• filter:
  • 11801180218031804 1805
  • Page
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
And now it's back over 100... My favorite quote on Stocktwits was "$GILDI don't hold this for its value I hold this for a reason to get drunk everyday"

rated:
BTO Aerovironment 30/35 CS Earnings today

rated:
BTO BABA 12/26 120C. There seems to be a lot of activity in these calls today

rated:
BTO Garmin Jan 15 60C. Lots of call activity

rated:
ONCS, Oncosec, has a DNA vaccine that has shown to generate immune cells to effectively kill melanoma cells. Merck has a PD-1 drug that has show effectiveness against melanoma by "uncloaking" the cancer cells so that the body's immunological defense system can find and destroy the cancer cells.

Now ONCS is in collaboration with UC San Francisco to use Merck's drug with ONC's vaccine. This one-two punch against melanoma is going to be a great catalyst for ONCS and MRK.

Another company with even broader DNA vaccine application is INO. It is just a matter of time before they announce a similar collaboration with the same or similar PD-1 drug against their HPV-related cancers (ex. cervical cancer, head and neck cancer, etc.)

Disclaimer: I own ONCS, INO, MRK.

rated:
FWjunkie2 said:   
F has hit oscillator sell signal today... I'm going to sell at $16 or higher. I'm hoping to collect some of that 3.5% dividend (at my cost basis), but it may be sold before the ex-div.

Ford ups the dividend once per year, announced in the first ~week of January. So, the next dividend will likely be higher than $0.125. My money would be on them increasing it to $0.14 or $0.15.

rated:
srik901 said:   BTO Garmin Jan 15 60C. Lots of call activity

srik901 said:   BTO BABA 12/26 120C. There seems to be a lot of activity in these calls today

How much did you pay?

rated:
Bend3r said:   
FWjunkie2 said:   
F has hit oscillator sell signal today... I'm going to sell at $16 or higher. I'm hoping to collect some of that 3.5% dividend (at my cost basis), but it may be sold before the ex-div.

Ford ups the dividend once per year, announced in the first ~week of January. So, the next dividend will likely be higher than $0.125. My money would be on them increasing it to $0.14 or $0.15.

I did not know about their tendency to raise dividend!! Thanks OP.

Oil prices are going to stay low for a while... And we want it...

From my post on Dividend Stock Discussion thread:The pressure to reduce oil consumption combined with the frack-baby-frack boom is going to keep oil prices with a downward pressure for a while. When you add the overhanging global warming concern, I don't see carbon emission oil prices setting any record highs. If the Keystone pipeline eventually passes, then oil prices have more downward pressure. I would go with industries that will benefit from low oil prices (transportation like airlines and UPS; oil-based manufacturing like DOW, plastic companies; even consumer goods since people with have saved money at the pump to buy more goods). Also a country like Japan that is so heavily dependent on imported oil will also see economical boost of low oil prices. I have JPNL (leveragted ETF) and will sell on a pop. Japan does NOT have the population growth that USA has so that is a dampening issues... just take JPNL gains on a pop.Next President of USA, note to self: When you need the economy to grow, LOWER PRICE OF OIL by allowing drilling, fracking, pipelines, to get the supply up, up, up... Yes, you may be ultimately sacrificing the EPS of oil companies when oil prices ultimately drops, but the rest of the economy will blossom because oil costs are down across the board!! When you then combine low interest rates with low oil prices, the economy has no other direction to go but UP, UP, UP !!I think oil is closing at a 4-year low today.I bought ORC today at $13.81/sh... This REIT was mentioned earlier and I like the hefty 15.7% dividend rate with monthly payout.

rated:
PuraVida3708 said:   
srik901 said:   BTO Garmin Jan 15 60C. Lots of call activity

srik901 said:   BTO BABA 12/26 120C. There seems to be a lot of activity in these calls today

How much did you pay?

1.1 for GRMN
1.9 for BABA

rated:
SDRL crashing. Down 18%

rated:
sandy05 said:   SDRL crashing. Down 18%
They suspended the dividend.Link

rated:
beatnik28 said:   
They suspended the dividend.Link

Yes, I know. and suspending dividend makes perfect sense too.

Looks like stock is heading toward zero. down22% now.
With $8.5 EPS and P/E 1.9, I don't think this largest drilling company in world is going to shut down tomorrow.

rated:
BTO SDRL Jan 2015 17C

I am hoping for a short term bounce

rated:
Was expecting HTZ to go up after Uncle Carl increased his stake in the company by 25%. But it's down 3.5%.

rated:

Brought down ATW*, DO*, ESV, NE, and RIG*

* = new 52 wk lows

rated:
<< TUESDAY >> Dec 2

before

GWPH - GW Pharmaceuticals

<< WEDNESDAY >> Dec 3

before

ANF - Abercrombie
BF.A / BF.B - Brown-Forman
GIII - G-iii Apparel

after

ARO - Aeropostale
AVGO - Avago Technologies
GES - Guess
PVH - PVH Corp

<< THURSDAY >> Dec 4

before

BKS - Barnes & Noble
DG - Dollar General
KR - Kroger Co
SHLD - Sears Holdings Corporation
UNFI - United Natural Foods

after

AEO - American Eagle Outfitters
AMBA - Ambarella
COO - The Cooper Companies
FIVE - Five Below
SWHC - Smith & Wesson
Ulta - Ulta Salon, Cosmetics & Fragrance

rated:
Everything energy related will take a HUGE beating on Friday. Good luck everyone.

rated:
SDRL will be down another 10%.

rated:
sandy05 said:   SDRL will be down another 10%.
Yes. The question is whether I should double down

rated:
the yield is gone too

rated:
srik901 said:   

This like in 2008 and 2009 when everyone was selling instead of buying. The smart ones had money no the side and made a killing. I own Rig. I will give it 2 or 3 years to come back up before I sell it. Hang in there. It will be a money maker.

rated:
Looks like all the airlines stocks are rallying as a result of the OPEC decision. UAL, LUV, AAL all up around 5% in the premarket.

rated:
srik901 said:   

Doesn't look like anybody else is doubling down

rated:
Be greedy when others are fearful. Be fearful when others are greedy.

I made that up myself.

Seriously though, does anybody really think oil prices are going to stay low forever?

rated:
SaulHudson said:   Be greedy when others are fearful. Be fearful when others are greedy.

I made that up myself.

Seriously though, does anybody really think oil prices are going to stay low forever?

Stock market going up while oil prices tanking is like a double whammy if you own energy stocks. I would be fearful....

rated:
usernamemax20charact said:   Was expecting HTZ to go up after Uncle Carl increased his stake in the company by 25%. But it's down 3.5%.
HTZ down another 2.3%

rated:
Damn! TOT down 7.5%. Bought some at $55.35

rated:
LUV up 7%. Good day.

rated:
Perhaps I took profit too early today now to find what to buy next

rated:
SDRL just took off. Missed out my by order of $14.25 by 1 cent.

rated:
Got punched in the face on RIG

rated:
A lot of these energy companies hitting or starting to approach 52-week lows...

HAL, SLCA, HCLP, TOT

Excellent buying opportunity or will the knife continue to fall as oil approaches $60?

rated:
corporateclaw said:   Got punched in the face on RIG
��Looks like RIG has much poorer financials than SDRL and has lot to go down.

rated:
AGQ down 13%.

rated:

AMAT (20.49kB)
Disclaimer
Hello all, hope everybody had a great Thanksgiving, have not been trading options much, have moved to day trading stocks, closed out an option I was holding for a while:

TonySpero said:   AMAT getting killed today, reports on May 15, I'm already in the July $19s, today I bought longer term calls

AMAT Jan 2015 $20 call

Volume: 360
Open Interest: 103,004

STC, 7 month trade, 266% return.

rated:
SaulHudson said:   Be greedy when others are fearful. Be fearful when others are greedy.

I made that up myself.

Yes... well at least until USA goes back to being dependent on other countries for oil... Remember when bipartisan congress used to badger any USA President to get USA off of the oil dependency of other countries?? Well this President did that by encouraging and allowing drill-baby-drill in and around the USA by USA companies. We got what we all wanted !! Be happy. But don't invest in oil sector ! Invest in just about anything else !! (disclaimer: paraphrased from the free blog I mentioned... www.optionsforcash.com)

rated:
sandy05 said:   
srik901 said:   

Oil might be down for another year according to GS. I just bought a lot more of SDRL and RIG.

rated:
2hotforu said:   
srik901 said:   

This like in 2008 and 2009 when everyone was selling instead of buying. The smart ones had money no the side and made a killing. I own Rig. I will give it 2 or 3 years to come back up before I sell it. Hang in there. It will be a money maker.

You should ask at leastthe following twoquestions:
1. Will USA ever become dependent on foreign oil and the ability of foreign countries to dictate oil prices again (or at least in the next 2-3 years)?
2. Will alternative energy industries fade away or decrease their market share of energy business in the USA in next few years?

Of course the price of stocks bounce around with speculation. Carl Icahn still owns a lot of RIG as far as I know. Other industries that will greatly benefit from lower energy-oil costs will likely show growing EPS in next few years.

rated:
srik901 said:   
sandy05 said:   
srik901 said:   

Oil might be down for another year according to GS. I just bought a lot more of SDRL and RIG.

Gee... you are certainly determined... good luck...

Let's mark it: today's approxime closing prices: RIG $21/sh, SDRL $14.61/sh, ESV $34/sh, OIH (oil ETF) $38.15/sh.; OXYT $79.75; XOM $90.65/sh; PXD $143.23/sh; BP $39.50/sh; APA $64.09/sh; EOG $86.72/sh. ; RDS A $66.88/sh.
All oil stocks hit hard. Maybe the bottom.Many with great buy signals on various indicators now. Let's watch and follow...

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.
  • 11801180218031804 1805
  • Page

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014