AMEX gift cards 3% fatcash

Archived From: Finance
  • 123 4 527
  • Page
  • Text Only
Still waiting as well for Monday purchase using the $5.95 off code.

SUCKISSTAPLES said: neophyte said: DaveHanson said: My shipping options for $2K and above are only $12.95 2d day and $15.95 next day UPS, no $7.95 shipping.
Log in into your AMEX, free trial for 90 days will show up
Yes but has anyone received notification of CashBack posting (using FatCash or any site) if using the Premium Shipping option?

It would suck to lose CB just to get free shipping

Mine CB posted from the other 5% site as pending with Premium Shipping.

Edit: purchased on 27th. CB showed up on 30th. cards received on 1st via UPS.

Bought on Mon 11/30, late PM using 5% link from the other site. Chose $99-year/$0-first-3-months shipping option (the card was delivered earlier this morning), no coupon codes. CB has not posted/reported yet. Will start getting concerned if it's not reported tomorrow morning.

best to feel better is not accept delivery or pretend as if u r not home. i dont know if the item gets returned will credit back or not.that is what i do. i felt that when it will be delivered today mornign i was panning not to open it. but luckily in the evening before the thing arrived the CB posted.

I assume someone has bought these with a Citibank card...those who have, what flavor of Citi card was it, and was the transaction posted as a purchase or CA? TIA.

For some reason, sometimes when you call to register you get India and they are clueless, other times you get a local and there's no problem.

DaveHanson said: I assume someone has bought these with a Citibank card...those who have, what flavor of Citi card was it, and was the transaction posted as a purchase or CA? TIA.
Dave, I used Premier Pass Elite for $1000; Citi is very slow to post transactions, but so far I see exact $1000 in pending authorization.
Also, bought Nov 30 PM and still no 5% CB posted yet.

Unless I'm missing something we still haven't found a way to liquidate the cards.

Can somebody tell me I'm wrong?

Please?

ColbyS said: Unless I'm missing something we still haven't found a way to liquidate the cards.

Can somebody tell me I'm wrong?

Please?

No straight-into-cash method, but some good news are:

  • They're usable online after calling AMEX to register the address (see chuzzlewit's post above)
  • Therefore, can be registered for Paypal and drained for eBay transactions
  • Costco accepts AMEX both online and in-store and very flexible with returns

Let's keep looking...

neophyte said: ColbyS said: Unless I'm missing something we still haven't found a way to liquidate the cards.

Can somebody tell me I'm wrong?

Please?

No straight-into-cash method, but some good news are:

  • They're usable online after calling AMEX to register the address (see chuzzlewit's post above)
  • Therefore, can be registered for Paypal and drained for eBay transactions
  • Costco accepts AMEX both online and in-store and very flexible with returns

Let's keep looking...


Costco is very flexible about returns, but will they refund in cash or just credit back to card? If latter your back to step one.

TDSAX said:
Costco is very flexible about returns, but will they refund in cash or just credit back to card? If latter your back to step one.

YMMV - It could be cash, it could be CC - but it doesn't have to be the same AMEX

Can we stack up with this promotion? Purchase 3 GC and receive a $15 Gas card. Qualifying stores?
Link

pyro123 said: Can we stack up with this promotion? Purchase 3 GC and receive a $15 Gas card. Qualifying stores?
Link

We could, but that would require a time machine - you offer is for 2008

I just received mine. Just so I am clear, you do NOT need to call and activate it before trying to use it? I don't see anything in the literature that references activation.

You cannot register it until you use it somewhere.

chuzzlewit said: You cannot register it until you use it somewhere.

I registered 10 cards yesterday before using them. You'll have to call the # on the back of the card, as AMEX does not have anywhere on their web site where you can register them.

Anyone looking for the Premium Shipping like I was - create a personal account and order a card, you should see the offer Premium Shipping $99/year, 3 month free trial appear. I just bought a $100 card (to test) and with this and the SS2009 code, there were no additional fees.

Thanks to those who showed me the way.

Ralph's has a deal right now where you get 400 points per $200 spent on gift cards. I wonder if you could buy the Nordstrom gift cards with the AMEX gift cards... then go and cash the cards @ Nordies. ???

Sure, why not.

They would appear to be normal credit cards.

cyberkost said: Bought on Mon 11/30, late PM using 5% link from the other site. Chose $99-year/$0-first-3-months shipping option (the card was delivered earlier this morning), no coupon codes. CB has not posted/reported yet. Will start getting concerned if it's not reported tomorrow morning.

Also bought mine on Monday from the 5% site and no CB is pending this morning. Should we both be worried yet?

jlgrandam said: cyberkost said: Bought on Mon 11/30, late PM using 5% link from the other site. Chose $99-year/$0-first-3-months shipping option (the card was delivered earlier this morning), no coupon codes. CB has not posted/reported yet. Will start getting concerned if it's not reported tomorrow morning.

Also bought mine on Monday from the 5% site and no CB is pending this morning. Should we both be worried yet?


My 3% on fatwallet showed up after 3 days - phew, but the other site - nothing so far. Went through them on Sunday in fact, this is getting annoying

jlgrandam said: cyberkost said: Bought on Mon 11/30, late PM using 5% link from the other site. Chose $99-year/$0-first-3-months shipping option (the card was delivered earlier this morning), no coupon codes. CB has not posted/reported yet. Will start getting concerned if it's not reported tomorrow morning.

Also bought mine on Monday from the 5% site and no CB is pending this morning. Should we both be worried yet?


Me, too.

i also bought on 11/30 (around 6:00 PM CST) from another site.
did not use coupons or free shipping...

CB is not reported as of yet.

xerty said: My Visa recent activity is a little odd, but I'm hoping it's a purchase. I will update when it actually posts.

I bought from the 5% site on Monday as well, and can't see anything pending for Cash Back yet. I did use the premium shipping plan for free shipping but no other coupons, don't know if that might matter somehow.

My Visa activity resolved, my statement just closed, and it posted as a purchase. Still nothing from Monday's 5% purchase however.

OT: Anyone have any idea if the 3% from FW is special promotion that will go away soon or if the 5% might come back from the other site? I am looking to buy more in the next couple of days once I am certain AMEX is not going to charge cash advance on me.

How long does it take from order to when you receive the card? Thanks.

yoyo2 said: OT: Anyone have any idea if the 3% from FW is special promotion that will go away soon or if the 5% might come back from the other site? I am looking to buy more in the next couple of days once I am certain AMEX is not going to charge cash advance on me.
The FW promotion is supposed to last through December. The other site had "specials" for Friday/Monday around Thanksgiving, but I'm not sure they have other promos schedules. They have a "daily double", but there are so many stores it seems unlikely it'd be AMEX.

Well I ordered 4 batches of these things Sunday and Monday. I've received and started using them, plus they've all shown up on my credit cards as regular purchases, merchandise (not cash advance).
Only problem is I haven't received the CB for the 5% purchases, this is making me nervous to say the least. I did receive the CB through another 3% site.

xerty said: yoyo2 said: OT: Anyone have any idea if the 3% from FW is special promotion that will go away soon or if the 5% might come back from the other site? I am looking to buy more in the next couple of days once I am certain AMEX is not going to charge cash advance on me.
The FW promotion is supposed to last through December. The other site had "specials" for Friday/Monday around Thanksgiving, but I'm not sure they have other promos schedules. They have a "daily double", but there are so many stores it seems unlikely it'd be AMEX.


Thanks

Anyone can confirm they received any type of rewards points for using AMEX card to purchase the gift cards? An "AMEX rep" over on FT is stating no type of rewards points will be earned by purchasing AMEX giftcards (I'm specifically interested in Starpoints if anyone has the experience).

According to cashbackchart.com

American Express gift cards 2.5% Ebates
American Express gift cards 3% Mr. Rebates
American Express giftcards 4.5% BigCrumbs

So you have some other options that look pretty good

neophyte said: DaveHanson said: I assume someone has bought these with a Citibank card...those who have, what flavor of Citi card was it, and was the transaction posted as a purchase or CA? TIA.
Dave, I used Premier Pass Elite for $1000; Citi is very slow to post transactions, but so far I see exact $1000 in pending authorization.
Also, bought Nov 30 PM and still no 5% CB posted yet.


I used Citi AMEX Platinum to buy 3k card and the transaction went fine. Prior to ordering I called Citi & requested that the cash advance limit on my card be decreased to 0. I received an email from AmexGiftCards that my card has been shipped and I should receive it in two days. I don't see the CashBack posted yet on the 5% site. Bought on 11/30 and waiting. I did not use any coupons, did not want to risk the CashBack.

pras

Update: my 5% just showed up, wasn't there this morning. My wife's however, has not shown up (both ordered Monday). Her's is 2X the amount, hopefully that's n0t the difference. Didn't use coupons on either one.

chuzzlewit said: Update: my 5% just showed up, wasn't there this morning. My wife's however, has not shown up (both ordered Monday). Her's is 2X the amount, hopefully that's n0t the difference. Didn't use coupons on either one.

My CashBack showed up too. Just an hour back it was not there. I sent an email to the 5% customer support and they responded that it can take up to 30 days.

pras

pras said: chuzzlewit said: Update: my 5% just showed up, wasn't there this morning. My wife's however, has not shown up (both ordered Monday). Her's is 2X the amount, hopefully that's n0t the difference. Didn't use coupons on either one.

My CashBack showed up too. Just an hour back it was not there. I sent an email to the 5% customer support and they responded that it can take up to 30 days.

pras

Me too, used coupons.

mxf said: i also bought on 11/30 (around 6:00 PM CST) from another site.
did not use coupons or free shipping...

CB is not reported as of yet.


Mine showed up as well...
what a relief....

Both of my orders are posted, but the bigger one is missing a zero
I had some doubt about 5-digit order, should've kept it at 9K; contacted CS

I've been using them for years, so I expect it to be resolved soon.

My 5% CashBack showed up today as well..

Ok, looks like more than a few of us can let out a sign of relief. Got my $250 (5%) posted as well.

skeer27 said: According to cashbackchart.com

American Express gift cards 2.5% Ebates
American Express gift cards 3% Mr. Rebates
American Express giftcards 4.5% BigCrumbs

So you have some other options that look pretty good


Thanks for BigCrumbs, didn't know about that one.

BTW - Has anyone been having trouble ordering using a Visa card? Tried my new Schwab and Fidelity Visa cards, but the order can't be processed. I tried with my SPG AMEX, and the order went through (going to give Visa a call in the am), but thought I'd ask. Thanks.

  • Archived From: ForumsFinance

  • 123 4 527
  • Page


Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014