• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Here's the text from an email I got:

Small business savings with big time benefits

The ING DIRECT Business Savings Account pays a 1.10% Annual Percentage Yield - that's more than 3X the national average. Plus a $100 bonus just to get started.

No Fees
No Minimums
No Service Charges

Open an account by February 28, 2010 and make sure you use Reference Code BSA298 to be eligible for the $100.

PS: Don't have a business? Have friends with a business? Forward this offer to them.

ING DIRECT variable rate effective since 1/15/10. Source for national average for business savings account is Informa Research Services as of 1/12/10 and based on a balance of $2,500. Bonus is deposited at time of new account opening, and is available for withdrawal after 30 days.

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
There's a form they require you to sign. Did you include that?

karatz (Apr. 14, 2010 @ 3:13p) |

Yes,I included the signed Business Resolution Form, copy of statement from business checking account, and copy of voided... (more)

DreamKrusher (Apr. 14, 2010 @ 3:42p) |

Just keep the "sent" email. I had a similar problem. I ended up sending an email with the forms attached every day till ... (more)

karatz (Apr. 14, 2010 @ 7:30p) |

Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

I sell a few items on eBay every week. Does that count as a small business?

This page shows what you will need in terms of documentation:

link

Looks like an easy 100 bucks. Green for you, OP.

only easy if you have a legititmate business , business license or dba papers,and preprinted checks with your business name

This isnt as easy as opening a business credit card

SUCKISSTAPLES said: only easy if you have a legititmate business , business license or dba papers,and preprinted checks with your business name

Yes, I guess I should of prefaced my comment with that.

anyone know if they do a hard or soft credit pull?

I think it's a hard pull Muoot.

SUCKISSTAPLES said: only easy if you have a legititmate business , business license or dba papers,and preprinted checks with your business name

If you're a sole proprietor (yourself) though then all of this looks easy as far as I can tell.

What would prevent someone from using a self SSN and a personal checking account to sign up for this business account?

treepuppy said: SUCKISSTAPLES said: only easy if you have a legititmate business , business license or dba papers,and preprinted checks with your business name

If you're a sole proprietor (yourself) though then all of this looks easy as far as I can tell.

What would prevent someone from using a self SSN and a personal checking account to sign up for this business account?

DreamKrusher said: This page shows what you will need in terms of documentation:

link

just opened a biz savings account. My 3 credit reports are frozen....so they didn't hard pull me (I guess). I'm an existing ing customer (and stated that on the app). Need to fax in some business docs though (for an LLC acct.)

bonus is available for withdrawal after 30 days and the forms are required within a 60 day period??? LOL! Forms might not even be required to be sent in since the account can be closed and the bonus withdrawn after 30 days.

Although there is no min. balance requrement in the accoutn itself, Is there a min. deposit to qualify for the $100 bonus. Was there any small print in the email? I think their other promos have had a $250 min.deposit to qualify for the bonus.

I did some searching and found some other sites posting the $100 bonus and no mention of a min. deposit.

Also found another $100 code: BSA296 (exp 2/15/10)

For SOLE PROPRIETORSHIP, ALL of the following are required:

After you have opened your account online, you must complete these documents and fax them to 1-866-487-7480 or email them to bizdocs@ingdirect.com to complete the account opening process.

1. Resolution Form

BOTH SECTIONS MUST BE COMPLETED IN ORDER FOR THIS FORM TO BE ACCEPTED
Date: _______________________________________________________________________________________
Full Legal Name of Business: _________________________________________________________________
State of Formation:__________________________________________________________________________
Business Phone Number (given in application) ( ) __ __ __ - __ __ __ __

Section A
This section is for the information of the individuals who will be authorized to conduct banking activities for the business.

By signing this form the above signatories agree to act on behalf of the business and to be bound by the terms and conditions, laws and regulations applicable to each Business Savings Account and/or Business Certificate of Deposit opened for the business.

Printed Name of Signatory

Signature of Signatory

Section B
This section is for the individuals who need to approve the individuals above to operate banking accounts on the businessís behalf. Depending on your type of business, the titles of these individuals are different.

*Use the following list to determine who needs to sign: Sole Proprietorship needs the Sole Proprietor to sign (needs to sign in section A as well), Corporations and Nonprofits need all Directors to sign, General Partnerships need all Partners to sign, Limited Partnerships need all General Partners to sign, LLCs need all Managing Members to sign. If there are more than 5 of these individuals, include the same information for the additional individuals on extra sheet(s) of paper.

Printed Name of Authorizer

Signature of Authorizer

By signing this form the individuals in Section B authorize the individuals in Section A to open a Business Savings Account and/or a Business Certificate of Deposit for the business and to authorize any and all transactions on the accounts/CDs.

This Authorized Signer Resolution replaces all prior Resolutions signed on behalf of the business relating to a Business Savings Account and/or a Business Certificate of Deposit. If any changes are made to the signatories for the business, a new Resolution must be sent to ING DIRECT to verify the changes.

2. Proof of Existence Document

ONE of the following is required:

* Copy of Current Business or Occupational License

-or-

* Copy of Current Tax Registration Certificate, Permit or Declaration for any State or Local Tax, for example:
o Sales Tax
o Use Tax
o Excise Tax
o Gross Receipts Tax
o Documentary Stamp Tax

-or-

* Copy of Fictitious or Assumed Name Certificate. Also known as:
o Trade Name Registration
o DBA (Doing Business As) Registration
o Fictitious Name Statement
o Statement of Trade Name

3. Voided Check with the Exact Business Name Preprinted

I received a $200 offer in mail from Chase to open a Business Checking account. I have never opened a Business Checking account with Chase before. My question is this: IS opening a business checking account with Chase as stringent as this one with ING? Please advise.

My experience opening Chase Buinsess account:

Chase Branch:: I have opened 3 in the last 3 years as a sole prop. using my ss#. Received $200 bonus each time.

Chase On-line: Requires similar proof of business as required by Ing. I have tried opening accounts on-line twice. I have never been sucessful in getting Chase to fully open the account. I Always received the initial account openign paperwork. However, Chase never acknologed receiving my proof docs. I admit, I did not send them exactly what they asked for.

DreamKrusher said: My experience opening Chase Buinsess account:

Chase Branch:: I have opened 3 in the last 3 years as a sole prop. using my ss#. Received $200 bonus each time.

Chase On-line: Requires similar proof of business as required by Ing. I have tried opening accounts on-line twice. I have never been sucessful in getting Chase to fully open the account. I Always received the initial account openign paperwork. However, Chase never acknologed receiving my proof docs. I admit, I did not send them exactly what they asked for.

Thanks! This offer actually does not allow for online account opening. Must go to a branch. So I guess my personal SSN should suffice. I am the SOLE PROPRIETOR of a small side business (IT consulting) with NO fancy documents to provide (such as licenses, etc.) if required.

Datapoint:-

Jan 30: Applied online.
Feb 1: E-mailed documentation for LLC.

Feb 1, 2010 Deposit from linked XXXXXXXXXXXXX BANK, N.A. checking account XXXXXXXXXXX 250.00 350.01 
This deposit will be available for withdrawal on Feb 16, 2010    
Jan 31, 2010 Monthly Interest Paid 0.01 100.01 
Jan 30, 2010 Account Opening Bonus 100.00 100.00

Easy $100. Thanks OP

booyah all of the above

What if you have a legitimately registered LLC but don't have any checks with your business name on them (since the LLC is dormant)?

If you have a business checking account with no actual paper checks, you could try using Bill Pay to send yourself a check for $0.01 which you could then void.

That's what I'm trying. It's worth a shot.

...or just Photoshop in your LLC's name onto the check?

habibbijan said: If you have a business checking account with no actual paper checks, you could try using Bill Pay to send yourself a check for $0.01 which you could then void.

That's what I'm trying. It's worth a shot.

I sent a .pdf of the online statement, and it worked.

minimum deposit requirements?

hmmm... we own rental property, no idea if that counts as a business? No LLC. Rent checks come to me personally, I could provide a schedule E though?

I opened 2 small business accounts and both $100 bonuses posted immed.

I indicated I was already a customer during the application process. Both accounts linked immed. to my personal account login and showed up through Yodlee as well.

What is everyones experience with the minimum paperwork Ing appears to be accepting?

ING is kinda crooked so if u dont have everything maybe u should forget it, plus later they will use it as an excuse to not pay the bonus, so be careful. Also, if they think that u are trying to pull one over on them they will make negatice checksys reports and good luck trying to get rid of that. They have one of the worst "compliance" departments in banking b/c of their international connection (they are defensive and insecure on security issues), so they are really best avoided.

I got my bonus already but I don't have the documents. Is it possible for me to close the account?

Opened account with $1 and bonus credited instantly. In order to withdraw, I need to send in the business docs. I will be emailing them my DBA cert and a bank statement since I don't use checks. Will report back with results.

where can you get the DBA certificate? im in CA and technically i don't need a DBA certificate if my business name is under my legal name. i think.

Can you open the acct with a CC? Lol. I doubt it.

Has anyone been able to verify the trial deposits of a linked account before submitting the "business docs"?

Has anyone been successful in providing a copy of an account statement rather than a pre-printed check for the account qualifications?

You guys trying to get the bonus, knowing you never had the required documents disclosed to you before applying are the reason the best deals are no longer posted at FWF.

spoos said: Has anyone been successful in providing a copy of an account statement rather than a pre-printed check for the account qualifications?

i provided my dba filing papers as with a copy of my business checking account statement and was approved

Provided my DBA papers and checking account statement as well. Very easy opening process and instant bonus crediting.

I provided a checking account statement for both a DBA and a corporation and both went through successfully (in addition to other accts that I had a check to void) thanks yall

I faxed my docs twice. How does INg notify you they have accepted/rejected your documentation? snail mail? How many days does it take to process the documentation?

For those of you who have had your docs accepted...Did you email or fax the info?

DreamKrusher said: I faxed my docs twice. How does INg notify you they have accepted/rejected your documentation? snail mail? How many days does it take to process the documentation?

For those of you who have had your docs accepted...Did you email or fax the info?

I faxed docs in in late Feb. I called in after faxing them to verify that they had received them and were processing them. Within 24 business hours I received an email saying that they had received the required documentation and that the account was fully active. The notice at the top of the page(saying documents need to be sent in) when you login also disappeared after I received the email.

Skipping 6 Messages...
Just keep the "sent" email. I had a similar problem. I ended up sending an email with the forms attached every day till it posted. I started it after the 2nd warning email came. Their security is top notch. They log IPs and associate IPs with location. They record your calls and compare the voice from one call to the next; however, there is no way to email them so you have a receipt, nor do they respond to that forms email. I took my 4 bonuses and ran. They wanna eliminate the branch feature, then allow me to handle my business from my computer. I don't have time for long drawn out conversations with people who aren't fully versed on what is going on.

I was pleased though with the fact that they did honor the bonuses.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014