• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Cheapoking said: How does one goes by requesting this IDA Report?

AA from US Bank for me as well based solely on it.
See QS here

also posted below:

Q== How do I order a free report?
A== Send written request to ADVANCED RESOLUTION SERVICES, INC. 6111 Oak Tree Blvd., Suite 400 Independence, OH 44131 or fax (216-615-7604). Must include drivers license, full name, address, social security number

ARS CONSUMER REPORT REQUEST FORM 

Please send me a copy of my Advanced Resolution Services (ARS) consumer report, which discloses all
of the information in your files associated with my Social Security number.

Consumer Information
Full Name
Social Security Number
Street Address Apt. # _ 
City __ , State ZIP _ 
Telephone: Residence Business _ 

Enclosures 
Copies of the following documents are required for processing of your request for your ARS consumer report:

Proof of Identity (Choose one, and check the box for the document you selected.) 
[ ] Driver's License
[ ] State-issued Identification Card 
[ ] Medicare Health Insurance Card 
[ ] NUMI Form (Third Party Disclosure signed and dated by your local Social Security Administration office) 

Your signature 

Date

Note: To protect your personal information, your ARS consumer report cannot be provided without
your signature and all of the requested information.
ConsumerReportRequestForm.doc 1106

Thanks. I'm going to request it and see what type of information is on it, verify it and take it from there. Does anyone here have any experiences as far as what information is on these type of reports?

I do not have/should not have any derogatory information, of that am sure; however, will wait to see what this so called consumer report has to say about me that scared the hell out of a FI..? Will update accordingly.

Received the report today. Nothing there spectacular other than a list of inquiries from the last two years. US Bank very touchy about inquiries.

bump

ilikebtmoney said: I will be ordering my reports and freezing (if possible) these companies today as I am concerned about the "delinquency history" figuring I've never been late with anything, ever.crawsfire reported on March 24, 2010 that it is possible to freeze your ARS file.

EugeneV had problems obtaining approval from USBank. Likely the cause of denial was related to IDA and/or ICS.

For those interested in freezing their ICS credit files.....

Creditmonitor2010 reported on creditboards that "Lakeside Information Resources and Advanced Resolution Services need to be frozen separately" (the source for Creditmonitor2010's information can be found here)

ARS = VISA applications
LIR = M/C applications

In 1997 Hearing on Financial Instruments Fraud there was Prepared Testimony of Mr. Dennis Brosan (the Security Director of VISA USA, Incorporated). From link here the following:

Issuers' Clearinghouse Service (ICS) is "a bank card application verification system shared by Visa with MasterCard. ICS verifies an applicant's address, phone and Social Security numbers, and whether he or she has a history of excessive applications or credit card fraud or abuse. ICS is a mandated service for U.S. card issuers that are Visa members.
I plan to freeze my file and attempt another USBank application while my files are frozen. I'll report back my results.

Thanks for keeping us posted Jackcrawfish. I was denied US Bank just a few weeks ago with reason "the combination of ssn and other data is associated with suspected fraud."

I obtained a copy of my ARS report and there was nothing out of the ordinary (other than what I presume was an excessive amount of applications leading to the above conclusion.) I plan to freeze mine as well...

whoDean said: I was declined by US Bank citing same reason but just yesterday received teh card with a $10,000 CL.

That happened to me too. I was sent a denial letter from US Bank. The next day I got the credit card (I was denied for) in the mail with a credit limit of 23.5k. Makes no sense whatsoever.

Cheapoking said: Received the report today. Nothing there spectacular other than a list of inquiries from the last two years. US Bank very touchy about inquiries.

very touchy about hard inquiries only, correct? Are card issuers ever touchy about soft inquiries? From what I understand nobody except you can see the soft inquiries on your credit reports. But this IDA report is a totally different report; does the IDA report expose soft inquiries to the scrutiny of card issuers? And if so, does it matter?

TrueValue said: Cheapoking said: Received the report today. Nothing there spectacular other than a list of inquiries from the last two years. US Bank very touchy about inquiries.

very touchy about hard inquiries only, correct? Are card issuers ever touchy about soft inquiries? From what I understand nobody except you can see the soft inquiries on your credit reports. But this IDA report is a totally different report; does the IDA report expose soft inquiries to the scrutiny of card issuers? And if so, does it matter?
In the 12 months prior to obtaining her IDA report, MrsJ had applied 30+ times for credit (hard inquiries). She had pulled her report via credit monitoring services at least 150+ times during those 12 months (soft inquiries). On her October 2009 IDA report, the only information showing were two (2) applications for credit.

See details from earlier post here

jackcrawfish said: TrueValue said: Cheapoking said: Received the report today. Nothing there spectacular other than a list of inquiries from the last two years. US Bank very touchy about inquiries.

In the 12 months prior to obtaining her IDA report, MrsJ had applied 30+ times for credit (hard inquiries). She had pulled her report via credit monitoring services at least 150+ times during those 12 months (soft inquiries). On her October 2009 IDA report, the only information showing were two (2) applications for credit.

See details from earlier post here

thanks for the info Jack. I'm reading the thread you refer to but I still don't understand why she only had 2 apps for credit on her IDA report. What happened to the other 28+ hard inquiries, why weren't they on there?

Also, ARS is the company that manages IDA reports, correct? Or is there something called an ARS report which is totally different than an IDA report? Thanks again.

... understand why she only had 2 apps for credit on her IDA report. What happened to the other 28+ hard inquiries, why weren't they on there? IDA reports only what gets reported to them. USBank and FNBO where the only two organizations that reported stuff related to my DW.Also, ARS is the company that manages IDA reports, correct? Or is there something called an ARS report which is totally different than an IDA report? Thanks again.IDA is entirely separate from ARS. ARS and LIR both handle requests for your ICS report. (is that enough acronyms for you?)

TrueValue said: Cheapoking said: Received the report today. Nothing there spectacular other than a list of inquiries from the last two years. US Bank very touchy about inquiries.

Hard inquiries are a closed door between US Bank and consumers. They will even push it further in to create a tight seal. Man those guys do not play with hard inquiries.... just sayi'n

jackcrawfish said: For those interested in freezing their ICS credit files.....

Creditmonitor2010 reported on creditboards that "Lakeside Information Resources and Advanced Resolution Services need to be frozen separately" (the source for Creditmonitor2010's information can be found here)

ARS = VISA applications
LIR = M/C applications

In 1997 Hearing on Financial Instruments Fraud there was Prepared Testimony of Mr. Dennis Brosan (the Security Director of VISA USA, Incorporated). From link here the following:

Issuers' Clearinghouse Service (ICS) is "a bank card application verification system shared by Visa with MasterCard. ICS verifies an applicant's address, phone and Social Security numbers, and whether he or she has a history of excessive applications or credit card fraud or abuse. ICS is a mandated service for U.S. card issuers that are Visa members.
I plan to freeze my file and attempt another USBank application while my files are frozen. I'll report back my results.
I finally decided to freeze my file. I sent the request to ARS and received the attached pdf as a confirmation with pin number. I'll probably apply for one of those USBank credit cards soon....

more to come...

Is the theory here that freezing ICS has no negative effect on credit card applications?

Just reporting back my data points on freezing ARS - both my wife and I always got denied by US Bank over the last couple years for what was obviously due to ARS.

After we froze my wife's ARS she then got an instant approval on her first try for a Linux card
After we froze mine, I got denied - but it was at least a more conventional reason due to Experian (excessive inquiries) and no longer due to ARS information.

So in my experience freezing ARS can only have a positive effect at least for US Bank applications.

A follow up question, has anyone experienced denial due to ARS by any bank other than US Bank?

dl73 said: Just reporting back my data points on freezing ARS - both my wife and I always got denied by US Bank over the last couple years for what was obviously due to ARS.

After we froze my wife's ARS she then got an instant approval on her first try for a Linux card
After we froze mine, I got denied - but it was at least a more conventional reason due to Experian (excessive inquiries) and no longer due to ARS information.

So in my experience freezing ARS can only have a positive effect at least for US Bank applications.
That's excellent news.

Your wife's experience is exactly what I am hoping for.

Corndogg said: A follow up question, has anyone experienced denial due to ARS by any bank other than US Bank?FNBO (First National Bank of Omaha)

From archived ICS thread:

Alcibiades said:
FNBO has denied CC applications and mentioned excess ICS inquiries as a reason. Not the only reason, but ICS was listed as a reason.

Any and all MC and VISA applications (within the last year it seems) from the same address are collected. Bumping all your AOR inquiries from TU and EQ will not avoid this.
jevon909 said:
Also denied for FNBO's new card b/c of ICS though originally approved.

Corndogg said: A follow up question, has anyone experienced denial due to ARS by any bank other than US Bank?Not I know of, this is after a denial by US Bank for the REI card.

I'm still not certain if this is to the agency or US Bank. When I finally reached a US Bank Rep, he agreed with me that there is no negative info in the report yet can't explaine the "possible fraud" line in my denial letter. I only applied for the REI card after a snail mail invitation too. I was so pissed I thought about writing REI urging them to terminate their relationship with US bank.

as an aside, I got instant approval for 2 Citi card just a few weeks ago.

I got the same bs denial from US Bank for their Flexperks travel rewards card deal recently posted here on FW.

The US bank card reps had no idea why I was denied but told me to staighten out my info with their goon contracted agencies IDA and ARS. I faxed my request for consumer file letter to both these third parties, including copies of my DL and utility bills, etc as they required. IDA never sent requested report. ARS did but it had no adverse data, so no correction needed.

I called back US Bank and they said they could do nothing nor could they define my problem data.
I told them I recently opened a checking account with them (for the $150 bonus) and they accepted me there but not now???

Oh well, I guess they don't give a s***.
Oh well, I guess I will cancel by new checking account one day after the 6 month $25 early cancel fee period expires.

Goodby, lame US Bank!!!

I finally got both credit reports.

IDA appears to be a service for credit card application similar to what Chexsytems is for bank accounts.
Both of these have their own secret formula for evaluating what an excessive amount of applications are and then declaring an 'alert' on that person making an application.

Apparently, my application had an alert declared to US Bank.
Pretty weird since I had only applied for 2 other cards in the last 2 years.
I did see that US Bank pulled my IDA report twice in the same day...maybe that counted as 2 applications???

I guess IDA gets its jollies by declaring 'alerts' on almost every applicant, according to this thread.
And possibly US Bank later manually evaluates most 'alert' applicatants and sends a new cc to some of them?

Had the same problem here. Got denied an invited REI card by US Bank, for:
- Numerous recent applications using this home phone number
A vague reason, since I just got my cell phone number 6 months ago and only had two or three applications using this number as my home phone number.
I am not sure whether my actions were causing the problem or the credit history of previous owners were. Any ideas?
Called US Bank and they asked me to contact IDA. I am going to send a request to IDA now.
I am a REI member and have a lot of purchases at REI. Very disappointed to be declined from an invited offer. US Bank sucks!
Also wonder how I can contact REI for advising them to terminate relationship with US Bank, thanks!

IDA may consider 3 or 4 applications in 6 months to be excessive. US Bank has been using IDA for years; I guess they are satisfied customers.

bump

jackcrawfish said:   dl73 said: Just reporting back my data points on freezing ARS - both my wife and I always got denied by US Bank over the last couple years for what was obviously due to ARS.

That's excellent news.

Your wife's experience is exactly what I am hoping for.

is this still the case?

any more confirmed updates on whether freezing ARS, IDA, and ICS is a cure for adverse action, or are you likely to get denied due to the freeze?

IDA is a factor in my recent AA by sprint (just signed up for new service). they say i have to set up autopay or pay a $5/mo fee to have a spending limit on my acct. they also pulled EQ, which still has a derog. account on it, so it's not just IDA in my case.

"A My ID Score of 584 indicates a MODERATE risk of identity fraud."

hirenrp said:   "A My ID Score of 584 indicates a MODERATE risk of identity fraud."

I wonder how they calculate that risk. I guess a flurry of credit apps in a short period of time would be a red flag but I wonder what else they look at, and if this ID score plays a role in whether a credit card app is approved for you. Would be nice to have a good idea ahead of time if you will be approved in order to avoid an unnecessary hard pull ding to your report

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014