• Go to page :
  • 1 23
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Terms of the Offer:
LINK
You'll receive up to $100 off as a credit. If you spend less than the offer amount, your discount will be equal to the amount of your purchase (before tax and shipping). For example, if your offer is "up to $100 off" and you spend $5, you will receive a discount of $5. Please allow 1-2 billing cycles for this amount to be reflected on your Bill Me Later statement.
It's a limited time offer that's only available through PayPal. Complete your purchase before midnight ET on October 31st, 2009 to receive this offer. Limit one per customer.
Select "Yes, I'd like No Payments for 90 Days..." to be eligible to receive the promotional offer.
We'll send you monthly statements:

If you pay in full by the promotion expiration date as listed below you will not be charged finance charges.
For example if purchase is made in: Date to pay in full by to avoid finance charges (Promotion Expiration Date):
October 2009 February 1, 2010
If payment in full is not made by the promotion expiration date listed above, finance charges will apply from the transaction date.
If you do not pay off your purchase by the promotion expiration date, you will be charged interest at an ANNUAL PERCENTAGE RATE of 19.99% beginning on the posting date of the purchase. The Minimum Finance Charge is $2.00.
If approved, CIT Bank will make a loan to you for the amount financed to pay for your purchase. CIT Bank will pay the merchant on your behalf to pay for the purchase.
If you repay the amount you borrow (the amount financed) in full on or before the promotion expiration date listed above, you will repay only the amount financed, and CIT Bank will charge you no finance charge for the loan.

For Bill Me Later Account Terms see the Bill Me Later Terms and Conditions.

Thanks bestkid

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
Well, I pulled the trigger, bought something for $200 (that never goes on sale anyways), and a month later, the $100 cre... (more)

Tsumi (Feb. 09, 2010 @ 4:36p) |

What's the big deal with a hard credit pull?? I have 740 score and already have my house/car/etc. so no major purchases... (more)

cornersoyo (Feb. 19, 2010 @ 9:56a) |

I finally got my $100 bonus from a purchase I made in November.

I did have to make numerous calls and secure messages, wh... (more)

bksavings (Mar. 12, 2010 @ 7:48a) |

Expect a hard inquiry on your Equifax credit file if you haven't used Bill Me Later in the past.
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

deleted

About the special offer: Get up to $100 off & 90 Days to Pay

* You'll receive up to $100 off as a credit. If you spend less than the offer amount, your discount will be equal to the amount of your purchase (before tax and shipping). For example, if your offer is "up to $10 off" and you spend $5, you will receive a discount of $5. Please allow for 1-2 billing cycles for this amount to be reflected on your Bill Me Later statement.

this sounds sneaky.

you get "up to $100". but you can also get "up to $10". The offer amount varies?

Cool deal green for you.

This is great and all but I cant find this deal on any sites. Got a specific place this works?

3v1l said: This is great and all but I cant find this deal on any sites. Got a specific place this works?yea me neither

So basically, I just have to make a $100 purchase, and remember to pay? Can I say "Bill me Later" and then pay right away? When is the earliest you can pay by? And if you pay on time, did I read it correctly that there are no charges?

EDIT: I just read the linked page, and it says you can pay right away, and if you do then there are no charges.

Will this work on ANY paypal purchase (such as eBay)?
I'm kind of skeptical of this, but I'd love $100 off!

So after 2 months when this hopefully posts the credit, you better pay it off before 90 days are up.

"
Do you review my credit report every time I make a purchase?
CIT Bank does not review your credit report for each transaction. However, your credit report may be reviewed for some transactions and periodically to provide you with the maximum possible buying power.
"

So how do we get them to stop periodically reviewing our credit reports?

Would love to use this at Newegg for 100 off a new mobo. Dang expensive X58...

didyamissme said: 3v1l said: This is great and all but I cant find this deal on any sites. Got a specific place this works?yea me neither

Yup, I went thru the checkout at Newegg and then selected paypal and then bill me later and nothing showed up. All this did was now I probably have an inquiry on credit report since they approved me for bill me later but there was no offer of any kind. Sucks.

i received an email from paypal for this offer, but my offer is $25. the offer amount is based on your account.

I think you should receive this offer in your email account to be able to use it. I just received "Get $25 off use Bill Me Later".

https://cms.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/marketingweb?cmd=_render-content&content_ID=marketing_us/bml25off90day

It is for sure you can use it for eBay purchase.

You apply prior to your purchase. You will then be approved. As part of that approval you should get a credit. For how much may depend on your application, hence the "up to". As to where you find out your credit I don't know, as I haven't done any of the steps yet. I certainly wouldn't buy anything until you find out.

i told you it was sneaky. i.e not a guaranteed $100 off.
thanks for the red!

Ditto. So how do you know how much discount you are eligible for before you purchase anything? Sounds too risky to me, unless you are buying something that you really need. The chances of that are a little low

My PayPal e-mail offer was only for a chincy $10.00 off. The $100 is probably targeted... don't try it unless you received the e-mail.

I got an email today from for a BML offer on eBay, it says "special offer for our best customers" but it doesn't say anything about $ off. NOt sure if it's the same type of offer or not; too bad the deal seems overly vague on how to obtain the discount.

cbbsyt said: I think you should receive this offer in your email account to be able to use it. I just received "Get $25 off use Bill Me Later".

https://cms.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/marketingweb?cmd=_render-conte...

It is for sure you can use it for eBay purchase.
So these offers are for preselected paypal accounts only, it sounds. I'm guessing that this person hasn't used BML before, so basically this post should just be letting people know to check their mailboxes for the notice.

If you click the FAQ on the link from the OP it reads
"Select "Yes, I'd like No Payments for 90 Days..." to be eligible to receive the promotional offer."

So it seems not only do you have to have received the email, but you have to purchase at least $250 of merchandise. At least this was the case for me on Newegg. I put the Antec Nine Hundred for $109 in my cart and when I filled out the info for Bill me later it said "Add $129 of merchandise to be eligible for No payments for 90 days".

This deal is a no go for me... too sketchy... Good luck to all those who decide to go through with it!

In February there was a Bill-Me-Later/PayPal 30% statement credit on your first $250 in purchases.
They froze my account after my first purchase of $47 and conveniently didn't unfreeze it until the offer had expired.
Hope this offer works out better for the rest of you.

Offer sounds too good to be true

Does anyone know how BML reports? $100 off is nice, but if you're going to take the hit for an inquiry and a new account, a CC with a bonus and an intro rate is probably a better use of your credit.

I received this offer this evening. Very strange, thought it was spam at first.

Going to see how I can capitalize on this.

Hah, had to dig through my trash in gmail cause I remembered seeing this earlier today... Skeptical as well...

The offer is by CIT bank. While I admit I haven't been paying a lot of attention, I thought CIT was on the edge of bankruptcy. I don't know if this offer (by the bank) would be affected by a bankruptcy (at the company), but it certainly is another layer of risk.

Twenty-five bucks on my e-mail offer. Guess I'll hafta read the fine print...

BTW, CIT is "...too big to fail." The government bought it/them.

lagerberries said: i received an email from paypal for this offer, but my offer is $25. the offer amount is based on your account.

Yes and all I got was a lousy advertisement from them no bonus offer... Weird considering 5k/month goes through that account.

I think it only sent to the paypal account type in Personal account, not Premier account.

I received "Get Your Exclusive Offer" -- so exclusive it doesn't have any specifics.

I got the paypal email about bill me later, and it didn't even mention any money back. Perhaps those who already have a Bill Me Later account won't get the offer at all?

link626 said: this sounds sneaky.
you get "up to $100". but you can also get "up to $10". The offer amount varies?

why is it sneaky when they specifically say "up to"? that sure is some sneaky english...

Alright, I bit, I ordered something... I'll report back on how it goes..

davidthefwer said: link626 said: this sounds sneaky.

why is it sneaky when they specifically say "up to"? that sure is some sneaky english...

i geuss people want to spend 10 and get 100 back?

IDK.

The langauge is vauge. It could be dollar for dollar back based on their examples, or is it 100 if you spend a 1000?

davidthefwer said: why is it sneaky when they specifically say "up to"? that sure is some sneaky english...
It is sneaky. If they want to be honest and transparent, then why can't they at least disclose their criteria for determining the maximum? These vague "up to" offers are more like a lottery than they are an incentive to rational buyers who would consider evaluating a service if it is worth their while.

harry12 said: BTW, CIT is "...too big to fail." The government bought it/them.
Hardly. CIT did receive TARP funds, but then the government decided that they were decidedly not too big to fail and hung them out to dry. The FDIC dawdled for months over CIT's application to issue insured bonds before finally denying it. The Fed refused to let them transfer assets to CIT Bank in order to borrow against them at the discount window.

Now, as sethdallob said, they're teetering on the verge of bankruptcy. The irony is that they'd be in solid shape if they received the same treatment (i.e. sources of nearly-free money) as the banks that are considered too big to fail.

This is not sneaky, but I am surprised at how many FW'ers appear to fall for it. Just ask Sam Levitz how "no payment until 2012" has made him rich. Two principles are at work here: 1. You will end up spending more initially than you would have without the offer. 2. Over 90% will end up paying finance charges that exceed the initial offer savings because they could not afford it in the first place (no money available at end of offer).

Prussik said: This is not sneaky, but I am surprised at how many FW'ers appear to fall for it. Just ask Sam Levitz how "no payment until 2012" has made him rich. Two principles are at work here: 1. You will end up spending more initially than you would have without the offer. 2. Over 90% will end up paying finance charges that exceed the initial offer savings because they could not afford it in the first place (no money available at end of offer).

FW'ers and Finance Charges? You got something wrong! Most people around here would spend between $100.00 and $100.01, get the $100 back and pay off the balance right after the 0% period ends...I know I would if I would have gotten the offer

$100 in my email. Thanks OP - had already archived the message.

DiMAn0684 said: Prussik said: This is not sneaky, but I am surprised at how many FW'ers appear to fall for it. Just ask Sam Levitz how "no payment until 2012" has made him rich. Two principles are at work here: 1. You will end up spending more initially than you would have without the offer. 2. Over 90% will end up paying finance charges that exceed the initial offer savings because they could not afford it in the first place (no money available at end of offer).

FW'ers and Finance Charges? You got something wrong! Most people around here would spend between $100.00 and $100.01, get the $100 back and pay off the balance right after the 0% period ends...I know I would if I would have gotten the offer

thats what I'm looking to do.

Or get in on a Sears dryer that I was already planing on buying.

But fiance charge? phhfff. My only worry is if they actually pay up.

Skipping 63 Messages...
I finally got my $100 bonus from a purchase I made in November.

I did have to make numerous calls and secure messages, where they said they had no record that I was on the promotion list.

They finally had me fax them the letter I received in the mail before they credited my account.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014