• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Saw this on Key Bank's website today. Did a search and did not see it posted.

You can get either a $125 or $225 cash bonus for opening a personal checking account with Key Bank through 11/20/09 and completing the promotiom requirements (same as for the GPS deal).

Link

You can also get either a $225 or $275 cash bonus for opening a business checking account with Key through 11/20/09.

Link

Available in states where Key has branches including AK, CO, CT, ID, IN, KY, ME, MI, NY, OH, OR, UT, VT, or WA.

Requirements for personal accounts:

* Open a qualifying checking account and enroll in KeyBank Rewards by November 20, 2009
* Make one debit card transaction and a combination of two direct deposits and/or
automated payments each of $100 or more by January 22, 2010

Requirements for business accounts:

* Open a qualifying business checking account by November 20, 2009
* Enroll in either Online Banking or Key Business Online and complete
two Bill Pay transactions by January 22, 2010*

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
Does anyone still have the direct quote regarding Express Checking Account? Key did not offer me the $125 because I clos... (more)

ariesfeng (Mar. 31, 2010 @ 2:45p) |

You still get multiple promos despite: "Offer not available to businesses that have opened a KeyBank checking account in... (more)

Mav12 (Apr. 04, 2010 @ 6:33p) |

I have not opened Keybank business accounts before this round. I have only opened/closed personal accounts.

DreamKrusher (May. 01, 2010 @ 8:29a) |

NY ABA # 021300077

$25 fee for closing account before 180 days
$25 monthly fee on most accounts waived for first 3 months (or with minimum balances).

People who have opened accts with Key in past report a soft EQ credit pull

Some people have reported not receiving their promised bonuses for past key bank acct opening promotions.
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Looks like a solid offer. For personal checking accounts: $25 fee for closing account before 180 days; $25 monthly fee on most accounts waived for first 3 months (or with minimum balances).

<oops - double post>

As before, only available in AK, CO, CT, ID, IN, KY, ME, MI, NY, OH, OR, UT, VT, or WA.

nergui77 said: Looks like a solid offer. For personal checking accounts: $25 fee for closing account before 180 days; $25 monthly fee on most accounts waived for first 3 months (or with minimum balances).

Yeah, either the $125 for the Key Express Free Personal Checking account or the $225 for the free business checking account have no monthly fees or minimum balance requirements.

ThePessimist said: As before, only available in AK, CO, CT, ID, IN, KY, ME, MI, NY, OH, OR, UT, VT, or WA.

Thanks updated the OP.

Hardpull for opening any of these accounts?

In for 5 business accounts. They said as long as unique tax id's, you can do as many as you want

So, opening a business checking account as a sole proprietor with SSN as tax ID is acceptable?

2stepsbehind said: Hardpull for opening any of these accounts?

No hard pull for me when opening account for GPS deal back in early Aug. They did a soft EQ inquiry.

Porqin said: So, opening a business checking account as a sole proprietor with SSN as tax ID is acceptable?

I have same question... can anyone help/

So, it appears the answer is "yes". $250 minimum opening deposit by mail (or another key bank account) required.

johnf585 said: 2stepsbehind said: Hardpull for opening any of these accounts?

No hard pull for me when opening account for GPS deal back in early Aug. They did a soft EQ inquiry.

Offer not available to individuals who have opened a KeyBank checking account in the last 12 months

Glitch99 said: johnf585 said: 2stepsbehind said: Hardpull for opening any of these accounts?

Offer not available to individuals who have opened a KeyBank checking account in the last 12 months

Correct for the personal accounts, although for the business accounts it says "Offer available to businesses without an existing checking account at KeyBank as of 10/16/09. Offer not available to businesses that have opened a KeyBank checking account in the last 12 months. Employees of KeyBank, its affiliates, and subsidiaries are not eligible for this offer. Limit one gift per qualifying account. Limit one gift per business."

delete

ColbyS said: Warning. Key never pays up.

Opened a biz checking for a multi-function printer and never received it. Opened a personal checking for a GPS and never received it. Spoke with the branch manager(s) numerous times and they were always "working on it" or "the system says it shipped".

Don't expect to get your bonus.

Both my girlfriend and I got our GPS units well within the timeframe indicated in the offer (maybe 2-3 weeks after meeting the requiremetns). I plan on opening a business account now for the $275.

ColbyS said: Warning. Key never pays up.
Key has always paid. The last time (ipod promo I believe), they ran out of it. I followed up and pursued it with a few emails and was eventually shipped the ipod.

What is automated payments?

hanf said: What is automated payments?
Probably ACH debits.

In branch, the flier offers "$125 or 60,000 rewards points".

Is there a rewards catalog available online, or does anyone know the cash-out value of these rewards points?

Glitch99 said: In branch, the flier offers "$125 or 60,000 rewards points".

Is there a rewards catalog available online, or does anyone know the cash-out value of these rewards points?

Yeah, you can browse there rewards catalog online here. Looks like 60k points could be redeemed for a few different $125 or $150 gift cards.

"Direct deposit transactions are limited to: payroll, Social Security, pension, and government benefits. Automated payments exclude Key Bill Pay, debit card automated payments, PayPal« transactions, and account-to-account balance transfers."

I called to verify today that an automated payment is an ACH debit. I did not specifically ask if an ACH debit from an outside savings or checking account would be included, but I don't know how they'd be able to tell the difference. I'll just do two CC payments using the internal site for the CC company.

If only they were in Texas.

Signed up for the free business checking. Application is pending.

So can I sign up for Automated payment to pay my credit card automatically?

chimmy826 said: I'll just do two CC payments using the internal site for the CC company.

Thats what I've done for Key promos in the past and it has always worked, just make the payment from the CC company's own site using Key acct # and routing number.

Can you use CC as funding?

Unless the personal account is different, only check or another key account...

I have a question: what's the difference between a personal and a business checking accounts? Any specific requirements for opening a business checking?

If you are a "sole proprietor" and have a SSN as a TIN, you're able to apply.

[delete]

Nightrush said: Can you use CC as funding?

Yes, but max of $100

Porqin said: So, opening a business checking account as a sole proprietor with SSN as tax ID is acceptable?

I tried it 2 years ago and they required a business license.

chimmy826 said: Nightrush said: Can you use CC as funding?

Yes, but max of $100

newbie Q: does that go as purchase (not cash out) ? TIA ... as never funded accts w/CC, wonder if same policy everywhere

invisible said: chimmy826 said: Nightrush said: Can you use CC as funding?

Yes, but max of $100

newbie Q: does that go as purchase (not cash out) ? TIA ... as never funded accts w/CC, wonder if same policy everywhere

Not the same everywhere.

Depends on A) the merchant (in this case, KeyBank) and B) your credit card and how the purchase gets coded. People report varied results though I have never had one coded as a cash advance.

swandown said: Porqin said: So, opening a business checking account as a sole proprietor with SSN as tax ID is acceptable?

I tried it 2 years ago and they required a business license.

I tried opening the business account for the $225 bonus as a "sole proprietor." In order to get the bonus, they make you enroll in online banking. To enroll in online banking, they asked for your company's Tax Identification Number, or TIN. What I did was apply for a TIN online, and got one for my sole proprietor business instantly. I found out about how to do that here: http://usgovinfo.about.com/OD/moneymatters/a/taxidhowtoget.htm

So far they have not asked me for a business license, and I don't think they will, as a lot of sole proprietors who just do a little consulting every now and then don't need a license. Just apply for the TIN if you need one and you should be good to go. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

SSN can count as TIN. When I did Chase Biz Chkg offer, I used SSN for sole proprietor and had no problems. Got the bonus and my acct is still open.

Can we apply for personal and biz account to get both bonus?

Skipping 31 Messages...
Mav12 said: DreamKrusher said: Received 2 out 3 biz bonuses (posted 2/18/10).

You still get multiple promos despite: "Offer not available to businesses that have opened a KeyBank checking account in the last 12 months ?"

I have not opened Keybank business accounts before this round. I have only opened/closed personal accounts.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014