• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
http://www.hsbcdirect.com/1/2/1/mkt/opabonus?code=ema0000558&wt....

Experience the convenience of an HSBC Direct Online Payment Account. When you open an Online Payment Account and make three eligible purchase transactions with your new HSBC Debit MasterCard® with PayPass™, you will get a $50 bonus†† deposited right into your Online Payment Account.

Open an Online Payment Account today. It only takes a few clicks. Remember, the three eligible purchase transactions must be made by October 31, 2009.

Sincerely,
Your Online Savings Team

Open a new Online Payment Account by September 30, 2009
Use the HSBC Debit MasterCard® with PayPass™ for three eligible purchase transactions
Receive a $50 bonus reward††

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
$50 credited today.

oopsz (Nov. 25, 2009 @ 10:16p) |

my $50 bonus also posted!

Squeezer99 (Nov. 26, 2009 @ 4:21a) |

Just noticed my bonus posted back in November - Thanks op!

fahz (Dec. 08, 2009 @ 10:25a) |

Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.

The fine print said: To be eligible you must have been an existing HSBC Direct Online Savings Account customer as of September 8, 2009

Thanks OP!

Hmm, a Debit card for use with a Savings Account. Be careful of Reg D

EDIT : You open a new "account" (a payment account) and then fund with transfers from your HSBC Direct Online Savings account. Interesting

I've officially seen it all. HSBC starts a deal floating around on the 9th or 10th saying (in fine print) you must have had a savings account opened not but 1 or 2 days earlier to avail yourself of the $50 bonus lol! Ultimately it's to entice people to open up a savings account now and hope they get in on the next round of $50 promotion which will probably be in 2011 if the Central Bank of England keeps pumping taxpayer monies into their welfare coffer. At that point you've had a meaningless savings account opened which will probably go into "dormant" status as this is not a bank that you add deposits to; you basically forget about it as this one night stand that cost you a lousy $100 to open. I'm actually offended at this London based bank thinking once again that the redcoats were born with a bigger pot to p*ss in than the "lazy and stupid Americans"! God save the Queen mumzy and Charlie's ears to boot.

I almost forgot what a PAIN it is to logon to HSBC's site...Grrr! Maybe they can add some digits to the customer ID? Don't forget that one password isn't enough, gotta have two!

mmm...McDebit card. Tasty!

johnnyull said: I've officially seen it all. HSBC starts a deal floating around on the 9th or 10th saying (in fine print) you must have had a savings account opened not but 1 or 2 days earlier to avail yourself of the $50 bonus lol! Ultimately it's to entice people to open up a savings account now and hope they get in on the next round of $50 promotion which will probably be in 2011 if the Central Bank of England keeps pumping taxpayer monies into their welfare coffer. At that point you've had a meaningless savings account opened which will probably go into "dormant" status as this is not a bank that you add deposits to; you basically forget about it as this one night stand that cost you a lousy $100 to open. I'm actually offended at this London based bank thinking once again that the redcoats were born with a bigger pot to p*ss in than the "lazy and stupid Americans"! God save the Queen mumzy and Charlie's ears to boot.
What on earth are you talking about? The offer is aimed at existing HSBC Online Savings Account holders like me that never bothered to open the Online Payment Account. I don’t see anything sinister about the deal.

HSBC is a convenient B&M bank for me. There are branches everywhere in NYC. I’ve had the HSBC Online Savings account since it was introduced a couple of years ago. I use the account regularly along with my other HSBC accounts. I had no need for the Online Payment Account because I have a regular HSBC checking account.

I don’t know what you’re thinking but there’s nothing out of the ordinary about the offer.

similar deal before, but only $25, and I already closed my payment account more than one year ago

jumped anyway, will see if I get this $50

this bank is scum, even in NYC people have been ripped off by untruthful promo rates etc... be careful they are very crafty even with their premier clients

It is asking me to confirm the SSN, there is no mention of a credit checking. Anybody can confirm they will not do a hard pull?

I have a HSBC saving a/c and trying to open the payment a/c just to earn the promo.

$25 fee if account is closed within 6 months.

Account Fees

Edit: Made link clickable.

ThankS OP - Already have a HSBC Online Savings Account never had a HSBC Direct Online Payment Account but for $50 for three transaction - sounds easy enough.

Does this apply to HSBC customers who already have the payment account? Can I open a second payment account to get the bonus? I'm going to try anyway.

When I applied, they said they'd get back to me in a few days.

Is this what they're doing to other applicants?

IrishTomBunny said: When I applied, they said they'd get back to me in a few days.

Signed up last night and got the same message. I bet I will get denied once they realize I have opened and closed 3 checking accounts with them over the years.

montee4 said: IrishTomBunny said: When I applied, they said they'd get back to me in a few days.

Signed up last night and got the same message. I bet I will get denied once they realize I have opened and closed 3 checking accounts with them over the years.

I've had a few hundred in online savings, but no checking with them. Obviously I have a few other checking accounts because of bonuses. It's wait and see I guess.

Any idea on the hard pull just for this a/c, if I already have savings?

Tried calling them, but the wait to get to a real person is horrible..

Yes, when I applied they said it would take 5 business days. I received an acceptance email a day or so later. HSBC is good, I just hate their logon setup. Who could possibly remember all those digits?

chryslerguy said: , I just hate their logon setup. Who could possibly remember all those digits?
It depends on your choice of pw. You can make it very simple to remember.

Hard pull? Soft pull? Chex?

I never got an email, but the bankcard for the new account arrived in the mail yesterday, so I guess I'm in.

Can I fund the new account from a non-HSBC checking account? I only have $1 in my online savings account?

xoneinax said: Hmm, a Debit card for use with a Savings Account. Be careful of Reg D

EDIT : You open a new "account" (a payment account) and then fund with transfers from your HSBC Direct Online Savings account. Interesting

viptext said: Can I fund the new account from a non-HSBC checking account? I only have $1 in my online savings account?

xoneinax said: Hmm, a Debit card for use with a Savings Account. Be careful of Reg D

If you have an external account linked to the savings, you can transfer funds bank to bank to the new payment account.

Can anyone please confirm whether there's a hard inquiry when opening the account? thanks.

caterpillar123 said: Does this apply to HSBC customers who already have the payment account? Can I open a second payment account to get the bonus? I'm going to try anyway.

I'm in the same situation, already have a payment account but I am opening another one anyway. I'll roll the dice.

Question: I already got a HSBC Debit MasterCard with PayPass with my checking account, does this mean I will get another one linking to the payment account?
TIA

MrVIP said: Question: I already got a HSBC Debit MasterCard with PayPass with my checking account, does this mean I will get another one linking to the payment account?
TIA

yes

This whole separate "payment account" seems a bit out there. But I'll take the $50.

when signing up online, was there a place to put the PIN # for the debit card? I got my debit card in the mail but nothing in the paperwork with it contained the PIN.

Squeezer99 said: when signing up online, was there a place to put the PIN # for the debit card? I got my debit card in the mail but nothing in the paperwork with it contained the PIN.

The PIN will show up in snail mail, by itself. You should see it any day now.

depreshun said: Squeezer99 said: when signing up online, was there a place to put the PIN # for the debit card? I got my debit card in the mail but nothing in the paperwork with it contained the PIN.

The PIN will show up in snail mail, by itself. You should see it any day now.

When you get yout PIN# there is a 1-800 number to call if you want to change the PIN. It requires that you enter the "Old PIN" which is the one you receive in the mail.

Don't worry about PIN since PINbase transaction do not count.

adityanm said: Don't worry about PIN since PINbase transaction do not count.

So we're supposed to use it as a credit card for the 3 purchases then?

†† To earn a bonus, you must open an Online Payment Account by September 30,
2009, and make three debit card purchases with your HSBC Debit MasterCard®
with PayPass™ by October 31, 2009. ATM transactions and cash withdrawals do not
qualify. Bonus will be deposited into your Online Payment Account by December 31,
2009. Account adjustment transactions/returns are not considered eligible for this
offer. Transactions from unauthorized card use or made with lost, fraudulent HSBC
Debit MasterCard® with PayPass™ cards are void. To be eligible, you must have
been an existing HSBC Direct Online Savings Account customer as of September 8,
2009. Limit one bonus per household. The $50 bonus will be reported on IRS Form

depreshun said: †† To earn a bonus, you must open an Online Payment Account by September 30,
qualify. Bonus will be deposited into your Online Payment Account by December 31,
2009. Account adjustment transactions/returns are not considered eligible for this
offer. Transactions from unauthorized card use or made with lost, fraudulent HSBC

to me, "debit card purchases" sounds like PIN-based transactions and not credit-based transactions.

Is it just me or does it seem like it takes a long time to get the Debit card?

Mine took 7-10 days

depreshun said: †† To earn a bonus, you must open an Online Payment Account by September 30,

Do online payments not count for these 3 transactions? Do i have to wait for my new debit card to arrive and then make 3 purchases?

Skipping 20 Messages...
Just noticed my bonus posted back in November - Thanks op!

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014