• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Marquette Bank said: What’s better than a no-hassle checking account that gives you everything you want for FREE? One that gives you free rewards just for using it. When you sign up for a Marquette Totally Free Checking account, we’ll give you $25 in gift cards.We’ll also give you $50 more in gift cards if you activate one or more of the following: 1) Online Statements, 2) Online Bill Payment, or 3) establish a Direct Deposit with your new personal checking account. That’s $75 in rewards just for signing up!

Actual Ad: http://www.emarquettebank.com/offers_checking.pdf

Where to sign up: http://www.emarquettebank.com/personal_checking_free.cfm

Note: $10 minimum to open the account. $25 Gift Card for opening the account and another $50 Gift Card if you sign up to receive Online Statements. $50 gift card will be received after 60 days of initiating the Online Statement feature.

If orginal link does not work try this link: http://www.emarquettebank.com/open_notice.cfm

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
Applied 8/31 from Maryland. Just received $25 GC in the mail today. Thanks OP

cindyc33 (Sep. 23, 2009 @ 8:42p) |

So far I have an account, Checks and $10 taken from my account but no GC. I asked to be put into estatements when the r... (more)

DamnoIT (Sep. 28, 2009 @ 4:04p) |

Hard pull from Transunion!

cindyc33 (Oct. 01, 2009 @ 6:20p) |

Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Second link to open account not working.

I fixed it in the OP.

LawrenceofArabia said: I fixed it in the OP.
I am unable to go beyond this page, the actual form is not opening after the notice.

Looks like a hard pull according to Ken at Bankdeals. Also might be YMMV because it requires approval by a branch manager. Anyone confirm this?

http://bankdeals.blogspot.com/2009/03/3-mma-90-day-promotion-75-checking.html

and Chicago only...

craig10x said: and Chicago only...

I had no problem opening the account, where does it state the promotion is for chicago residents only?

Is this offer still good? I read "90 day promotion" on their offer page, and the date of posting there is March 13, 2009!

Jaydeep

I've never done one of these gift card deals before. Am I correct in assuming that the bank issues a 1099 for the face value of the GCs?

LawrenceofArabia said: craig10x said: and Chicago only...

I had no problem opening the account, where does it state the promotion is for chicago residents only?

That's what the bankdeals blog stated....

correction...yes i see they now have an online application...and it just says applicants must be u.s. residents, so i guess you can be out of Chicago...

I had no trouble in opening the account and receiving the GCs and I live in Michigan. The GCs actually came about a week later after fulfilling the requirements! $10 deposit for $75 in GCs was one of the quickest $75 I have made from a bank deal! (I did the offer about 2 months ago)

so what are the gotchas?

Was there a hard pull to open the account?

Gave it a shot - thanks!

Credituser said: Was there a hard pull to open the account?

Not for me.

well, won't let me do one from california online...

I was able to apply from NY.

Data point: Offer withdrawn, CSR claims that the offer is NO longer valid, when I complained and said the offer is still on the website, CSR claims that the offer was withdrawn on Friday and the website company was told to take down the offer. She also claimed that several other people had called about this deal. Attached is a copy of the website with the offer and a date/time stamp on the bottom. For those who got in, hope you get your Gift cards, but be prepared for a fight with a good paper trail! Link to website PDF

--Found the PDF link in the comments, THKS--

Apparently everyone that was signed up by August 31st, 2009 will be eligible for the Gift Cards according to the customer service representative I spoke to. She stated they no longer have the offer and they are overwhelmed with the response, I laughed to myself knowing it was the result of the FW effect.

I withdrew my application. I didn't want to deal with the hassle of fighting with a local bank if/when I never got my gift cards. Good luck!

Was called today to request a copy of my drivers license. A friendly CSR gave me the address and aked me what I would like for the $25 GC for opening and then told me there was a $50 for dd, billpay or estatements. I took the estatements and said to make all the GC mastercards . Works good for me.

Banner is still on http://www.emarquettebank.com/ if you hit reload a few times it pops up. I signed up and they are trying to renege on it. I understand limited offer time, etc etc. but if you are still advertising it you should still have to offer it.

If it ended 2 days ago, they've had plenty of time to replace that banner.

I'm on hold now, trying to get it honored.

I don't understand how they can advertise something, and when you open the account by clicking that advertisement, they stand stand on the fact that they can revise or end the offer at any time.

What's to stop them from saying it ended a month ago, for that matter?

BBB Complaint filed.

Don't advertise it if you aren't going to honor it.

Thanks Lawrence. For s & g's I applied as my residence is Louisiana. I'm completely confirmed as my ach from supply bank cleared after verifying 2 small deposits where Marquette immediately takes a debit of those 2 amts so your net effect is 0. They asked me to fax a copy of my driver's license in after I faxed the signature card in...but that driver's license thing was the only somewhat unusual or lil extra step in the process. Basically I was approved and confirmed for the promotion as quickly as if I lived in Illinois itself. So my advice is for anyone to apply as this is definitely not restricted to Illini country much less the greater Chi area.

The previous poster may be right that it ended at close of business on Friday, August 31st. I did my app that morning so maybe that's why I received confirmation that I will be receiving a $25 GC with a mastercard logo. Their customer svc is pretty knowledgeable and autonomous (vs. a Citi or Wells for example) and seems like they could escalate an exception/concession if the banner was still up into the week of 9/3/09.

I got rejected. reason credit report!! MY FICO 805!!

They use Chexsystems for credit report!

I received my $75 MC Gift Cards with this promotion earlier this year, 2009. However, to satisfy my curiousity about this offer now, I called Marquette Bank & the CSR told me that the bank made changes on this promotion as of Sept 1st, 2009. This promotion now is only available to ILLINOIS Residents and the account must be opened in a Bank Branch or by telephone.
I informed the CSR that the bank has the right to change their promotional requirements, however that the bank also has the responsibility to change their "fine print" on their promotional webpage to reflect these changes so that we, as potential customer, do not have out time wasted nor do we have to waste the time of Marquette Bank's employees when we call them for clarification.
Hope that this is helpful to those considering this promotion, and helpful in easing the consternation of those already denied this promotion.

Applied 8/31 from Maryland. Just received $25 GC in the mail today. Thanks OP

So far I have an account, Checks and $10 taken from my account but no GC. I asked to be put into estatements when the rep contacted me about it.

Hard pull from Transunion!

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014