.... ripped from brightpolaris on sd

"Sharebuilder- 5 Free Real Time Trade credits
Checked the SD, didn't see anything posted. Received a card in the mail, If you enter the HVC09NY code in promotions, you will receive credit for 5 FREE real time trades, trade credit expires 07/10, good luck"

though my five trades expire on 8/1

Steps on how to claim your 5 free real time trades

1. Sign in to your Sharebuilder.com account
2. Click on Accounts Overview tab - Promotions
3. Enter Promo code - HVC09NY

Get a $50 Bonus
Visit www.ingdirect.com/zerofees to learn more about how to earn a $50 bonus with your Electric Orange. Don't forget to enter Reference Code EM457 to be eligible for the $50.

Just posting for a current code.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014