• filter:
  • 11663166416651666 1667
  • Page
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
Anyone have thoughts on SIRI? I had followed it for a while when it was at lower prices and did okay but unfortunately missed out on it's run up to $4. Now it's back to $3ish.

rated:
What is up with WFM? Any idea if rig is gonna go higher in near term or just continue being trash?

rated:
bottom about to fall out on VXX @42.80, could see $41's pretty quickly.

rated:
defjukie said:   bottom about to fall out on VXX @42.80, could see $41's pretty quickly.

Fingers crossed ... I have been collecting svxy. My avg buy price is ~64. Need to break even atleast

rated:
sold my VXX puts and QQQ calls at the close. Leaving some potential downside on the table with VXX, but not gonna hold it overnight into OPEX tomorrow.

edit: GOOG earnings now seem to be bringing all the markets down AH...

rated:
defjukie said:   edit: GOOG earnings now seem to be bringing all the markets down AH...
  down 9% in a few seconds....  Rebound tomorrow?

dang I had a limit buy order to replace the 540 Put on GOOGL that I'm short, that just barely didn't execute earlier :/

edit: seems to have almost fully recovered now, 45minutes after close

rated:
GOOG EPS is up only 1% compared to Q1 2013.
Thats terrible.

AAPL EPS was up 5% last quarter and got smashed.

rated:
defjukie said:   bottom about to fall out on VXX @42.80, could see $41's pretty quickly.
  It damn well better. I have May 35Ps and about to give up on them in favor of increasing my XIV position.

rated:
I am on a one day short play. Heavy ITM puts SPY (2 weeks out) at the close. Just looking for a one point fade in SPY before I bail and continue my bullish plays. I closed out my SPY Calls that I started accumulating since 4/10 or 4/11. Only made 25% but there were time where I was deep underwater and was saved by BTFD the pivot on Tuesday. Whee

rated:
axolotls said:   Bought a bunch of NQ at $9.996 today. Figured the plunge would stop after two or three days and it did. Now $11.16 AH
  Best play of this month so far. It faded today and AH but stil holding $12.

rated:
Slot machine play, expires today

LNG Apr $55 put

Volume: 1,147
Open Interest: 9,886

rated:
Throwing money away on cheapies

XLK Jun $38 call

Volume: 401
Open Interest: 72,910

XLK Jun $39 call - OI - 161,494

rated:
GOOG is showing real weakness.

GAAP EPS was $5.01 vs $4.97 last year Q1. That's only 1% earnings growth. For some reason no one in the media is bring up GAAP EPS which is THE STANDARD for US companies for financial reporting. Rather they are using Google BS adjusted earnings that does not count Executive Stock compensation and the loss on the Motorola deal. Total BS.

Also the GAPS in Google's search empire is expanding.

1. FaceBook has its own search feature that is not running Google
2. Siri is not using Google
3. Twitter search is not using Google
4. Apple App Store does not use Google
5. Yahoo is talking with Apple to replace Google as iOS default search

#5 alone could destroy 30% of Google revenues and 40% of profits. Thermo Nuclear war indeed.

Lets not forget that Google cost per click has been going down for 10 quarters in a row because of shrinking PC use. Mobile ads are much lower margin.

rated:
GOOGL Jun $625 call

Volume: 2,719
Open Interest: 118

rated:
WB IPO on the move.

rated:
umcsom said:   
Bend3r said:   ... I may close out one of the two (the put or the call) before earnings Thursday. ...

hope you got out.

Whelp, I finally got out. Hopefully you made it out yesterday before GOOG contracted back to near $535.  I'd been watching google falling near the 52 low, but your post made me look closer so I must thank you.

GOOGL 560 Call sold yesterday morning well before earnings @ $14.29 - $480 gain.  I figured the ~$10 "premium" would evaporate after earnings whether up or down.
GOOGL 540 Put bought back just now @ $0.60 - $1860 gain. seemed like throwing away $60, but OTOH I don't really have enough funds to add a GOOGL position tomorrow if it ended slightly down and have only value stocks, so I got out.
Total- $2340

Overall it's been a great 2 weeks, since I also finally got out of my one "loser" stock position from last year at a slight profit during a short squeeze last week. Finally I'm "up" for 2014 by a meaningful amount (>10% on ~$200k portfolio), but still 1% off from early December.

rated:
Bend3r said:   
  You do know that the "52 week low" for GOOG is actually like a 3 week low, since the stock split, don't you?
To find the true 52 week low you would have to look at GOOGL, which is no where near the 52 week low, 

rated:
I do realize that, i should have been more careful with the post. The 50 week low is around $430 ($860). You're right that ~20% is not "that" close but they have grown ~20% Y/Y, so I'd consider it similarly valued.  And, that is a stretch from what I typed.  I definitely made an error when I said it was near the 52 low.

The 6 mo. low is near $500-$520 though. I should have went with saying near 6mo low.

rated:
Bend3r said:   
umcsom said:   
Bend3r said:   ... I may close out one of the two (the put or the call) before earnings Thursday. ...

hope you got out.

Whelp, I finally got out. Hopefully you made it out yesterday before GOOG contracted back to near $535.  I'd been watching google falling near the 52 low, but your post made me look closer so I must thank you.

GOOGL 560 Call sold yesterday morning well before earnings @ $14.29 - $480 gain.  I figured the ~$10 "premium" would evaporate after earnings whether up or down.
GOOGL 540 Put bought back just now @ $0.60 - $1860 gain. seemed like throwing away $60, but OTOH I don't really have enough funds to add a GOOGL position tomorrow if it ended slightly down and have only value stocks, so I got out.
Total- $2340

Overall it's been a great 2 weeks, since I also finally got out of my one "loser" stock position from last year at a slight profit during a short squeeze last week. Finally I'm "up" for 2014 by a meaningful amount (>10% on ~$200k portfolio), but still 1% off from early December.

Nope.... my play crushed me.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.
  • 11663166416651666 1667
  • Page

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014