MoreRebates.com Experiences?

Archived From: Finance
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
I want to buy a few AMEX Gift Cards. Currently, MoreRebates.com gives the best cash refund (2%) on these. However, I have never heard of any experiences with this company, and my emails have gone unanswered. Has anyone used MoreRebates.com to get Cash Back with online shopping? Good or bad experiences, or history buying AMEX Gift Cards through them?

Thanks!

Member Summary
Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Blakester32 said: I want to buy a few AMEX Gift Cards. Currently, MoreRebates.com gives the best cash refund (2%) on these. However, I have never heard of any experiences with this company, and my emails have gone unanswered. Has anyone used MoreRebates.com to get Cash Back with online shopping? Good or bad experiences, or history buying AMEX Gift Cards through them?

Thanks!
My experience is that MoreRebates.com decreased the AMEX GCs CashBack to 1% over a week ago.

They also retroactively lowered my pending rebate amount and I'm disputing them over this.

hejustlaughs said: They also retroactively lowered my pending rebate amount and I'm disputing them over this.Do you know what day they dropped the rate? I placed an order late on the 22nd (late enough that AMEX didnt "accept" the order until the 23rd), when it was at 2%, but I dont know when after that it actually changed to 1%. They only credited me with 1% for my purchase as well, which I've already emailed them about.

hejustlaughs said: They also retroactively lowered my pending rebate amount and I'm disputing them over this.
Wow that is extremely shady. Lifetime ban for that. TIA

Glitch99 said: hejustlaughs said: They also retroactively lowered my pending rebate amount and I'm disputing them over this.Do you know what day they dropped the rate? I placed an order late on the 22nd (late enough that AMEX didnt "accept" the order until the 23rd), when it was at 2%, but I dont know when after that it actually changed to 1%. They only credited me with 1% for my purchase as well, which I've already emailed them about.

I'm pretty sure it was lowered sometime around the 29th to 31st of January. I also had an order on the 26th which was retroactively lowered from 2% to 1%. I did see the pending rebate for a day or two though.

The pending rebate amount for my order from 1/16 seems to be okay though and correct.

Glitch99 said: hejustlaughs said: They also retroactively lowered my pending rebate amount and I'm disputing them over this.Do you know what day they dropped the rate? I placed an order late on the 22nd (late enough that AMEX didnt "accept" the order until the 23rd), when it was at 2%, but I dont know when after that it actually changed to 1%. They only credited me with 1% for my purchase as well, which I've already emailed them about.

FWIW, my order placed as so has remained at 2%.

01/15/2010 (order placed) American Express Giftcards $3000.00 $60.00 03/01/2010 (approved)

hejustlaughs said: Glitch99 said: hejustlaughs said: They also retroactively lowered my pending rebate amount and I'm disputing them over this.Do you know what day they dropped the rate? I placed an order late on the 22nd (late enough that AMEX didnt "accept" the order until the 23rd), when it was at 2%, but I dont know when after that it actually changed to 1%. They only credited me with 1% for my purchase as well, which I've already emailed them about.

I'm pretty sure it was lowered sometime around the 29th to 31st of January. I also had an order on the 26th which was retroactively lowered from 2% to 1%. I did see the pending rebate for a day or two though.

The pending rebate amount for my order from 1/16 seems to be okay though and correct.
It was sometime prior to the 29th. And my prior order from the 16th remains correct at 2%.

My guess is that it changed on the 24th/25th, after our orders from the 22nd were placed, but before they were confirmed/posted to our accounts. Hopefully its a simple quirk that they'll make good on.

Their site has been down for "system maintenance" for several days now. If they disappear I'm out $100.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014