Payment Requested:
Payment Processed:
Lifetime Cash Back:

AMEX gift cards 3% fatcash

First page
1 of 108
VerbalK
11/26/09 10:08 PM
So buy a $3000 gift card with free shipping for $3003.95... get $90 CashBack (plus maybe some credit card rewards). Am I missing anything?
WikiPost
11/26/09 10:09 PM
I received a chase BT offer (like the old days) in the mail, but I'm not going to contribute the details because last time I made a thread to discuss a deal it was deleted by FW moderation and when I refused to submit to this small-minded c*nsorship I was banned from posting .

Maybe if everyone messages the mods to tell them how much being closed-minded c*nsors hurts the site then FWF will return to its f*rmer gl*ry. FWF mods you are responsible for the deterioration of this site and I will, therefore, no longer obey your rules.

----------
The guy above is an asshat. Don't let the door slam into your ass on the way out. Nothing of value was lost. Love, Oliver Q.
Glitch99
11/26/09 10:51 PM
VerbalK said:

Am I missing anything?

AMEX cards are typically the hardest to liquidate. So you'd have to limit your purchase to an amount you could reasonably spend over a period of time. Its not a quick buy-then-cash-out opportunity.
hs
11/26/09 11:05 PM
Glitch99 said:

VerbalK said:

Am I missing anything?

AMEX cards are typically the hardest to liquidate. So you'd have to limit your purchase to an amount you could reasonably spend over a period of time. Its not a quick buy-then-cash-out opportunity.

Well all you have to do is use the $3000 you just received and purchase another $3000
benjiem1
11/26/09 11:26 PM
Glitch99 said:

VerbalK said:

Am I missing anything?

Why are they harder to liquidate than any other card?
SUCKISSTAPLES
11/26/09 11:42 PM
hs said:

Glitch99 said:

VerbalK said:

Am I missing anything?

Well all you have to do is use the $3000 you just received and purchase another $3000

And how do you propose using that $3000 to be able to purchase another $3000?

As Glitch says, the services people use to get cash out of a prepaid card dont accept AMEX
bankdealsrule
11/27/09 12:12 AM
Invest it in gold bullion coin(s) from the few stores that accepts the AM card. You simply pay ~5% above the spot price of gold.
slc39
11/27/09 12:12 AM
Won't it be treated as a cash advance by the credit card company?
bankdealsrule
11/27/09 12:13 AM
It depends on how the AMX site codes the purchase, and how your credit card determines cash advances.
SUCKISSTAPLES
11/27/09 12:14 AM
bankdealsrule said:

Invest it in gold bullion coin(s) from the few stores that accepts the AM card. You simply pay ~5% above the spot price of gold.

so you pay 5% above spot to save 3%? Is 2% above spot a hot deal?
First page
1 of 108
Please select a reason for your RED vote:

You may be contacted via Private Message during the investigation of this issue.