• filter:
  • 12006200720082009 2010
  • Page
  • Previous 40
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
fatwa113t3r said:   
anusha123 said:   Nflx is down due to Hulu effect or something else going on ???
††

It's called the fatwall effect. Everyone bought so it has to go down...

The reason it is going down is because one or a few of the big boys are selling. Why are they†selling? Who knows. The hulu effect has been around while NFLX gained 800%. Maybe if the markets rebound, NFLX will rise again. Your guess is good as anyon's,,,

† I was referring Hulu effect as Hulu going ads free for 11.99.....so a direct competition like Amazon videos

rated:
@tonySpero how did your Aug fair out? I went from realized 11k gains midmonth to a -1500 loss for the entire month, granted some were worthless options that expired on me, that weren't being realized till opex.

rated:
davef139 said:   @tonySpero how did your Aug fair out? I went from realized 11k gains midmonth to a -1500 loss for the entire month, granted some were worthless options that expired on me, that weren't being realized till opex.
Hey Dave, for August +$13,060 realized, but carried over BBY short to September, closed out yesterday for a $6k+ loss, not faring well today either.

rated:
Brought SDRL...any good oil plays? for short term boune

rated:
hell id like a flash crash in airlines as I sold everything too early today apparently.

rated:
buy HAWK ahead of holidays? Down 15.9% from 52 wk high on Aug 3.

rated:
Gaps up and grinds off, then blasts to the HOD. I ain't mad at ya Mr. Market. Lots of money to be made.

rated:
anusha123 said:   
fatwa113t3r said:   
anusha123 said:   Nflx is down due to Hulu effect or something else going on ???
††

The reason it is going down is because one or a few of the big boys are selling. Why are they†selling? Who knows. The hulu effect has been around while NFLX gained 800%. Maybe if the markets rebound, NFLX will rise again. Your guess is good as anyon's,,,

† I was referring Hulu effect as Hulu going ads free for 11.99.....so a direct competition like Amazon videos

††
A lot of forces coming at Netflix that may hurt some of it's sales.

Amazon prime now allows you to download the movies and watch them offline.† (If I were to choose just one of the two, I might pick Amazon for this feature.† Some people will.† I have both, so I don't need to worry about having to make that choice.)

Hulu partnering with Epix to get newer movies to users and compete directly with netflix.

Apple has something in the works.†

rated:
riznick said:   
anusha123 said:   
fatwa113t3r said:   
††

††
A lot of forces coming at Netflix that may hurt some of it's sales.

Amazon prime now allows you to download the movies and watch them offline.† (If I were to choose just one of the two, I might pick Amazon for this feature.† Some people will.† I have both, so I don't need to worry about having to make that choice.)

Hulu partnering with Epix to get newer movies to users and compete directly with netflix.

Apple has something in the works.†

This is not a new Amazon feature, so I'm not sure why Netflix should be worried. In fact, nearly every video on Amazon used to be able to be downloaded (To PC as well as other mobile devices). This service was called Amazon UnBox on the PC side. They killed it last year to force you to their "Amazon Instant" product and to force you to view ads on the website everytime you want to view your owned content, I got a ~50% refund of my video purchases due to the crappy choice.

Looks like now they've only brought it back for a miniscule number of titles and only on android and iOs devices.

rated:
GERN popping big here.

LCI another big popper.

rated:
e60mmmmm said:   hell id like a flash crash in airlines as I sold everything too early today apparently.

Well it was hard to figure ual being s&p added. And dal/aal getting upgraded. There is always luv/jblu or gamble with rjet

rated:
Nice LCI pop AHs...it was so beaten down for a fundamentally very strong company. I have a small number of Sep 50 calls which should do quite well and more than make up for the common shares I bought around 60. Look at short interested numbers on LCI, it is setup for a major squeeze on this news.

rated:
Big volume

AA Nov $10 call
Volume: 22,386
Open Interest: 0

rated:
Bend3r said:   
This is not a new Amazon feature, so I'm not sure why Netflix should be worried. In fact, nearly every video on Amazon used to be able to be downloaded (To PC as well as other mobile devices). This service was called Amazon UnBox on the PC side. They killed it last year to force you to their "Amazon Instant" product and to force you to view ads on the website everytime you want to view your owned content, I got a ~50% refund of my video purchases due to the crappy choice.

Looks like now they've only brought it back for a miniscule number of titles and only on android and iOs devices.

Could you do it with Amazon Prime videos before?

rated:
TSLA up over 255 in AH

rated:
Wow General Mills selling Green Giant biz to BGS, was looking at BGS calls the other day and thought.. hmm 80c is too much to pay.
The AA call volume is pushing AA up nicely. I took 9.5 weeklies so I am thinking I should make some profits!

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.
  • 12006200720082009 2010
  • Page
  • Previous 40

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2015