• Search this Topic »
rated:
TWTR at $50 now

Edit: Wow, this thing is just going up and up, $52 now

rated:
Bend3r said:   
Bend3r said:   
(...) I might exercise (...)

S > 5000 x F  = $11,750 long term gain. (around 13 months holding period)
Exercised 50 x F $14/$15 Aug 15  options (around $16.30 basis)

taxes would have been around ~$1800 if I just sold the options, and I'd have been left with 5k shares @ $15.25 basis.
taxes this way is ~$1800, but I'm left with 5k shares @ $16.30 basis (however, they won't be long term until another 12 months)

I've not exercised any options before.  Anyone know if they're still qualified dividends if I just exercised the option today and ex-div is tomorrow?  Today counts as "day of acquisition" even though the exchange of shares hasn't actually occurred yet (settled), right? 

Good job on forcing the LT gains and reallocating to ST, I know I got some thinking to do to look over and take advantage of some 0% LT gains.
I have exercised a day or 2 before full settlement has happened and collected dividend still, as for as Qualification is, I am not sure, it is likely it should but if youre on a margin account and such it might not.

rated:
TWTR = bird.
LOCO = bird.

Is there a conspiracy?

TWTR at 50.60!!!

Holy god, I wish we can trade options AH!!!

rated:
TWTR $51.25, hopefully it holds into tomorrow, those Sept $50 calls will be over $4.50...

Edit: over $52

rated:
congrats on the twtr call holders. 5-6 bagger.

rated:
god I really wanted to buy twtr calls, was too busy at work

rated:
Everyone wanting to unload their calls right now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGvKpl4yC1A

rated:
umcsom said:   congrats on the twtr call holders. 5-6 bagger.

Looking at the weekly option chain is kinda nuts 47C had a volume of 1k closing with a B/A of 15/19c, think i gotta write some lottery tickets again man..

rated:
davef139 said:   ...
Ouch PNRA lowered outlook, same  store sales weak too

yea and stock is up 5% because of lowered outlook

rated:
I think TWTR may be my first 10 bagger. Thanks to whoever noticed that unusual high vol for Sep. calls which forced me to place that trade. 

rated:
moola said:   I think TWTR may be my first 10 bagger. Thanks to whoever noticed that unusual high vol for Sep. calls which forced me to place that trade. 
  feels good doesn't it.  I still think my favorite time was when a bunch of us went long on ALTR during earnings and AH it fell hard.  We all woke up the next morning and it had reversed course and gon up like 20%.  good times.  good times.

rated:
umcsom said:   
moola said:   I think TWTR may be my first 10 bagger. Thanks to whoever noticed that unusual high vol for Sep. calls which forced me to place that trade. 
  feels good doesn't it.  I still think my favorite time was when a bunch of us went long on ALTR during earnings and AH it fell hard.  We all woke up the next morning and it had reversed course and gon up like 20%.  good times.  good times.

Didn't someone get their calls filled at a nickle at open? Lost out of 20k or so?

rated:
umcsom said:   

I learned a 30k lesson on not putting in good til canceled orders cause of that ****ing thing, MMs stole my calls for 5 cents at market open, then price jumped to 3 dollars

rated:
davef139 said:   
umcsom said:   

Didn't someone get their calls filled at a nickle at open? Lost out of 20k or so?

Yeah. I don't remember the exact amount, but I remember it was a LOT. Whoever bought those calls from him must've had a smile on his face for a whole month. 

rated:
I almost made that mistake too, I had an order to close out the position at $1 (bought it at 0.45). I ended up cancelling the order after hours today when I saw the TWTR earnings, hoping the cancellation goes through first.

rated:
Why is BWLD down 7% when they beat? Bad guidance or somethig?

EPS of $1.25 vs $1.20 estimate on revenue of $366 million vs $359.6 estimate. Comps = 7.7% at company owned, 6.5% at franchise.

Q3 comps off to good start. July at 8.2% company, 7.4% franchise.

Meanwhile PNRA is up despite guiding Q3 EPS and revenue and FY2014 EPS below expectations, and cutting comps to between flat and 1.5% growth from previous guidance of 2%-3.5% comp growth

rated:
usernamemax20charact said:   Why is BWLD down 7% when they beat? Bad guidance or somethig?

EPS of $1.25 vs $1.20 estimate on revenue of $366 million vs $359.6 estimate. Comps = 7.7% at company owned, 6.5% at franchise.

Meanwhile PNRA is up despite guiding Q3 EPS and revenue and FY2014 EPS below expectations, and cutting comps to between flat and 1.5% growth from previous guidance of 2%-3.5% comp growth

Never ask why, just follow along....

rated:
sandy05 said:   
usernamemax20charact said:   Why is BWLD down 7% when they beat? Bad guidance or somethig?

Follow along and buy the dip? Down 10.6% now.

rated:
usernamemax20charact said:   
sandy05 said:   

Follow along and buy the dip? Down 10.6% now.

I'm keeping an eye on it. BWLD usually recovers their losses fairly quickly. But then again, this time may be different. I may pick up some shares later today or maybe tomorrow. May also add some twtr shares too. As for why it's down, who knows. 

rated:
WallStreetPirate said:   RGR good for a pullback, gun industry slowing down, lots of layoffs lately.
You called it. Down 4% after reporting EPS of $1.12 vs expectation of $1.23 on revenue of $153.66 million (down 14.4% YoY) vs expectations of $168.73 million

Also raising share buy back from $25 million to $100 million

rated:
LNKD up $4+ because of TWTR.

TWT just created Billions of dollars of dollars in wealth.

rated:
Really hoping that also brings FB back up above $75 so I can unload the calls. I woke up the day after the earnings to see +2600 on my portfolio only to refresh to see +1200 and BAM +300.

rated:
Bend3r said:   
Bend3r said:   
(...) I might exercise (...)

I've not exercised any options before.  Anyone know if they're still qualified dividends if I just exercised the option today and ex-div is tomorrow?  Today counts as "day of acquisition" even though the exchange of shares hasn't actually occurred yet (settled), right? 

The trade date determines dividend eligibility, so if you exercise before ex-div, you'll get the dividend.  You qualify for the reduced dividend tax rate if you hold the stock for 60 days out of the 121 day window that starts 60 days before the ex-dividend date. The actual trade date doesn't count in the holding period for tax purposes, so you have to hold it for the next 60 days to qualify the dividend (which is all that's left in that 121-day window).  So you're good.  (Insert standard "not a tax pro" etc etc disclaimer here)

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.
  • 11730173117321733 1734
  • Page

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014