• filter:
  • 11631 1632 1633163416351748
  • Page
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
Where is that guy who made a very bullish bet on FB 6 months ago right prior to the earnings report.  I think he bought 10K worth of calls, which turned into 100K.  He had access to some advertiser spending reports, saw the spending go up and after poor YHOO/GOOG reports figured out the advertising money must have been going into FB.  I am curious if he is bullish on FB still ...

rated:
BBY is in rut, doesn't look like it want to come back.

rated:
Some unusual activity in FIO Sept calls, not in on it, own the stock.....

rated:
So tapering from 85 billion to 75 billion = market spike. But tapering from 75 to 65 = 200 points down. Clearly the PERFECT amount was 75 billion and the market is reacting as such. So dumb.

rated:
Market was already down before the announcement. People are just looking for any reason to pull out some profits at this point.

rated:
I've officially given up on AAPL.

Its over. Growth is OVER. I'm exiting the next decent exit price.

As long as Tim Cook is CEO Apple will continue to fail to defend its stock and fail to have vision and take action.
Apple should have been able to foresee the big phone trend. Or at least react to it. The Galaxy S2 has been out for THREE YEARS and Apple still has no big phone. Samsung has sold over 200,000,000 top end phones the last two years. Thats where all the iPhone growth went, to Samsung.

What else is pathetic is Tim Cooks inability to foresee that the high-end smartphone/tablet market is saturated. Samsung foresaw this in early 2013. Yet only now Cook sees it. And its too late. Knowing that saturation was near they should have released a NEW mid-range phone at $350 in 2013 to continue unit grow and revenue grow AND profit growth.

I'm throwing in the towel. I'm lucky I won't be losing much. I may buy a few shares once Cook is fired or if they release a really awesome new product line. Till then I'm out. FU Cook. FU for allowing $200,000,000,000 in market cap to desolve in the last 18 months.

rated:
rgthree said:   I've officially given up on AAPL.

As long as Tim Cook is CEO Apple will continue to fail to defend its stock and fail to have vision and take action.
Apple should have been able to foresee the big phone trend. Or at least react to it. The Galaxy S2 has been out for THREE YEARS and Apple still has no big phone. Samsung has sold over 200,000,000 top end phones the last two years. Thats where all the iPhone growth went, to Samsung.

What else is pathetic is Tim Cooks inability to foresee that the high-end smartphone/tablet market is saturated. Samsung foresaw this in early 2013. Yet only now Cook sees it. And its too late. Knowing that saturation was near they should have released a NEW mid-range phone at $350 in 2013 to continue unit grow and revenue grow AND profit growth.

I'm throwing in the towel. I'm lucky I won't be losing much. I may buy a few shares once Cook is fired or if they release a really awesome new product line. Till then I'm out. FU Cook. FU for allowing $200,000,000,000 in market cap to desolve in the last 18 months.

Well with history as an indicator, Im now in for $25k

rated:
jd2010 said:   

Well with history as an indicator, Im now in for $25k

LOL

rated:

Someone hacked your account.

rated:

Didn't you buy 100 more shares just YESTERDAY?  Did I miss something that happened in one day to cause you to change your opinion so drastically?

rated:
$50,000 is nothing for him.

rated:
Sold 150 AAPL shares at $500.
I've finally faced reality. This is one POS stock at $500.

I won't be surprise if we test $450 sometime in March

rated:
Cindy716 said:   

Didn't you buy 100 more shares just YESTERDAY?  Did I miss something that happened in one day to cause you to change your opinion so drastically?

Yes i did. And sold it today for an $800 loss.  Big deal.  Better than losing $5000 by March.  This POS is going to $450.

I still hold 150 shares and will dump during the next run up to $530 area.

rated:
Cindy716 said:   

I realized Tim Cook is a POS CEO for Apple at this time.
Without the right leadership they won't go anywhere.

rated:
rgthree said:   Sold 150 AAPL shares at $500.
I've finally faced reality. This is one POS stock at $500.

I won't be surprise if we test $450 sometime in March

Great company but bad stock. AAPL made $13B after Billions in stock buybacks and dividends and even that is not enough for wall street crooks.

rated:
rgthree said:   
Cindy716 said:   

“Be Fearful When Others Are Greedy and Greedy When Others Are Fearful”

rated:
spacecadet610 said:   
rgthree said:   
Cindy716 said:   

My fears stem from reality.  The only way Apple goes above $550 again is if they release an amazing new product or start focusing on market share with midrange phones.  Both of those won't be happenning for another six months.

My fair value of Apple now is at $420-$450.
Assigning a PE of 11 with $40 EPS.
If it drops to $430 area I'll probably buy back again

rated:
rgthree said:   
spacecadet610 said:   
rgthree said:   
Cindy716 said:   

My fears stem from reality.  The only way Apple goes above $550 again is if they release an amazing new product or start focusing on market share with midrange phones.  Both of those won't be happenning for another six months.

My fair value of Apple now is at $420-$450.
Assigning a PE of 11 with $40 EPS.
If it drops to $430 area I'll probably buy back again

Or... like... you know... tomorrow it could go to 550 on no news and just randomly because. Want me to buy a 450 put to show you how quickly it can go back to 550?

rated:
heyeaglefn said:   

Must've been hacked.

Says Apple "should have released a NEW mid-range phone at $350 in 2013 to continue unit grow and revenue grow AND profit growth" yet back on Sept. 16 and Sept. 17, 2013 he said:
rgthree said:   Analyst expecting Apple to sell a $400 brand new phone are idiots. You don't sacrifice profits just to get market share especially if you are a premium brand. MercBenz sells about 1.2M cars a year in a 15M car industry. Do you think Merc will start selling $20k cars to gain more market share? It would only hurt their Billion Dollar brand image and cause massive canibalization in the low end.

All Apple cares about is the top 15-20% of the market. Show me a single phone maker who makes massive profits selling $300-$400 phones. There is none. Currently only Apple and Samsung make material profits on smartphones. I have yet to see an evidence that Samsung makes any decent margins on their $300 phones. So why would Apple waste their time on a segment that makes no profit at all? And at the same time damage their brand name that is literally worth billions in goodwill?

Selling a $400 phone would cause massive margin drops unless it was a crap phone.  The iPhone5 was selling for $650 just a week ago.  So are you telling me that swapping a metal case for a plastic case will decrease the cost by $250?  That's totally ridiculous.  At most the plastic case is only saving Apple $25 in costs.  So you expect Apple to lower their margins from 60% to 25% just to sell more phones?  LOL.  Remember when everyone said the iPadMini was too expensive at $330?  The iPod to expensive at $399?  The original iPhone too expensive?  Analysis have been wrong so many times about the way Apple prices products its a joke.

rgthree said:   Why doesn't Apple make a $400 phone?

Show me ONE SINGLE phone maker who makes significant money selling $400 phones. There is none. Only Apple/Samsung make any money in smartphones. Samsung makes basically ZERO selling their $200-$400. And very soon they won't be selling those either because the Chinese companies will under price them with $100 phones. Other companies can race to the bottom if they want, Apple isn't.

A $400 5c would be AWESOME for the consumer. We can all agree on that. But so would a $50,000 Ferrari.

People have been telling him Apple could turn into a Sony, but he adamantly denied that possibility. Jun. 6, 2013 @ 8:21a:
rgthree said:   
DFW06 said:   Here is a fact. You know Sony used to be king right? There was time when people would only buy Sony products. Invest accordingly.

Sony was NEVER as big as Apple. Never. Even at its peak (not counting 2000 bubble) Sony never even reached $100 Billion market cap.

Second thought I'd like Apple to be more like Sony. And have Sony's P/E ratio of almost 40.

Sony never dominated the profit game like Apple does.
Apple makes DOUBLE the profit of Dell, Intel, Asus, Acer , IBM, HP, and leveno COMBINED.
Apple makes DOUBLE the profit of Disney, News Corp, Time Warner, Viacom, and Comcast COMBINED.
Apple makes more profit than Microsoft, eBay, Google, Yahoo, Facebook, Amazon, Nokia, HTC, and Blackberry, COMBINED.

I just LOL every time he posts.
rgthree said:   Dec. 13, 2013 @ 7:55a
I think the chances of it going to 570 is 80% while the chances it going to $550 is 20% in the immediate future.  This way my maximum loss will be $500.

I thought everyone had him on ignore.

rated:
borisr said:   Where is that guy who made a very bullish bet on FB 6 months ago right prior to the earnings report.  I think he bought 10K worth of calls, which turned into 100K.  He had access to some advertiser spending reports, saw the spending go up and after poor YHOO/GOOG reports figured out the advertising money must have been going into FB.  I am curious if he is bullish on FB still ...

His handle is shadyaznboi1978 or something like that

rated:
Lessons from example of rgthree:

Don't trade on your emotions.

Be open to other people's opinions.

Buy low, sell high.

rated:
usernamemax20charact said:   
heyeaglefn said:   

Must've been hacked.

Says Apple "should have released a NEW mid-range phone at $350 in 2013 to continue unit grow and revenue grow AND profit growth" yet back on Sept. 16 and Sept. 17, 2013 he said:
rgthree said:   Analyst expecting Apple to sell a $400 brand new phone are idiots. You don't sacrifice profits just to get market share especially if you are a premium brand. MercBenz sells about 1.2M cars a year in a 15M car industry. Do you think Merc will start selling $20k cars to gain more market share? It would only hurt their Billion Dollar brand image and cause massive canibalization in the low end.

All Apple cares about is the top 15-20% of the market. Show me a single phone maker who makes massive profits selling $300-$400 phones. There is none. Currently only Apple and Samsung make material profits on smartphones. I have yet to see an evidence that Samsung makes any decent margins on their $300 phones. So why would Apple waste their time on a segment that makes no profit at all? And at the same time damage their brand name that is literally worth billions in goodwill?

Selling a $400 phone would cause massive margin drops unless it was a crap phone.  The iPhone5 was selling for $650 just a week ago.  So are you telling me that swapping a metal case for a plastic case will decrease the cost by $250?  That's totally ridiculous.  At most the plastic case is only saving Apple $25 in costs.  So you expect Apple to lower their margins from 60% to 25% just to sell more phones?  LOL.  Remember when everyone said the iPadMini was too expensive at $330?  The iPod to expensive at $399?  The original iPhone too expensive?  Analysis have been wrong so many times about the way Apple prices products its a joke.

Show me ONE SINGLE phone maker who makes significant money selling $400 phones. There is none. Only Apple/Samsung make any money in smartphones. Samsung makes basically ZERO selling their $200-$400. And very soon they won't be selling those either because the Chinese companies will under price them with $100 phones. Other companies can race to the bottom if they want, Apple isn't.

A $400 5c would be AWESOME for the consumer. We can all agree on that. But so would a $50,000 Ferrari.

People have been telling him Apple could turn into a Sony, but he adamantly denied that possibility. Jun. 6, 2013 @ 8:21a:
rgthree said:   
DFW06 said:   Here is a fact. You know Sony used to be king right? There was time when people would only buy Sony products. Invest accordingly.

Sony was NEVER as big as Apple. Never. Even at its peak (not counting 2000 bubble) Sony never even reached $100 Billion market cap.

Second thought I'd like Apple to be more like Sony. And have Sony's P/E ratio of almost 40.

Apple makes DOUBLE the profit of Dell, Intel, Asus, Acer , IBM, HP, and leveno COMBINED.
Apple makes DOUBLE the profit of Disney, News Corp, Time Warner, Viacom, and Comcast COMBINED.
Apple makes more profit than Microsoft, eBay, Google, Yahoo, Facebook, Amazon, Nokia, HTC, and Blackberry, COMBINED.

I think the chances of it going to 570 is 80% while the chances it going to $550 is 20% in the immediate future.  This way my maximum loss will be $500.

I was f'king wrong about high end smartphone saturation.  I thought Apple had a year or two left of 20% unit growth.  I was wrong. Sue me.

I still don't think they will be Sony though.  They still can be a high end brand and sell $350 phones.  Look at Samsung.  They sell $99 phones and they still sell 75,000,000 high end phones a year.

rated:
rgthree said:   
Cindy716 said:   

Yes i did. And sold it today for an $800 loss.  Big deal.  Better than losing $5000 by March.  This POS is going to $450.

I wasn't referring to the fact that you sold for a small loss.  I was referring to you saying yesterday that you were going down with the ship after you bought those shares.  Of course you can trade however you want, but it seems drastic to me.

rated:
Let's go AMZN.

Amazon AWS has been really popular in the tech industry. I wonder how much of an impact it'll have on their earnings.

rated:
holla said:   
borisr said:   Where is that guy who made a very bullish bet on FB 6 months ago right prior to the earnings report.  I think he bought 10K worth of calls, which turned into 100K.  He had access to some advertiser spending reports, saw the spending go up and after poor YHOO/GOOG reports figured out the advertising money must have been going into FB.  I am curious if he is bullish on FB still ...

assuming you're talking about me... that wasn't me.  I think that was tonyspero.

rated:
aznshadoboy77 said:   
holla said:   

assuming you're talking about me... that wasn't me.  I think that was tonyspero.

It was user1337. http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/finance/962217/m17877150/#m17877...

rated:

Please Define "decent exit price"
As I am curious.

rated:
pduan87 said:     It was user1337. http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/finance/962217/m17877150/#m17877...

Oh, oops.  My apologies.

rated:
FB up on beat.

Q4 EPS of $0.31 vs estimates of $0.27... Revenue of $2.59 Billion vs estimates of $2.33 Billion.

Facebook's Profit Surges on Mobile Ad Growth 

• Monthly active users: 1.23 billion, up 16%.
  • Mobile monthly active users: 945 million, up 39%.
  • Revenue for the full year 2013 was $7.87 billion, an increase of 55% year-over-year.
  • Mobile ad revenue was 53% of total revenue.

rated:
counterkor said:   Let's go AMZN.

Amazon AWS has been really popular in the tech industry. I wonder how much of an impact it'll have on their earnings.

Their current EPS is 0.28, so AWS may bump it to 29 cents.
Seriously, AMZN stock makes me sick. A $175B market cap company can't make even a buck per share. And people complain about AAPL making $40/share (with 2x more shares outstanding than AMZN).

rated:
usernamemax20charact said:   FB up on beat.

Q4 EPS of $0.31 vs estimates of $0.27... Revenue of $2.59 Billion vs estimates of $2.33 Billion.

$57+ now. Damn, shouldn't have sold $55 calls

rated:
davef139 said:   

Please Define "decent exit price"
As I am curious.

$530
That will give me a $3000 loss

rated:
Cindy716 said:   
rgthree said:   
Cindy716 said:   

I wasn't referring to the fact that you sold for a small loss.  I was referring to you saying yesterday that you were going down with the ship after you bought those shares.  Of course you can trade however you want, but it seems drastic to me.

ship went down already.  I'm now in the water swimming for the shore

rated:
spacecadet610 said:   Lessons from example of rgthree:

Don't trade on your emotions.

Be open to other people's opinions.

Buy low, sell high.

This was a case of fitting observations to a preexisting narrative.

I was admittedly not a fan of his sometimes combative posts.  But I give him credit for both putting himself out there to begin with, and conceding when he was wrong.

rated:
I guess rgthree throwing in the towel is bigger news (and relief) than FB results here in FWF.

rated:
FB's mobile ad revenue went from 30% (Q1 2013) of total revenue to 41% (Q2 2013) to 49% (Q3 2013) to 53% (Q4 2014) of total revenue.

Facebook   accounted for about 6% of the worldwide digital ad revenue last year, up 4% from 2012, according to eMarketer. Google   had 32.4%, up from 31.5%

So YHOO is losing to FB again, and maybe even GOOG. We'll know how GOOG did when they report tomorrow. My guess is they did just fine.

I wonder how TWTR is going to do. They report next week... Wednesday, Feb. 5 after close.

rated:
Well WTF man I can't help myself.
I bought 100 shares AAPL at $500.25

Pathetic, I know.
Dont be like me kids.

Hold 250 shares with $540 basis.
ugh.

rated:
How many people here look at broader technicals such as the S&P? I keep seeing folks refer to the 1765 level in the S&P, even very bullish people.

If we break through that level, will that be a signal to any of you to exit your individual positions?

rated:
Sometimes I wonder if a psychology graduate student has set up an alert to whenever rgthree posts to this thread.

rated:
rgthree said:   
usernamemax20charact said:   
heyeaglefn said:   

Must've been hacked.

rgthree said:   

I was f'king wrong about high end smartphone saturation.  I thought Apple had a year or two left of 20% unit growth.  I was wrong. Sue me.

I still don't think they will be Sony though.  They still can be a high end brand and sell $350 phones.  Look at Samsung.  They sell $99 phones and they still sell 75,000,000 high end phones a year.

Well I commend you for realizing your weakness and moving on.  I am probably the only one here.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.
  • 11631 1632 1633163416351748
  • Page

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014