• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
https://www.bbvacompass.com/special/200910/touch/

*To qualify for this offer, you must (1) by December 15, 2009, open a new BBVA Compass Build-to-Order consumer checking account with a minimum deposit of at least $100, (2) within 6 weeks of account opening, your paychecks must begin to be directly deposited into your new checking account at least once each statement cycle. In order to receive these required direct deposits, you must instruct your employer to deposit your paychecks electronically into your new checking account. If your employer does not offer direct deposit of paychecks, you will not qualify for this offer. At 6 months your account will be verified again to confirm you are still meeting the payroll direct deposit requirement. If not, BBVA Compass will debit $180 (the approximate cost of the iPod touch) from your checking account. This offer is available only while supplies last, cannot be combined with any other special offer, and does not apply to anyone who already has a BBVA Compass checking account. You must pay for shipping and handling of the iPod touch. Limit one iPod touch per household. Gift is provided through Mpell Solutions, LLC, an incentive fulfillment company based in San Diego, CA, that handles the processing and fulfillment of this gift. By claiming this gift, you acknowledge that BBVA Compass may report its value to the IRS as required by law. iPhone and iPod touch are registered trademarks of AppleŽ Inc. All rights reserved. This promotional offer is not endorsed, sponsored by or affiliated with Apple Inc. Accounts and check card are subject to approval.

See linky for mo info.

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
I got it yesterday. It was a pleasant surprise since I gave up on getting it two months ago. I had customer service issu... (more)

musicdef13 (Mar. 28, 2010 @ 4:58p) |

Strangely, my husband told me yesterday that he heard an ad promoting this offer on the radio *yesterday* but I can't fi... (more)

nananamom (Apr. 07, 2010 @ 11:29a) |

Interesting... I scoured a few different links all with no luck on finding that particular promo. What city/state are y... (more)

PhDeez (Apr. 08, 2010 @ 8:04p) |

Only for Alabama, Arizona, Colorado, Florida, New Mexico and Texas residents. Lucky SOBs!
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Darn...

U.S. residents of states other than Alabama, Arizona, Colorado, Florida, New Mexico and Texas, individuals under the age of 18 (19 in Alabama) and BBVA Compass employees are not eligible.

haner said:
U.S. residents of states other than Alabama, Arizona, Colorado, Florida, New Mexico and Texas, individuals under the age of 18 (19 in Alabama) and BBVA Compass employees are not eligible.

well that narrows it down a little bit.

hmm, will ach push do the trick?

At 6 months your account will be verified again to confirm you are still meeting the payroll direct deposit requirement. If not, BBVA Compass will debit $180 (the approximate cost of the iPod touch) from your checking account.

So it looks like the ACH push (if that even works) has to be recurring every month

How much for shipping and handling? for nano they used to had $9.99, you have to pay by money order.

$9.95 S&H Pay by Money order or cashiers check
vsk said: How much for shipping and handling? for nano they used to had $9.99, you have to pay by money order.

Does anyone does an ACH push work?

does anyone know if a monthly paypal deposit will count for the monthly employer deposit?
(anyone know from their earlier similar promos?)
as for the earlier question about S&H: yes, it's $9.95 (may want to ask at the local bank if they have one in stock).

i completed the application and got approved . Make a note that there is a hard pull on your credit report .

Does anyone with payroll or banking experience know what qualifies as a direct deposit? I know it is ACH but is it a special kind of ACH? There seems to be no restriction on what percentage of your paycheck gets deposited, and I know some companies can deposit your money into multiple accounts each pay period. So you could easily deposit a small portion of your paycheck into the account.

broomhill said: Does anyone with payroll or banking experience know what qualifies as a direct deposit? I know it is ACH but is it a special kind of ACH? There seems to be no restriction on what percentage of your paycheck gets deposited, and I know some companies can deposit your money into multiple accounts each pay period. So you could easily deposit a small portion of your paycheck into the account.
There is no explicit definition and whether regular ACH push qualifies as a DD is dependent on the bank. From experience, large banks like BoA, Chase treat an ACH push as a DD but smaller banks can sometimes get picky. Many do allow for other sources of regular deposits (e.g. Social sec. check) to be treated as DD.

Regarding the amount, you can sometimes get away with depositing a portion of your paycheck, subject any minimum specified by the bank fine print. However, there have been cases of banks insisting on a FULL paycheck and asking for a paystub copy for proof. In short, anything short of a full direct deposit of an actual paycheck is YMMV.

Guessing this is a second generation ipod touch?

Has anyone done this and had the redemption certificate emailed to them? I'm still waiting on mine. I've never seen a bank take so long to activate a basic account such as this.

I got the redemption certificate pretty quickly. Haven't received the ipod though.

Any updates on this? I am still waiting on the redemption certificate.

I think they renewed the offer for people who haven't got in on this yet. The T&C changed: they've extended the dates from 12/16-12/31/09

I also got the redemption certificate within 1-3 days. Maybe the redemption certificate email got tagged as spam or is in a spam folder?

Anybody received their ipod yet?

Used the online status tool on their website, says mine has been approved and is waiting to be shipped. We'll see how long that takes...

i got my claim code but never receive my redemption certificate. It's been almsot 3 weeks after i submit my claim code on line, is there any phone number i can call?

I didn't sign up for this promotion because the bank had bad financial soundness ratings. I didn't think they would (be around long enough to) give people their iPods.

I've been waiting for my redemption certificate for well over a month now. I've emailed customer service several times who keep telling me to send emails to other email addresses. I feel like I have been getting the runaround and the service hasn't been satisfactory. I finally got an email reply today that restated the terms of the offer and gave the website for the third party that is doing the fulfillment. Unfortunately, since it's been just over a month since I applied and I haven't sent in the form within 30 days, I no longer am eligible for the offer Needless to say, I am pretty bummed about missing out and that I have been getting such sub-par service from them. i am closing my accounts as soon as possible and I will be sure to tell my friends to stay away from this bank.

I received my itouch today. Thanks OP.

Good to know. I received the pre-approved offer from Compass back in November with the code on the mailer. Printed the redemption certificate from the Mpell website, and had everything mailed out to them by Dec 4th. Last week I decided to check the status online, and got the "your certificate has not been received for processing" message. Pretty ridiculous after 5 weeks, right? It costs 5 bucks to find out whether or not a USPS money order has been cashed, so I hope to leave that as a last resort. Finally reached Mpell's crappy customer service by phone after several phone calls where it just rings and rings. The snooty rep checked, and while they like to continue to make it sound like it hasn't been received, the reality seems to be that they do have my mailing, but Compass has not yet given them the go ahead to act on it. I really hate when companies beat around the bush like this, and nearly try and make you sound like the dummy when you're trying to get clarification. Oh, well....I guess I can just hope that Compass gets off their butt. I've already had 2 direct deposits. I'd rather not start dialing my way around Compass, trying to figure out who's keister to kick to get things rolling.

i'm looking for the redemption certs - has anyone got them?
what was the subject?
who was the sender?
how many days after you applied did you get it?

HELP!!!!
thanks all - and thanks OP

Well, I received my iPod Touch on the 20th, even though a check of Mpell's website still shows that certificate remains unprocessed.

The biggest surpise was that I received a 3rd generation unit....which doesn't mean a whole lot in regards to the 8G units, but it should be as about up to date as it can be, particularly with the firmware. That may also allay fears about older or refurb Touches being provided.

anyone that got in on this deal know how to follow up on the status of the claim?
the poster above said they checked MPELL's website - but mpell.com doesn't give you any way to verify a submission.

Contact support@mpellsolutions.com or smagana@mpellsolutions.com or (800) 450-1575

lemonhead said: anyone that got in on this deal know how to follow up on the status of the claim?
the poster above said they checked MPELL's website - but mpell.com doesn't give you any way to verify a submission.

lemonhead said: anyone that got in on this deal know how to follow up on the status of the claim?

They do, but you do have to sort of dig for it.

Try this link:

http://www.mpellcertificates.com/promo/RedemptionStatus.aspx

I wouldn't put too much stock in the results, though. I've had my iPod Touch for just over a month, and Mpell's website still says my claim hasn't been received for processing.

Well, so what do you people think of your new iPod Touch? Been itching to buy one but am on the fence.

DavidScubadiver said: Well, so what do you people think of your new iPod Touch? Been itching to buy one but am on the fence.

It's great. I really couldn't justify purchasing one, but when Compass sent me what was basically a pre-approved offer, I felt like I couldn't pass it up, even with my suspicions about them as a bank. A good friend was never really happy with his Compass account, and when they got bought out by the company in Spain (BBVA), he bailed. So far, they've only screwed up with me once, which was fairly easily rectified by a call to my local branch. Back to the Touch.....really like the interface, and I've basically always been an Apple person, even though most of my computing these days is done on a PC, between work and gaming at home. This is essentially my second "free" iPod, as I won a 4th Gen Mini a few years back from a local TV station. But I was mainly interested in the Touch, not as an mp3 player, but for the PDA/pocket computer aspects of it. I probably won't put much music on it, as I want to leave most of the room for apps, and maybe some pics/videos. Actually, for music I most often use my Sansa Clip (DIRT cheap even new, nowadays), primarily for new podcasts each day....Bob & Tom keep me laughing on my 90 mile commute most weekdays, and I've always got some tunes on there, as well. Probably the best thing about the Touch is that Wi-Fi is not too tough to come by when I need to hit the web. Where I work, the Chamber of Commerce offers Wi-Fi that covers the downtown area, and I always know that if I'm on the road, I can pull into the parking lot of any McDonalds and connect there, not to mention a growing number of other businesses. Even the barebones McDonalds inside the local Wal-Mart has Wi-Fi. I also look forward to getting a microphone adapter (which allows you to use your own headphones...hate all that earbud crap)and explore all the VOIP phone calling options....almost like having an iPhone without the monthly bills. With my iFrogz case and screen protector, I hope to keep the Touch shiny and new for as long as I can.
P.S. The forum software hot-linked iFrogz and Wal-Mart, not me...hmmmm, interesting.....must be because Fat Wallet has linked to good deals with them in the past???

Thanks!

Finally got it. the delivery man(i think it is ups)left it behind the bush at my front porch without any notice. the box is totally wet with the rain last night. I don't know what I should do now. The pod inside seems okay but I have not turned it on yet.

That is very frustrating. I had the exact same thing happen with a Dell computer of mine. Was left in the backyard for 3 days while it stormed!

If the inside was dry I would just plug it in and see what happens. If it was wet, I'd wait a couple days and then turn it on.

I got it yesterday. It was a pleasant surprise since I gave up on getting it two months ago. I had customer service issues, eligibility issues as a result of the customer service issues, and could never get a hold of MPell to ask about eligibility status. My name never came up on the tracking status page either. I sent the forms in anyway just to follow through. I think I got pretty lucky this time around. Needless to say, I am still closing this account in a few months because of all the hassle.

So for anyone who has given up on this too, cross your fingers for some luck?

Strangely, my husband told me yesterday that he heard an ad promoting this offer on the radio *yesterday* but I can't find any evidence that they have extended the promotion. Anyone seen something to that effect?

nananamom said: Strangely, my husband told me yesterday that he heard an ad promoting this offer on the radio *yesterday* but I can't find any evidence that they have extended the promotion. Anyone seen something to that effect?

Interesting... I scoured a few different links all with no luck on finding that particular promo. What city/state are you in? Have you tried calling their number 1-800-COMPASS and asking about it? I missed this one before (and I'm in FL), so I wouldn't mind if they brought it back...

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 12:00AM CST (Midnight) tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.