• Page :
  • Text Only
Is there a deadline on this? Sharebuilder requires a statement, which could take up to a month to generate.

couponhed said: Is there a deadline on this? Sharebuilder requires a statement, which could take up to a month to generate.

Best bet is to call Sharebuilder. Why does it take so long to get a statement? If you have an account with Scottrade, you should be able to print it out.

EggplantWizard said: mlayu said: Open an account at Scottrade with $500. Transfer account from Scottrade to Sharebuilder. No cost to close/transfer from Scottrade. $100 profit.

If you don't have an account, you can first open an account at Sharebuilder first through Costco link http://content.sharebuilder.com/mgdcon/jump/partner/costco/lpb20... to get $60 bonus for Executive and $55 bonus for regular Costco member. I'm not sure if these can be combined, but I don't see any restriction.

There is a small cost to this approach, one hard credit pull from scottrade.

I did the $500 OptionsXpress full account transfer offer using Scottrade, and they were a major PITA requiring phone contact where they insistently tried to keep the account, and when told I wanted the transfer done somehow managed to forget all about it and I had to suffer the same nonsense again. I've got a couple of IRAs at Scottrade so maybe they thought I was getting ready to pull my money, and won't be so obtuse if you just open an account to transfer.

Has anybody confimed if this can be in cash or does it have to be stocks?

TDSAX said: Has anybody confimed if this can be in cash or does it have to be stocks?

Cash OK according yo Sharebuilder CSR.

I see this sentence in the T&C:
"ShareBuilder will deposit a $100 bonus into your account after completing a full brokerage transfer of $500 or more from a competing broker"

Does "full brokerage transfer" mean I gotta Xsfer the entirety of what's in my brokerage account from the losing institution? I can't see the form without opening / having a SB account....

Any help welcome. I'd like to jump on this $100, but if I gotta move my entire brokerage account, I'll need to do it a different way....

gw999: Thanx much for the answer below....

I looked into this but opted against doing it due to the closure fee with my current brokerage.

Does "full brokerage transfer" mean I gotta Xsfer the entirety of what's in my brokerage account from the losing institution?
Yes, it has to be the entire account being closed and transferred to ShareBuilder.

Does anyone know if Sharebuilder do hard pull?
According to a CSR last week, no hard pull unless you're opening a margin account. I opened an account last week and can confirm no hard pull occurred.

Here's the ShareBuilder account transfer form.

However, I think , you loose the cost basis information though,. Make sure you have record of all your buys before closing the account though

johnnybs said: slavik said: quick question, if i have stocks in scottrade and i transfer, can it transfer my stocks, or would I have to sell/rebuy?

The stocks will transfer. You won't have to sell and rebuy.

Are there any brokerage (or direct-at-fund) accounts that can be opened that:
1) Do not charge an account closure fee
and
2) Do not hard pull a credit report
?

gw999 said: I looked into this but opted against doing it due to the closure fee with my current brokerage.

Does "full brokerage transfer" mean I gotta Xsfer the entirety of what's in my brokerage account from the losing institution?
Yes, it has to be the entire account being closed and transferred to ShareBuilder.

I know you have to transfer all assets to Sharebuilder but I don't see anything that says the other account has to be closed.

Has anyone managed to get both the costco account opening bonus and the $100 for transferring another account in?

error
Disclaimer
Anyone getting this error?

couponhed said: Has anyone managed to get both the costco account opening bonus and the $100 for transferring another account in?

Yes.

11/18/09 - Transferred completed
12/01/09 - Purchased an ETF
12/03/09 - $100 bonus for transfer
12/31/09 - $55 bonus for opening through costco link

are current SB account holders eligible? what brokerages don't charge account transfer fees?

There is another Sharebuilder $50 bonus. Maybe someone can figure out how to combine these two offers.

SegaRob said: are current SB account holders eligible? what brokerages don't charge account transfer fees?

SB charges $50 for outgoing ACAT. Schwab also charges $50. Scottrade none.

thanks. i found a good list. added to QS.

■E*Trade: $60
■Fidelity: $50
■Charles Schwab: $50
■TradeKing: $50
■TD Ameritrade: $75
■Muriel Siebert: $50 (retirement accounts only)
■Scottrade: $0
■Firstrade: $50
■OptionsXpress: $50
■Banc of America: $75
■Just2Trade: $75
■WellsTrade: $75
■Sharebuilder: $50
■WallStreet*E: $150
■Zecco Trading: $60
■SogoTrade: $75

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014