AMEX gift cards 3% fatcash

Archived From: Finance
  • 12 3 4527
  • Page
  • Text Only
It could also depend on which specific coupon code was used. AFL5 and AFL420 are listed on FW's CashBack page for AMEX gift cards and should be ok to use. Other coupon codes may invalidate CashBack.

FutureDilemma said: It could also depend on which specific coupon code was used. AFL5 and AFL420 are listed on FW's CashBack page for AMEX gift cards and should be ok to use. Other coupon codes may invalidate CashBack.

good point. I used a FW code with FatCash.

If using a FW code with another CB site, it might invalidate the CB

The other site is again at 5%. Just bought 2000 for 2010.95. Total profit = 89.05 plus satisfying the requirements for spending 2000 on the BA Chase Visa. Now waiting on my deserved rewards

vishalj77 said: An important note - if you use coupons (promotional codes) etc during ordering - you will lose the 3% deal. I ordered 2 cards - 1 with a promo code which knocked off the $3.95 card fees, and one without (just to confirm) and the order placed with the code did not qualify for the 3% CashBack. AMEX probably does not report transactions where promotional codes are used.
I used the cheaper shipping code (AFL420) and can see my FatCash pending. Maybe it's the non-FatWallet code issue?

which site are you referring to? Thanks.
pianomaster said: The other site is again at 5%. Just bought 2000 for 2010.95. Total profit = 89.05 plus satisfying the requirements for spending 2000 on the BA Chase Visa. Now waiting on my deserved rewards

neophyte said: mrdelldude said: The Premium Shipping $99/year is not available. Best to use the AFL420 for 5,95 discount on shipping.
Picture is better than 1000 words - see $9000 order, no fees

How did you get the premium shipping offer? I'd like to get it as well, but it's not being displayed anywhere. Thanks!

yiqiao05 said: which site are you referring to? Thanks.
pianomaster said: The other site is again at 5%. Just bought 2000 for 2010.95. Total profit = 89.05 plus satisfying the requirements for spending 2000 on the BA Chase Visa. Now waiting on my deserved rewards

Its been mentioned earlier here. I don't think I am supposed to write it fully, but this two clues helped me find it: It starts with E, and it rhymes with rEbates

xerty said: vishalj77 said: An important note - if you use coupons (promotional codes) etc during ordering - you will lose the 3% deal. I ordered 2 cards - 1 with a promo code which knocked off the $3.95 card fees, and one without (just to confirm) and the order placed with the code did not qualify for the 3% CashBack. AMEX probably does not report transactions where promotional codes are used.
I used the cheaper shipping code (AFL420) and can see my FatCash pending. Maybe it's the non-FatWallet code issue?

So no reports yet of successfully getting the 5% kickback in conjunction with one of the coupon codes? I guess it's not worth screwing around and jeopardizing the deal.

(Sorry, I didn't catch WantTheBest's report.)

There is a report on the previous page...

What about listing ways to "convert" AMEX gift card into cash? I know of only one and that is buy coins. Are there other quicker/better way of getting cash out of the AMEX gift card?

mewannaxbox said:
If you cannot register online, call customer service and have them register your address. I bought 1k in AMEX cards awhile back and used them successfully online.

AMEX was also nice enough to cash them out once I found out they could not be used on a particular website (online gambling), they sent me a check for the unused balance.

I think this is a missing link in this thread - according to mewannaxbox AMEX GCs can be registered to your address by calling customer service.
Can anyone confirm this? If this works, they can be used online and we all should rush in today

I called AMEX and inquired about the cash advance fee. The CSR transferred me to AMEX gift card department and the CSR over there insisted that it will be considered a purchase. Well, only way to know is trying it out.

pras

Did the same this morning and just got a call from AMEX to confirm my purchase. I confirmed and then they sent me an email stating the approval of my purchase.

Forgot to mention that I think the reason they called is that the order was through AMEX business and they asked me if I ran my "business" out of my home address. This was the link that I was taken to through the 5% site.

Did anyone log-in to their AMEX account to complete the transaction? I'm concerned that's the reason why I did not receive CB yet.

How long does it normally take for the pending transaction to show up on your transaction history? I ordered about 24 hours ago and received a shipment notification just 3 hours ago.

My process was clicking on the FW link, selecting the card, adding it to the cart, and then logging into my AMEX account to pre-fill my information. Then I went through the payment process and confirmed the order. Maybe I'm just jumping the gun here and being paranoid, but $90 CB is a nice chunk of change.

I tried to login and it gave me a page load error. I closed out of that window and started a new Cash Back tracking window and made the order without logging in (this was through the 5% site, not FW).

Are there any banks that allow funding of a opening deposit via AMEX? I would think that could get cash off the cards?

Thrilla said: Did anyone log-in to their AMEX account to complete the transaction? I'm concerned that's the reason why I did not receive CB yet.

How long does it normally take for the pending transaction to show up on your transaction history? I ordered about 24 hours ago and received a shipment notification just 3 hours ago.

My process was clicking on the FW link, selecting the card, adding it to the cart, and then logging into my AMEX account to pre-fill my information. Then I went through the payment process and confirmed the order. Maybe I'm just jumping the gun here and being paranoid, but $90 CB is a nice chunk of change.

I successfully received FW cash after I paid by logging-in to AMEX. It took a couple of days for the 3% kickback to register on FW.

So much for the churn, and it especially sucks since they still put a hold on the thousands I tried for:

Thank you for placing your order with American Express Gift Cards. Unfortunately, we cannot fulfill order #[] at this time.

Your order was not fulfilled for the following reasons:At this time we do not accept pre-paid cards as a type of payment.

Any idea if other card designs would be eligible for CashBack? There's a code AMX424 that waives fees for the new gift card designs.

ChampagneDan said: So much for the churn, and it especially sucks since they still put a hold on the thousands I tried for:

Thank you for placing your order with American Express Gift Cards. Unfortunately, we cannot fulfill order #[] at this time.

Your order was not fulfilled for the following reasons:At this time we do not accept pre-paid cards as a type of payment.

Sorry. Green to you, negative info is important too.

More ideas: AMEX Gifchecks at AMEX Office or online:
http://www212.americanexpress.com/dsmlive/dsm/dom/us/en/personal...
For online we'd need a promo code, let's see if we find one.

neophyte said: ChampagneDan said: So much for the churn, and it especially sucks since they still put a hold on the thousands I tried for:

Sorry. Green to you, negative info is important too.

More ideas: AMEX Gifchecks at AMEX Office or online:
http://www212.americanexpress.com/dsmlive/dsm/dom/us/en/personal...
For online we'd need a promo code, let's see if we find one.

FYI, for AMEX gift checks: Why can't I purchase more than $1000 in Gift Cheques every 14 days?
American Express chooses to limit purchase amounts to protect our customers and ourselves against any unauthorized transactions.

Update - Just tried ordering some with a Gift Card; will not complete checkout.

My shipping options for $2K and above are only $12.95 2d day and $15.95 next day UPS, no $7.95 shipping.

DaveHanson said: My shipping options for $2K and above are only $12.95 2d day and $15.95 next day UPS, no $7.95 shipping.

Exactly neophyte. My point was no budget shipping option.

DaveHanson said: My shipping options for $2K and above are only $12.95 2d day and $15.95 next day UPS, no $7.95 shipping.

That's because the 5% link is for the business gift card site.

My pending rebate is already showing up.

chuzzlewit said: DaveHanson said: My shipping options for $2K and above are only $12.95 2d day and $15.95 next day UPS, no $7.95 shipping.

Did you use a code? I need to order $22k.

chuzzlewit said: DaveHanson said: My shipping options for $2K and above are only $12.95 2d day and $15.95 next day UPS, no $7.95 shipping.

Were you (or anyone) else able to order personal gift cards and get the 5%?

The other 5% site is now only offering 2.5% Cash Back.

Do they have a limit on the payout?

Citibank Platinum AMEX declined authorization on these because, Customer Service says, they exceeded my cash advance limit. A bit worrisome.

Until you get confirmation that this will be coded a purchase, I'd tread carefully.

DaveHanson said: Citibank Platinum AMEX declined authorization on these because, Customer Service says, they exceeded my cash advance limit. A bit worrisome.

Until you get confirmation that this will be coded a purchase, I'd tread carefully.

Or use a debit card with a rewards program.

I have never had them coded as cash advance and that was using Home Depot citi mastercard, citi platinum, and citi pp.

Last year with the cash returns card same time i made bought around 10k of AMEX gift cards directly from there site and received the Cash Back from cash returns card. i never knew that fatwallet is offering Cash Back for purchasing AMEX gift cards, otherwise my Cash Back would have been a percent more.

With 3% CB today + 1%~ 2% CC rewards it works out between 3.8 % to 5% (Including what spent on shipping). Sounds like return of cash returns card which we miss for over a year now.

Of Course the flip side is that the purchases are made in advance. i used the same cash return cards today for purchasing the AMEX gift cards with code they email me regularly.

i am planning for purchasing more before the offer ends.

Also FOR ALL where does these 3% or 5% Cash Back comes from ??? Apparently the affiliate program for American Express gift cards has upped their commission from 1% to 5% this holday to promote their presence in credit card industry .

And it is an AMEX card, which is less accepted. In particular, schools generally only take visa/mc, if they even do so, for tuition.

1. It appears on my Chase Visa recent activity that the purchase was a regular purchase.
2. The 5% site already shows 100 rebate on my 2000 purchase (made on Monday)

pianomaster said: 1. It appears on my Chase Visa recent activity that the purchase was a regular purchase.

My Visa recent activity is a little odd, but I'm hoping it's a purchase. I will update when it actually posts.

I bought from the 5% site on Monday as well, and can't see anything pending for Cash Back yet. I did use the premium shipping plan for free shipping but no other coupons, don't know if that might matter somehow.

xerty said: pianomaster said: 1. It appears on my Chase Visa recent activity that the purchase was a regular purchase.

My Visa recent activity is a little odd, but I'm hoping it's a purchase. I will update when it actually posts.

I bought from the 5% site on Monday as well, and can't see anything pending for Cash Back yet. I did use the premium shipping plan for free shipping but no other coupons, don't know if that might matter somehow.

I did the 5.95 discount, but this doesn't seems to have any impact on the rebate.

How do you convert gift cards to cash? Any thread on this? Thanks

neophyte said: DaveHanson said: My shipping options for $2K and above are only $12.95 2d day and $15.95 next day UPS, no $7.95 shipping.
Yes but has anyone received notification of CashBack posting (using FatCash or any site) if using the Premium Shipping option?

It would suck to lose CB just to get free shipping

SUCKISSTAPLES said: neophyte said: DaveHanson said: My shipping options for $2K and above are only $12.95 2d day and $15.95 next day UPS, no $7.95 shipping.
Yes but has anyone received notification of CashBack posting (using FatCash or any site) if using the Premium Shipping option?

It would suck to lose CB just to get free shipping

I'm still waiting for my CB (from the other site) from a purchase on Monday where I used a free shipping code I had been given by AMEX after a prior purchase (SS2009).

• Archived From: ForumsFinance

• 12 3 4527
  • Page

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014