• filter:
  • 12063206420652066 2067
  • Page
  • Previous 40
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
usernamemax20charact said:   
fatwa113t3r said:   
usernamemax20charact said:   

LNKD down 23.14%

Down on a beat too.

EPS of 94 cents vs 78 cents estimate. Revenue of $862 million vs $858 million estimate.

Weak  guidance seems to be why. Q1 EPS guidance is 55 cents and revenue is $820 million vs estimates for EPS of 75 cents and revenue of $868.3 million

If I wasn't bagholding LNKD, I would have taken a swipe at DATA at 50... I originally was chasing LNKD at 150, but that order didn't fill so I chased it at 155. Now I'm caught.  

It's back to the early May 2014 lows.

Support?

  

Who knows with these high flying social media stocks... Just hoping it can summon its inner GPRO and move back up.


Edit: Out 140. Ef me. My two trades so far ( GPRO and LNKD ). Colossal ef ups...

rated:
DATA dragging SPLK down 11.23% and QLIK down 11.39%

rated:
YRCW dumping off pretty well, looks like I might have some long term looks to see what kind of premiums options will place. I am feeling there is gonna be some consolidation in the transpo industry this year so I have been trying to see what seems like decent merger targets.

rated:
he now works for a broker so he can't contribute. I got in 200 shares at just sub 52.  I tried 100 more at 41 but it was just past 5 so traveling wouldn't fill it. 

rated:
Thanks for the heads up guys. Got in on 100 shares of DATA at $45.70 and out at $52.14. You guys rock!

rated:
I got 90 at 43.60

rated:
woke up and bought 1k at $40.66. Tempted to sell 10 min later at $2600 profit. Damn.

Put in limit for 1k lnkd and it didn't fill and jumped $5/share right away Should have done market

edit: and sold

rated:
fatwa113t3r said:   
usernamemax20charact said:   
fatwa113t3r said:   
usernamemax20charact said:   

LNKD down 23.14%

Down on a beat too.

EPS of 94 cents vs 78 cents estimate. Revenue of $862 million vs $858 million estimate.

Weak  guidance seems to be why. Q1 EPS guidance is 55 cents and revenue is $820 million vs estimates for EPS of 75 cents and revenue of $868.3 million

If I wasn't bagholding LNKD, I would have taken a swipe at DATA at 50... I originally was chasing LNKD at 150, but that order didn't fill so I chased it at 155. Now I'm caught.  

It's back to the early May 2014 lows.

Support?

Who knows with these high flying social media stocks... Just hoping it can summon its inner GPRO and move back up.

Edit: Out 140. Ef me. My two trades so far ( GPRO and LNKD ). Colossal ef ups...
 

Good decision to sell. Went all the way down to $110. Now at $115

rated:
TSLA keeps tempting me but then each day I'm happy I didn't pull the trigger when it falls another 5%.... One of these days I'll wish I jumped in... Anyone have a Target on it?

rated:
orangecrushv said:   TSLA keeps tempting me but then each day I'm happy I didn't pull the trigger when it falls another 5%.... One of these days I'll wish I jumped in... Anyone have a Target on it?
  I jumped in today @ 164.88 wish me luck.  I prob won't hold it too long though. 

rated:
LGF down 30%. No more Hunger Games to drive revenues, and Mocking Jay part 2 didn't bring in much money either.

They need to come out with another hit movie franchise and tv series (like Madmen)

rated:
TSLA not doing well but just logged in to my account and got a gift - LNKD limit order from this am filled @ 111.72

rated:
usernamemax20charact said:   
fatwa113t3r said:   
usernamemax20charact said:   
fatwa113t3r said:   
usernamemax20charact said:   

LNKD down 23.14%

Down on a beat too.

EPS of 94 cents vs 78 cents estimate. Revenue of $862 million vs $858 million estimate.

Weak  guidance seems to be why. Q1 EPS guidance is 55 cents and revenue is $820 million vs estimates for EPS of 75 cents and revenue of $868.3 million

If I wasn't bagholding LNKD, I would have taken a swipe at DATA at 50... I originally was chasing LNKD at 150, but that order didn't fill so I chased it at 155. Now I'm caught.  

It's back to the early May 2014 lows.

Support?

Who knows with these high flying social media stocks... Just hoping it can summon its inner GPRO and move back up.

Edit: Out 140. Ef me. My two trades so far ( GPRO and LNKD ). Colossal ef ups...

Good decision to sell. Went all the way down to $110. Now at $115

  

Yeah. Luckily, I intended to flip it instead and buy and hold. In hindsight, I should I tossed it when it broke 150. Live and learn. 


Edit: The real tragedy is I was eyeing the 160 weekly puts for 0.60 but thought that social media was just too hot to bet against.... Nearly 90X gain overnight.

rated:
Got into some dead cat bounce (hopefully) options

LNKD - 5 calls Feb 16 120/130 call spread at $2.50
DATA - 10 calls Feb 16 50 call at $0.60
QLIK - 10 calls for Feb 16 21.50 calls at $1.30 (earnings next week)

rated:
orangecrushv said:   TSLA keeps tempting me but then each day I'm happy I didn't pull the trigger when it falls another 5%.... One of these days I'll wish I jumped in... Anyone have a Target on it?
  From the look of things, I would say $30 is a safe bet...$120 is reasonable though.

rated:
looks like market is crashing. Goodnight sweet gains

rated:
Woooo cop down 9% yesterday and 7% today. That was a good long-term buy ha

rated:
ICMATULKASPRMKY said:   Woooo cop down 9% yesterday and 7% today. That was a good long-term buy ha
  

So many companies have waterfall charts. COP looks like it wants to hit the 2009 lows of around 28. The drop from the 2014 highs to current lows is even larger than the drop from the 2008 highs to the 2009 lows. The coal companies, then the rest of the commodities companies and oil companies. Now some of the bank stocks have declined a bunch. And some of the high flying tech stocks are dropping. 


But what I really want to know is who are the geniuses that bought the extreme out of the money lnkd puts yesterday? Now talk about good "long"-term buys. 

rated:
Wow LNKD below 110... I hope it goes below 100 today.

rated:
umcsom said:   Holy DATA batman
  
Goddamn it I was going long on DATA. Should've bought some puts to protect my holdings. Lesson learned: always protect your high-growth stocks with put options.

rated:
so whos portfolio is in the gutter?

rated:
fatwa113t3r said:   
usernamemax20charact said:   
fatwa113t3r said:   
usernamemax20charact said:   
fatwa113t3r said:   
usernamemax20charact said:   

LNKD down 23.14%

Down on a beat too.

EPS of 94 cents vs 78 cents estimate. Revenue of $862 million vs $858 million estimate.

Weak  guidance seems to be why. Q1 EPS guidance is 55 cents and revenue is $820 million vs estimates for EPS of 75 cents and revenue of $868.3 million

If I wasn't bagholding LNKD, I would have taken a swipe at DATA at 50... I originally was chasing LNKD at 150, but that order didn't fill so I chased it at 155. Now I'm caught.  

It's back to the early May 2014 lows.

Support?

Who knows with these high flying social media stocks... Just hoping it can summon its inner GPRO and move back up.

Edit: Out 140. Ef me. My two trades so far ( GPRO and LNKD ). Colossal ef ups...

Good decision to sell. Went all the way down to $110. Now at $115

Yeah. Luckily, I intended to flip it instead and buy and hold. In hindsight, I should I tossed it when it broke 150. Live and learn. 

Edit: The real tragedy is I was eyeing the 160 weekly puts for 0.60 but thought that social media was just too hot to bet against.... Nearly 90X gain overnight.
 


I think the take away from this is that there's only one FB and GOOGL. Every other internet/social media company (LNKD, YHOO, TWTR, Yelp,...) pales by comparison.

Buy your puts because TWTR and Yelp are going down next week.

rated:
ICMATULKASPRMKY said:   so whos portfolio is in the gutter?
Shouldn't that be "who's portfolio isn't in the gutter?" 

rated:
usernamemax20charact said:   
ICMATULKASPRMKY said:   so whos portfolio is in the gutter?
Shouldn't that be "who's portfolio isn't in the gutter?" 

  I sold everything in December! Dodged a bullet.

rated:
usernamemax20charact said:   
fatwa113t3r said:   
usernamemax20charact said:   
fatwa113t3r said:   
usernamemax20charact said:   
fatwa113t3r said:   
usernamemax20charact said:   

LNKD down 23.14%

Down on a beat too.

EPS of 94 cents vs 78 cents estimate. Revenue of $862 million vs $858 million estimate.

Weak  guidance seems to be why. Q1 EPS guidance is 55 cents and revenue is $820 million vs estimates for EPS of 75 cents and revenue of $868.3 million

If I wasn't bagholding LNKD, I would have taken a swipe at DATA at 50... I originally was chasing LNKD at 150, but that order didn't fill so I chased it at 155. Now I'm caught.  

It's back to the early May 2014 lows.

Support?

Who knows with these high flying social media stocks... Just hoping it can summon its inner GPRO and move back up.

Edit: Out 140. Ef me. My two trades so far ( GPRO and LNKD ). Colossal ef ups...

Good decision to sell. Went all the way down to $110. Now at $115

Yeah. Luckily, I intended to flip it instead and buy and hold. In hindsight, I should I tossed it when it broke 150. Live and learn. 

Edit: The real tragedy is I was eyeing the 160 weekly puts for 0.60 but thought that social media was just too hot to bet against.... Nearly 90X gain overnight.


I think the take away from this is that there's only one FB and GOOGL. Every other internet/social media company (LNKD, YHOO, TWTR, Yelp,...) pales by comparison.

Buy your puts because TWTR and Yelp are going down next week.

  LinkedIn may have potential because their service is distinct from others'. Of course they have to find a way to make consistent revenue and profit now. Facebook is the king of all social network companies, and can even overtake Google in ads and market cap in the next 5-10 years.

rated:
I doubled down on FTR when it dropped last month on the 20th. Sold 2/3's of it this week and going to wait for another pull back to buy back in. I am sitting pretty well for the year. DATA was a nice bonus for me too.

rated:
Maybe some folks out there are finally realizing that companies who lose money every single quarter are not worth anything.  

Tableau has been on the scene with a pretty polished product since like 2005.  In 10 years they still havent figured out how to turn a profit.  Their business model is terrible... going after mom and pop shops for 500 dollars a piece is never going to make money.

Real companies have real BI tools.

rated:
jd2010 said:   Maybe some folks out there are finally realizing that companies who lose money every single quarter are not worth anything.  

Tableau has been on the scene with a pretty polished product since like 2005.  In 10 years they still havent figured out how to turn a profit.  Their business model is terrible... going after mom and pop shops for 500 dollars a piece is never going to make money.

Real companies have real BI tools.

Internet bubble 2.0 ? 

rated:
user1337 said:   
usernamemax20charact said:   
ICMATULKASPRMKY said:   so whos portfolio is in the gutter?
Shouldn't that be "who's portfolio isn't in the gutter?" 

  I sold everything in December! Dodged a bullet.

  What made you sell everything in December?

rated:
goodnight sweet internet/oil stocks.

rated:
Crazy how a 4+ year bull market cratered in 1 month and all gains went poof

rated:
ICMATULKASPRMKY said:   Crazy how a 4+ year bull market cratered in 1 month and all gains went poof
  
So far, only the 2014-2015 gains have been wiped out. 2015 was a loss year. This is simply an extension of the losses from 2015.

rated:
HiLine said:   
ICMATULKASPRMKY said:   Crazy how a 4+ year bull market cratered in 1 month and all gains went poof
  
So far, only the 2014-2015 gains have been wiped out. 2015 was a loss year. This is simply an extension of the losses from 2015.

  What if you didn't own anything until mid 2015

rated:
ICMATULKASPRMKY said:   
HiLine said:   
ICMATULKASPRMKY said:   Crazy how a 4+ year bull market cratered in 1 month and all gains went poof
  
So far, only the 2014-2015 gains have been wiped out. 2015 was a loss year. This is simply an extension of the losses from 2015.

  What if you didn't own anything until mid 2015

  then you should have plenty of dry powder to buy the dip?

rated:
GOOG down another $25 . Regretting buying at $760 and not selling at $800+

rated:
Added more SBUX today. 

rated:
lutgaya said:   GOOG down another $25 . Regretting buying at $760 and not selling at $800+
Crazy to see FANG became DANG this weeek

rated:

NFLX (189.98kB)
Disclaimer
Could NFLX fill that April 15-16, 2015 gap where it went from $67 to $80? Not that it means anything in this market, but there's strong support at around $67

  • Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply
     
    Click here for full-featured reply.
  • 12063206420652066 2067
  • Page
  • Previous 40


Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016