• filter:
  • 11809181018111812 1813
  • Page
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
check out the 5day on RUSS, good grief. you need guts to trade that one. not gonna do it

rated:
CAG down 4.5%. Can't seem to catch a break from their purchase of Ralcorp. Taking another write down... $247 million this time. Took a $605 million write down in June. Don't expect a turn around until FY2016.

FY2014 loss from Ralcorp = $375 million
FY2015 loss so far from Ralcorp = $160.4 million

rated:
Higher than normal put activity for PIR

Jan 17 $13 Puts
volume: 3,029
open interest: 108

Reports after close

rated:
Bend3r said:   Need to sell something else today to get my SMA back above $0....  I've got some HIMX shares or AAPL available for the chopping block.  Both are "green" with AAPL 50% value is LTG and HIMX is ~5% value STG.  Gonna go look up cost basis lot information before deciding.
  Why not both?
Closed out my 3k HIMX for $7.80 and $0.05 to buy back my covered calls.  This was opened on 10/22/14 $6.82.  P&L: $2778 or 13.6%.
Sold 100 AAPL @ $111.20 (down to 300).  Haven't allocated which tax lot.  Will be either $52/sh long term gain or $39/sh short term gain.  

Edit: Sold 1x GOOG Jan 09 '15 $507.50 P for $10.00.  I'm done trading for today.

rated:
usernamemax20charact said:   This is just hilarious. On Monday (Dec 8), I was looking at HAIN's chart and noticed a possible trend channel and so I drew some lines to get a visual of it. Wondered to myself if they'd try to knock the stock down within the next week or so to $110-ish or not (i.e. bottom of trend line). I had even considered selling half of my position just in case too, but didn't.

HAIN got a downgrade today by RBC Capital to sector perform. Guess where it's at now? $110.... the bottom of its trend line. Don't know whether to laugh or cry. Hoping the line holds.

Just thought I'd share

Bounced off bottom trend line. This stock is getting so predictable.

12/8 chart ; 12/12 chart 

EDIT>>> Hit new all time high today

rated:
INTC Dec 26 $36.50 Put
volume: 10,514
open interest: 713

rated:
TonySpero said:   
WallStreetPirate said:   
TonySpero said:   
WallStreetPirate said:   Are those SPLS Sept $10C being mostly STO or BTO?
  BTO

hmm... so somebody buying ITM anticipating a move up within next 3 months, interesting. we'll see OI tomorrow morning for the change.

Bullish activity has been coming in for a while now:

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/bulls-shopping-again-staples-11141...

Hit new 3.5 yr high today.

The person who bought 10,000 Jan $13 calls for $0.35 and sold 10,000 Jan $9 puts for $0.30 must've made some crazy money

Jan $13 calls are now worth $4.50
Jan $9 puts are now worth $0.00

rated:
wow.. the dow pushedup 420pts

rated:
I own 1000 shares of SPLK @56 and 1000 shares of DATA @ 82.50; the push up is very welcome.

rated:
davef139 said:   wow.. the dow pushedup 420pts
Will we see Dow 18,000 by year end? 

rated:
usernamemax20charact said:   
davef139 said:   wow.. the dow pushedup 420pts
Will we see Dow 18,000 by year end? 

Very possible, I am thinking next week will be super light volume which generally pushes up. I took some puts out near the close hopped in that INTC Dec and took QQQ 104 and NKE. Got a feeling taking DJX puts would have been better.

rated:
Why is NKE down? They beat on top and bottom.

Reported income of $655 million or EPS of 74 cents vs estimate of 70 cents and revenue of $7.38 billion (up 15% YoY) vs estimate of $7.16 billion

EDIT >>> down because future order growth slower than prior quarters and below expectations.
Nike Inc said future orders, a indicator of growth, increased 11 percent in the latest quarter, the slowest rate in four quarters and lower than market estimates.

As of the end of the quarter ending Nov. 30, worldwide futures orders for Nike brand footwear and apparel scheduled for delivery from December through April was 11 percent higher, excluding currency changes, than orders reported for the same period last year.

Analysts were expecting growth of 11.3 percent, according to research firm Consensus Metrix.

rated:
RHT up 9% in ah.

Q3 earnings of $47.9 million or 42 cents per share vs estimate of 40 cents. Revenue jumped 15% YoY to $455.9 million vs estimate of $450.9 million.

11th straight quarter of mid-to-high teens revenue growth

rated:
luckytbal said:   dip buyers = still winning

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0akBdQa55b4

Oldie but a goodie

rated:
jd2010 said:   

Oldie but a goodie

Holy Smokes, now that's funny

rated:
jd2010 said:   

Oldie but a goodie

Wise advice. But given the end of QE, is it as wise as it was in the past? 

rated:
Raising interest rates will not cause the stock market to crash. Over excuberance will.

Lower oil prices is like rocket fuel to the stock market.

rated:
Slow week....

<< TUESDAY >> DEC 23

before

WAG - Walgreens

after

CALM - Cal-Maine Foods

rated:
NKE down 4%. Buy on dip?

Bought @93

rated:
I would stay away from NKE and UA at this point. Crazy growth projected that I just don't see. The health/running craze can't continue to grow much more.

rated:
Oddly enough, SDRL is literally my only winner for December so far.

rated:
umcsom said:   I would stay away from NKE and UA at this point. Crazy growth projected that I just don't see. The health/running craze can't continue to grow much more.
I'd wager that NKE and UA have a market with a higher disposable income, the craze doesn't have to grow by numbers of market participants, but they can grow with volume...

When my girlfriend started working out a lot a few years ago, buying a $90 hoodie, or $60 stretch pants was outrageous... she is happy to fork over $100 for an item if it works and is stylish.... I would guess that there's lots of other people like her, and 'the trend' has become an appreciation for well-designed athletic gear.

rated:
HP (Helmerich & Payne) is up like 15% in last 3 days. Crazy!!

rated:
not sure what's up with SEAS today... yesterday it was flat and I finally dumped some (thankfully only 10%) of my loser SEAS position from last month that I hadn't touched since I bought. Today it's up 7% of course!

Yesterday: Sold GOOG DEC 26 '14 507.5 Put 1 @5.40.
Today: Bot GOOG DEC 26 '14 507.5 Put 1 @2.35. Profit: 303.66* (minus ~$30 on the $445 P)

I'm still short the Jan 09 507.5 from yesterday @ 10.00 and I still have 2 overpriced Jan 09 $445 Puts that cost me $.90 each.  Edit: I sold a Jan 09 515 for $9.60.  So if they both expire worthless on Jan 09, will be ~$2k total profit.

rated:
Took the opportunity to close out my position FEYE today at $33.07 (back where it was when I bought it a few weeks ago). 

rated:
This is your chance to get out of some of these oil service names. Folks were saying how they wanted a chance to get out. You have it for 8 more minutes.

rated:
All the drillers are zooming except SDRL.

rated:
sandy05 said:   All the drillers are zooming except SDRL.
  SDRL was down in premarket due to GS changing their mind from 3 weeks ago. SDRL started this morning down 6% and closed up 2%, a net change of 8% intraday, which is the same as RIG 

rated:

Still up 15%+ this week. Not too shabby. But RIG is up more 30% this week. Craziness. Now the question is whether the markets are gonna continue the santa claus rally...

rated:
kantscholar said:   This is your chance to get out of some of these oil service names. Folks were saying how they wanted a chance to get out. You have it for 8 more minutes.

I hope you are right. After the spike this week (and having sold at/near the bottom) I bought back in around 18 and sold today when it got back up to 18.92. Figured it would drop back to 18 again, but decided to shoot up to almost 20. I'm sad that I have closed out that position at (all considered) about a 2.50/share loss, but -- like you said -- I was one of those people clamoring for an exit, so I can't complain that I got one, even if I screwed up walking out the door. If I hadn't done anything until today and sold ~19.50 I think my dollar cost average was about 21/share, so that would have been nice, but at least I don't have to worry about this anymore, and with all of my other stuff doing well this week, I'm back to about 15-18% on the year. Thought I was about to go negative on the year because I way overbought on Monday, so I'll take it and go get drunk on NYE.

EDIT: Actually, no, I guess I don't hope you are right, since I think that means I'm hoping these crater again next week and I never like it when anything craters. Maybe just move sideways for a while.

EDIT2: Made a point to fill up for 2.95/gallon today to at least get that little bit of savings to offset my stock losses.

rated:
fatwa113t3r said:   

Still up 15%+ this week. Not too shabby. But RIG is up more 30% this week. Craziness. Now the question is whether the markets are gonna continue the santa claus rally...

What santa claus rally you are talking about?? Market is still down for this month. Lot of shares (like SDRL) are still down 40% in last 30 days even after last couple of good days. 

rated:
alienjedi said:   
  SDRL was down in premarket due to GS changing their mind from 3 weeks ago. SDRL started this morning down 6% and closed up 2%, a net change of 8% intraday, which is the same as RIG 

It was probably Goldman who started buying the stock after their own downgrade. 

rated:
sandy05 said:   
fatwa113t3r said:   

What santa claus rally you are talking about?? Market is still down for this month. Lot of shares (like SDRL) are still down 40% in last 30 days even after last couple of good days. 

Was referring to the recent 3 day rally and the hopeful run-up to Christmas... Hence, the santa claus rally? 

rated:
Whats going to happen to drillerz next week? Oil just hit $60.

rated:
lgvokt said:   Whats going to happen to drillerz next week? Oil just hit $60.
  The more I pay attention to the stock market and the so called experts the more I bet against them and win.  RIG is making me a happy stock owner right now. 

rated:
lgvokt said:   Whats going to happen to drillerz next week? Oil just hit $60.

What oil are you watching? The olny contracts above 60 are Sept.

I managed to get a nice 50% gain on March Oil 75calls. Feeling some pull back next week to reenter March or April contracts
usernamemax20charact said:   INTC Dec 26 $36.50 Put
volume: 10,514
open interest: 713

=13px  
These are up 60% already for me, debating selling today but I felt opex would throw real pricing off, so Monday should be a good test on if this goes down or not.

rated:
I saw on google finance front page oil pricea went back up to 60. I would like to invest now but cant tell where the bottom is.

The junk bond market has basically frozen many of the smaller drillers out. So is this a short term bounce or what?

Based on historical charts its good to follow oil prices to decide to invest.

Is there a oil etf?

rated:

rated:
TonySpero said:   Barron's - 5 Oils to Buy 

CVX
EOG
OXY
RDSA
SLB

http://online.barrons.com/articles/five-oil-stocks-to-buy-now-14...

Surprised to see XOM is not on the list. TOT should be a good buy too.

rated:
Monday will be a goid day to see what happens to oil.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.
  • 11809181018111812 1813
  • Page

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014