Harris Bank $100+$50

Archived From: Finance
  • Page :
  • 1
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Some may have opened an account back in November using this FWthread.

They continue to run the promotion (now absent the dining discounts) until March 15th, 2010.

linky to apply.

Terms:
Account openings are subject to approval. Offer applies to (i) new interest checking accounts opened; and (ii) new or existing savings accounts open between January 25, 2010 and March 15, 2010 that meet additional terms of offer. Offer is subject to change without notice, is non-transferable, and cannot be combined with any other offer. Harris reserves the right to amend or cancel any part of these offers. "Household" means all persons living at the same address. Personal accounts only. The incentive(s) will be reported as interest income on IRS form 1099 INT and you are responsible for any applicable taxes. Accounts must be in good standing on the Payment Date to receive incentive. Certain terms and conditions apply. Interest-Checking Account offer applies to new personal Interest-Checking Accounts opened between January 25, 2010 and March 15, 2010. In order to receive the incentive for the personal Interest-Checking Account, one of the following requirements must be met: a) the checking account must have a (monthly) $300 minimum direct deposit within 90 days of account opening or b) the presence of at least five online bill payment transactions within 60 days of account opening. If we determine you have met the terms of the offer, $100 cash will be deposited into your new Harris personal Interest-Checking Account approximately 120 days after account opening (Payment Date). Internet access is required for bill payment services, and internet provider fees may apply. Limit one incentive per Household. Minimum opening balance of $100 is required and APY as of January 18, 2010 for Harris Interest-Checking and Harris Interest-Gold-Checking is 0.01% APY. Savings Account offer applies to Harris customers with a personal Harris Savings Account or Harris Money Market Account and personal Checking Account with the Auto Save option. In order to receive the cash incentive for the Harris personal Savings Account, the Auto Save feature must be active between January 25, 2010 and March 15, 2010 for the following fixed monthly minimum transfer amounts from your Harris personal Checking Account: $25 to Harris Statement Savings; $100 to Harris Money Market Account or Harris Premium Savers; or $250 to Harris Relationship Money Market Account. If we determine you have met the terms of the offer, $50 will be deposited into your Harris personal Savings Account approximately 120 days after account opening (Payment Date). Limit three incentives per Household, with personal Savings Accounts titled in different names.

Member Summary
UPDATE 02/16/2010:
"these bonuses are only available to a specific marketing area and that only those who received a mailed invitation are eligible"

Soft inquiry at Trans Union
HARRIS BANK
111 W. MONROE
CHICAGO , IL 60603
Phone number not available
Requested On:
02/2010
From November Harris Bank promotional FW thread...jatan1986 said: The ABA Routing Numbers for Harris accounts are as follows:
* For accounts opened in Illinois, Indiana and Wisconsin the ABA Routing Number is 071025661
* For accounts opened in Florida, the ABA Routing Number is 067014330
* For accounts opened in Arizona, the ABA Routing Number is 122105249
* For Business clients, if you are unsure of the type of account that you have, please contact our Business Banking team at 1-888-489-2265, option 0.

https://www4.harrisbank.com/spopup/0,4468,359877_4063996,00.html...
Credit card funding, but limited to $100 max for each account.
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

I think if opening a checking account for $100, you can open 3 distinctly titled savings accounts for an added $150 bonus (3 x $50).

Or is it just wishful thinking on my part?

so what are the gotchas?

Added info to the QS related to ABA numbers and credit card funding.

I spoke with a representative and was told that a hard inquiry would happen only if applying for overdraft protection. The rep added that some applicants are offered a line of credit at the time of application if their soft inquiry demonstrates an adequate ability to repay.

They stiffed me on my bonus and dinged me a $15 maint fee that I had to call to get refunded since THEY didn't send me an account number for a couple of weeks then I added to DD wich took 3 weeks to kick in (to prevent fees). Don't trust them one bit.

Do they count ACH as direct deposit?

Is there a promotion code for this offer, or does following the special link and leaving the promo code field blank suffice?

To answer my own question: no, the link is not sufficient. I just received a call from Harris seeking to confirm my credit card information, and I inquired about the promotion code. The agent stated that these bonuses are only available to a specific marketing area and that only those who received a mailed invitation are eligible. Nevertheless, I'll follow through with the application and jump through the required hoops just to see if the bonuses post by some fluke. I'll also opt into their promotional mailings to see if I can get into the target group for future bonus offerings.

ok, now i remember why I didn't jump on this one. Too involved!

jackiechiles said: To answer my own question: no, the link is not sufficient. I just received a call from Harris seeking to confirm my credit card information, and I inquired about the promotion code. The agent stated that these bonuses are only available to a specific marketing area and that only those who received a mailed invitation are eligible. Nevertheless, I'll follow through with the application and jump through the required hoops just to see if the bonuses post by some fluke. I'll also opt into their promotional mailings to see if I can get into the target group for future bonus offerings.+1

Bobbi Locket called me as well. He said the exact same thing - the promotion would not be honored since I was not in their pre-select list of names.

That's very fishy. I don't see how they can claim that since it's public website and no private invitation code is involved.

jackcrawfish said: jackiechiles said: To answer my own question: no, the link is not sufficient. I just received a call from Harris seeking to confirm my credit card information, and I inquired about the promotion code. The agent stated that these bonuses are only available to a specific marketing area and that only those who received a mailed invitation are eligible. Nevertheless, I'll follow through with the application and jump through the required hoops just to see if the bonuses post by some fluke. I'll also opt into their promotional mailings to see if I can get into the target group for future bonus offerings.+1

Bobbi Locket called me as well. He said the exact same thing - the promotion would not be honored since I was not in their pre-select list of names.

vwbugman69 never received a mailer for the November 2009 promo and received his/her bonus

The same here: just received a call from a Harris rep. regarding my application online, telling me the bonus offer is limited to those states that Harris have branches (i.e., Illinois, Indiana and Wisconsin) or those who received a mailed invitation and if I would continue. I told her in that case I would drop the application (I live in New York). I also said that those limitations were no where mentioned on the promotional page; and she just repeat that the offer is targeted only at certain marketing groups. Basically, is not answering my question directly.

Only thing is many money saving websites (e.g., depositaccounts.com, fatwallets.com, etc.) continue to list this as nationally available which is not accurate.

FWIW, I opened a Free Checking account by mistake at the beginning of this thread (Interest Checking was required).

I converted from "Free Checking" to "Interest Checking" via e-correspondence:

I said: What kind of checking account do I have? In order to qualify for a recent winter promotion, I need to have an Interest Checking account. If my current checking account product is NOT Interest Checking please convert the account so that I may still qualify for the promotionthey said: We certainly understand your concern in this matter. Please be aware that your request to change or switch your Harris Free Checking account ending in 4212 to Interest checking has been processed. The change will be effective on your next statement cycle. The Interest Checking Account is FREE when you have an established monthly direct deposit. Otherwise, a daily average balance of $2,000.00 must be maintained in order to avoid the $15.00 monthly maintenance fee.

Has anyone seen or heard anything at all with respect to this round of the Harris promotion? I see in the other thread that some successes have been reported from the November promotion, but how about this one?

jackiechiles said: Has anyone seen or heard anything at all with respect to this round of the Harris promotion? I see in the other thread that some successes have been reported from the November promotion, but how about this one?After inquiring as to the status of the promotional bonus I received e-correspondence from them on June 10th:Harris Online said: Thank you for contacting Harris regarding your promotional bonuses.

These promotional deposits will post as interest earned to your accounts on your statement cycle dates approximately 120 days from when your accounts were opened, which was 2/16/10.
I used "Push To Talk" this morning (6/25/10). I figured 129 days following account opening was long enough to wait. Rep advised that there is no timeframe as to when the promotional bonus would be paid out. She mentioned to keep the autosave option in place to avoid the monthly fee.

I wonder whether or not there will be a bonus paid....

jackcrawfish said: jackiechiles said: Has anyone seen or heard anything at all with respect to this round of the Harris promotion? I see in the other thread that some successes have been reported from the November promotion, but how about this one?After inquiring as to the status of the promotional bonus I received e-correspondence from them on June 10th:Harris Online said: Thank you for contacting Harris regarding your promotional bonuses.

These promotional deposits will post as interest earned to your accounts on your statement cycle dates approximately 120 days from when your accounts were opened, which was 2/16/10.
I used "Push To Talk" this morning (6/25/10). I figured 129 days following account opening was long enough to wait. Rep advised that there is no timeframe as to when the promotional bonus would be paid out. She mentioned to keep the autosave option in place to avoid the monthly fee.

I wonder whether or not there will be a bonus paid....

Thanks for the update. BTW, when did a statement close AFTER 6/16/10? I would give them at least another statement cycle.

The autosave bonus posted for my DW
Date  	        Type  	        Transaction Number  	Descriptions  	Debit  	Credit
6/30/2010 	Credit 		01                      INT EARNED 		$50.00

I plan to followup on this post with their response as to why there was no $100 checking account bonus...

more to come.

Bottom line: Call to request your bonus to be posted


FWIW, I spoke with Richard in what I believed to be the new accounts department.

He advised that "the offer was intended for a specific list of prospects but that the inviatation leaked on to the internet," (*leaked* was his word ) "and Manual tracking is required for those accounts not in the database."

He observed that I met all criteria and was going to forward my information to the Marketing department. He mentioned that it would likely take 1-2 billing cycles for the promotional credits to post to my accounts.

I'll update this thread once August arrives with any new information.



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014