• Go to page :
  • 1 234
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
no DD required
no minimum balance requirement
25$ min to open
account must be active to avoid maintenance fee, by using check card, checks, DD, etc

link

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
WOW, the current deals at Perkstreet are very pitiful and unperky! Not worth it. I'd rather open up a Chase Checking Acc... (more)

bankdealsrule (Apr. 13, 2010 @ 12:04a) |

Anyone get the survey offer?

Wish I could have picked more than one answer for this question:

Which of the following do yo... (more)

drieendertig (May. 05, 2010 @ 12:36p) |

lol...I would have picked both answers too if I could

lowfoo (May. 05, 2010 @ 8:15p) |

Routing Number is 031101114

Account must be open and active for 3 straight months before bonus is deposited.

Offer expires 2/28/10

Valid for first-time PerkStreet Financial checking account customers only.

To check the status of your $50 signup bonus, login, click on the green "myPerks" button. There is another link at the bottom of page that allow you to check the status of your bonuses you may be eligible for. It will tell you when you can expect you bonus as well as any expiration of a bonus (i.e. 1st sig purchase for $5 perks expired back in december). Check the award dates there.
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

$4.50 monthly fee for an inactive account, though a deposit or online billpay will satisfy this.

If someone can confirm no hardpull, I'm in. I would email customer service for the info, but last time I tried that (BB&T), it was a lie.

peteron said: http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/finance/260724

not in the list, seems no hard

The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

New bank it seems, I'll let a few guinea pigs go first. I did send an email to check though.

I signed up. You can fund $500 max via CC (VISA/MC) for initial deposit. Subsequent funding via CC comes with a 2.5% fee.

looks like a new bank focused solely on checking accounts.

The site says its FDIC insured under Bancorp Bank (#35444)

All right I'm in, so where is jackcrawfish?

CRS claims a soft pull only. Can anyone tell the diff between a regular and a "plus" account?

Edit, nevermind, I see the "plus" includes overdraft. I'm in as well.

I will basically avoid the overdraft option. It's highly likely a hard pull if you choose overdraft.

VerbalK said: CRS claims a soft pull only. Can anyone tell the diff between a regular and a "plus" account?

Edit, nevermind, I see the "plus" includes overdraft. I'm in as well.

I'm game

Looks like we have to wait 3 months to get the bonus. Maybe I'll give it a go.

Did anyone use a reference code? Also, did anyone receive confirmation that they were eligible for the bonus after signing up?

is it Perk or Park??

I signed up and funded $500 w/credit card. Here goes nothing.

Anyone know the routing number?

chimmy826 said: I signed up. You can fund $500 max via CC (VISA/MC) for initial deposit. Subsequent funding via CC comes with a 2.5% fee.

Initial funding by CC shows up as purchase rather than Cash Advance? Which CC did you use?

umafuaba said: I signed up and funded $500 w/credit card. Here goes nothing.

Anyone know the routing number?

Routing Number is 031101114 according to CSR.

I signed up but have yet to receive the email instructing me how to access my account? Has anyone been able to get access to the account yet?

umafuaba said: I signed up and funded $500 w/credit card. Here goes nothing.
With minimum opening deposit of $25, why are folks funding with $500?

monto888 said: umafuaba said: I signed up and funded $500 w/credit card. Here goes nothing.

Probably to earn the % on their CC.

umafuaba said: I signed up but have yet to receive the email instructing me how to access my account? Has anyone been able to get access to the account yet?

It arrived about two days after I opened the account.

monto888 said: umafuaba said: I signed up and funded $500 w/credit card. Here goes nothing.

Schwab 2% Cash Back card...

Has anyone's transaction posted?

skwz said: Has anyone's transaction posted?

Credit Card transaction? If so, then yes it did, but it took about three business days.

chimmy826 said: skwz said: Has anyone's transaction posted?

Credit Card transaction? If so, then yes it did, but it took about three business days.

Did it show up as a purchase or a cash advance?

Also, I'm confused where another poster above said they charge 2% for funding from credit cards. Is this true?

onebigchub said: chimmy826 said: skwz said: Has anyone's transaction posted?

Did it show up as a purchase or a cash advance?

Also, I'm confused where another poster above said they charge 2% for funding from credit cards. Is this true?

Yes, for additional, future funding of your account. Initial funding is counted as a purchase, at least for me.

Can anyone verify that there was no hard pull? So far, all I've seen is someone quoting a CSR, which isn't that reassuring.

From
http://www.maximizingmoney.com/banking-bonus-deals/perkstreet-financial-checking-account-50-banking-bonus/
To receive the $50 bonus and avoid a monthly fee on your account, you must do any of the following at least once each month: make a transaction with your debit card, write a check that clears the account, use Online Bill Pay, initiate a withdrawal, or make a deposit to the account.

Does anyone know if an ING Direct ACH push (transfer) count as a deposit?

I can't imagine an ING push wouldn't constitute a "deposit". Remember, you only have to make a deposit, not a direct deposit, monthly for this promo.

Just received this email from them:

PerkStreet CSR said: Thank you for your account application. Unfortunately, your account application has been denied by our new accounts department. You will be receiving a letter explaining the reason for the bank’s decision, please refer to it for additional details.

Best Regards,

Customer Service
Perkstreet Bank
866-792-2834

Too many recent ChexSystem inquiries maybe? I'll wait for the letter.

Does anyone know if there is a fee to withdraw money to an external account?

In registering a external bank account it says, "A convenience fee does apply to outgoing transfers." But I can't find anywhere where it says what that fee is.

My PERKSTREET CHECKING account appears on https://www.digitalbancorpbank.com/onlineserv/HB/HomeBanking.cgi...

This is on hthworldwidebank.com site, which is the online arm of bancorpbank.com. I used to have ONEPOINT CHECKING with hthworldwidebank.com, so both accounts now appear alongside each other. Is this the same with the rest of you who opened a new PERKSTREET CHECKING account for the bonus?

AugustFour said: My PERKSTREET CHECKING account appears on https://www.digitalbancorpbank.com/onlineserv/HB/HomeBanking.cgi...

This is on hthworldwidebank.com site, which is the online arm of bancorpbank.com. I used to have ONEPOINT CHECKING with hthworldwidebank.com, so both accounts now appear alongside each other. Is this the same with the rest of you who opened a new PERKSTREET CHECKING account for the bonus?

Yeah, it works... but, while listed, I still can't get through with mint.com

These guys do a good job and even send you checks. My problem is they haven't emailed me a username/password so i can see my account online.

umafuaba said: Just received this email from them:

PerkStreet CSR said: Thank you for your account application. Unfortunately, your account application has been denied by our new accounts department. You will be receiving a letter explaining the reason for the bank’s decision, please refer to it for additional details.

Best Regards,

Customer Service
Perkstreet Bank
866-792-2834

Too many recent ChexSystem inquiries maybe? I'll wait for the letter.

They dinged me because of "an unsatisfactory report from ChexSystems". I don't think there's anything negative in my Chex report, except I've opened lots of accounts. I'm not sure if applications for CDs go through Chex routinely, but it's especially lame to be rejected for a deposit account because of maintaining "legitimate" CD ladders.

A few things I noticed:
-People need to read the Full Disclosures and Schedule of Fees for account before opening.
-Deposits do not earn interest. Minimum deposit $25.
-You must keep track of your purchases so that you never overdraft; fees are high!
-YMMV for bonus; $50 or $75 or $100 bonus offers available (may vary by your home state and in)
-Bonus posts to account within 15 days after having "active" account for 3 months
-The "PLUS" perk account with overdraft protection cause hard pull inquiry. Not sure without it.
-If you make non-PIN purchases on your birthday, you get 25% more perks.

My username is my SS#, which is displayed in full when logged in. Could be stolen by
malicious screen capture code.

When I got the log in email, it told me to go and change it ASAP in the "User Options" tab.

bankdealsrule said: A few things I noticed:
-People need to read the Full Disclosures and Schedule of Fees for account before opening.

When should someone NOT read the disclosures
-Deposits do not earn interest. Minimum deposit $25.

Oh noes, no .01% interest on my $25
-You must keep track of your purchases so that you never overdraft; fees are high!

If you can't keep track of balances, you have no business signing up for online banks for bonues... and $30 NSF fee is pretty standard
-YMMV for bonus; $50 or $75 or $100 bonus offers available (may vary by your home state and in)
Where do you see anything other than $50
-Bonus posts to account within 15 days after having "active" account for 3 months
We know

-The "PLUS" perk account with overdraft protection cause hard pull inquiry. Not sure without it.

No pull for me without the PLUS. Overdraft protection is for suckers
-If you make non-PIN purchases on your birthday, you get 25% more perks.

Just saw that... Don't see any caps or limits... 1.25% on anything is better than anything I have now (though the Schwab card is still around), but not sure if I could time a massive coin purchase on my birthday.

VerbalK said: bankdealsrule said:
Where do you see anything other than $50

Google, Yahoo, or YYFSE. It could be dependent on where you live or your internet.

Skipping 89 Messages...
lol...I would have picked both answers too if I could

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014