QUICK LINKS
MY ACCOUNT
Cash Pending:
Cash Available:
Payment Requested:
Payment Processed:
Lifetime Cash Back:

get $50 from HSBC for opening a payment account and make 3 purchases with MC Debit card

First page
1 of 6
Squeezer99
9/10/09 12:53 PM
http://www.hsbcdirect.com/1/2/1/mkt/opabonus?code=ema0000558&wt....

Experience the convenience of an HSBC Direct Online Payment Account. When you open an Online Payment Account and make three eligible purchase transactions with your new HSBC Debit MasterCard® with PayPass™, you will get a $50 bonus†† deposited right into your Online Payment Account.

Open an Online Payment Account today. It only takes a few clicks. Remember, the three eligible purchase transactions must be made by October 31, 2009.

Sincerely,
Your Online Savings Team

Open a new Online Payment Account by September 30, 2009
Use the HSBC Debit MasterCard® with PayPass™ for three eligible purchase transactions
Receive a $50 bonus reward††
WikiPost
9/10/09 12:53 PM
Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
Glitch99
9/10/09 1:11 PM
The fine print said:

To be eligible you must have been an existing HSBC Direct Online Savings Account customer as of September 8, 2009

subieaggie
9/10/09 1:24 PM
Thanks OP!
xoneinax
9/10/09 1:37 PM
Hmm, a Debit card for use with a Savings Account. Be careful of Reg D

EDIT : You open a new "account" (a payment account) and then fund with transfers from your HSBC Direct Online Savings account. Interesting
johnnyull
9/10/09 1:48 PM
I've officially seen it all. HSBC starts a deal floating around on the 9th or 10th saying (in fine print) you must have had a savings account opened not but 1 or 2 days earlier to avail yourself of the $50 bonus lol! Ultimately it's to entice people to open up a savings account now and hope they get in on the next round of $50 promotion which will probably be in 2011 if the Central Bank of England keeps pumping taxpayer monies into their welfare coffer. At that point you've had a meaningless savings account opened which will probably go into "dormant" status as this is not a bank that you add deposits to; you basically forget about it as this one night stand that cost you a lousy $100 to open. I'm actually offended at this London based bank thinking once again that the redcoats were born with a bigger pot to p*ss in than the "lazy and stupid Americans"! God save the Queen mumzy and Charlie's ears to boot.
chryslerguy
9/10/09 3:28 PM
I almost forgot what a PAIN it is to logon to HSBC's site...Grrr! Maybe they can add some digits to the customer ID? Don't forget that one password isn't enough, gotta have two!
skwiggey
9/10/09 6:13 PM
mmm...McDebit card. Tasty!
mh83
9/10/09 10:54 PM
johnnyull said:

I've officially seen it all. HSBC starts a deal floating around on the 9th or 10th saying (in fine print) you must have had a savings account opened not but 1 or 2 days earlier to avail yourself of the $50 bonus lol! Ultimately it's to entice people to open up a savings account now and hope they get in on the next round of $50 promotion which will probably be in 2011 if the Central Bank of England keeps pumping taxpayer monies into their welfare coffer. At that point you've had a meaningless savings account opened which will probably go into "dormant" status as this is not a bank that you add deposits to; you basically forget about it as this one night stand that cost you a lousy $100 to open. I'm actually offended at this London based bank thinking once again that the redcoats were born with a bigger pot to p*ss in than the "lazy and stupid Americans"! God save the Queen mumzy and Charlie's ears to boot.

What on earth are you talking about? The offer is aimed at existing HSBC Online Savings Account holders like me that never bothered to open the Online Payment Account. I don’t see anything sinister about the deal.

HSBC is a convenient B&M bank for me. There are branches everywhere in NYC. I’ve had the HSBC Online Savings account since it was introduced a couple of years ago. I use the account regularly along with my other HSBC accounts. I had no need for the Online Payment Account because I have a regular HSBC checking account.

I don’t know what you’re thinking but there’s nothing out of the ordinary about the offer.
flyingtwopigs
9/11/09 12:41 AM
similar deal before, but only $25, and I already closed my payment account more than one year ago

jumped anyway, will see if I get this $50
First page
1 of 6
Please select a reason for your RED vote:

You may be contacted via Private Message during the investigation of this issue.