• Page :
  • 1
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
http://apply.discovercard.com
Promotional Code : DABY

Saw it in the Sunday newspaper.

"Get a $75 CashBack Bonus when you apply by April 14, 2010 and make a total of $500 in purchaes with your new card within 3 months of being approved. Promotional reward will be applied within 8 weeks. This promotional reward in in addition to the CashBack Bonus earned on all purchases."

Member Summary
*** UPDATE ***

With new promotional code: DADQ this offer is good till June 18, 2010
Promotional code: DACR good till June 21, 2010



Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Pretty good for those that missed out on the $100 bonus.

Just a note, I did the $100 bonus beyond the expiration date (~2 weeks) and still received the bonus. Apparently if the application lets you go through with a code, you're set.

denied.

What was denied? The application or the promo code?

Denied for already having a discover card account.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Thank you for your application.
We appreciate your interest in Discover Card. However, we are not able to approve your application for one of the following reasons:

You have an existing Discover Card account. <Login to access your current account>
You have submitted another application for a Discover Card within the past 30 days.
You will receive a letter in 3-5 business days with the specific reason for this decision.

If you are interested in other financial products and services from Discover, please visit www.discovercard.com.

Offer is for "new cardmembers" -- so I presume that I can get the bonus so long as I've never had a Discover card, even if my wife got the $100 bonus in the last promo? (I am not an AU on her card.) In other words, has anyone run across a "one bonus per household" type of restriction?

This e-mail is to confirm that your application for the Discover® More Card was received on February 15, 2010. Please allow up to 30 days for your application to be processed. Crossing fingers. Transunion credit score is 730. I have master, visa, AMEX and wanted to have discover also.

update: Congratulations! You have been approved for a Discover® Card with a credit line of $8,000.00. You will receive your card in approximately 5 to 7 business days at the address provided on your application.

I have discover account. you need 50 bux min before
you can use it as a credit. 20.00 bux you can get a gift card.
Here you have to spend 500.00 to get the 75.00. Chase Freedom offers are much better
IMHO. I got mine a while ago when they were giving out 250.00 just to use the card once.
I.E. buy a pack of gum and they sent you 250.00 bux. Discover has nothing to offer me anymore.
the "OPEN ROAD" used to have a 1200.00 max per year w/ no monthly max so the 5 % was nice. Now
it's up to 100.00 per month or a max of 5.00 per month so I decided why not get 1.75-3.75 and use 1
card. My 2 cents. Probably not worth that much...You'd be amazed at how many people have no purchases in mind
but give them the incentive to earn 15% on 500, and they'll spend it, then pay interest on the balance for life..

You need to have a decent credit history to get a Discover card. It is definitely not a crappy Capital One card.

Anyone have a scan of this deal? I always like to have an original copy for deals like this...

igt123 said: I have discover account. you need 50 bux min before
you can use it as a credit. 20.00 bux you can get a gift card.
Here you have to spend 500.00 to get the 75.00. Chase Freedom offers are much better
IMHO. I got mine a while ago when they were giving out 250.00 just to use the card once.
I.E. buy a pack of gum and they sent you 250.00 bux. Discover has nothing to offer me anymore.
the "OPEN ROAD" used to have a 1200.00 max per year w/ no monthly max so the 5 % was nice. Now
it's up to 100.00 per month or a max of 5.00 per month so I decided why not get 1.75-3.75 and use 1
card. My 2 cents. Probably not worth that much...You'd be amazed at how many people have no purchases in mind
but give them the incentive to earn 15% on 500, and they'll spend it, then pay interest on the balance for life..


Not necessarily true on your first point. My Discover More account (opened in 1998) requires $50 min before using it as credit, however, my wife's More account (opened in 2008) only requires either $20 or $25 (not sure which, but I know it's definitely not $50).

DeFiantROA said: You need to have a decent credit history to get a Discover card. It is definitely not a crappy Capital One card.
I have both. Neither questioned my credit history. For me Discover doesn't come close to the crappy chase freedom plus card.

Which credit bureau does Discover pull for verification?

thx

DeFiantROA said: You need to have a decent credit history to get a Discover card. It is definitely not a crappy Capital One card.

I had zero credit history when I got my Discover card.

FYI, my GF who was 23 with good credit signed up for something similar to this... Discover approved her, but gave her such a low limit she couldn't earn the bonus.

Just saw an ad in the free throw-away-paper.

Use promotional code "DADQ" - and this $75 offer is good through June 18, 2010

(Valid for new cardmembers only.)

Found another code: "DACR" good through June 21, 2010

JTFH said: FYI, my GF who was 23 with good credit signed up for something similar to this... Discover approved her, but gave her such a low limit she couldn't earn the bonus.

Even with a low limit you can you can make several payments per month (use electronic bill pay) and meet a moderate spending goal. The $500 goal mentioned here should not be much of a problem.

Remember, the Discover rewards card is tiered so if $500 is all you will spend you will not earn much in rewards. Possibly by careful planning you can earn 5% in a few categories mking the reward a little better. the next 3 months will be in two quarters.

However, the Discover card is among the least attractive reward cards because of its tiers, the low liits on the 5% rewards, and the trouble of keeping track of them.

ProfessorEd said: JTFH said: FYI, my GF who was 23 with good credit signed up for something similar to this... Discover approved her, but gave her such a low limit she couldn't earn the bonus.

Even with a low limit you can you can make several payments per month (use electronic bill pay) and meet a moderate spending goal. The $500 goal mentioned here should not be much of a problem.

Remember, the Discover rewards card is tiered so if $500 is all you will spend you will not earn much in rewards. Possibly by careful planning you can earn 5% in a few categories mking the reward a little better. the next 3 months will be in two quarters.

However, the Discover card is among the least attractive reward cards because of its tiers, the low liits on the 5% rewards, and the trouble of keeping track of them.


Even the rotating categories are just terrible.

Next month is restraunt month, so I can get 5% back on restaurants. Whoppee!

1. They only gave me a 250 limit (just pathetic really)

2. Half of the establishments don't even take Discover!

I'll just stick with my Citi Forward which always gives 5% back at restaurants; is a visa so it's taken everywhere; and finally has a 4 figure limit.

IMHO, this card is a deal if they will give you $100. Anything less isn't worth it to me. They typically have a good CashBack deal with some merchants that pays out the highest CashBack (even more than BCB), so it would be useful to have for that.

It's kind of complicated, and probably set up that way to insure it's difficult, but not impossible, to collect. Below are 3 things I cut & pasted from their rules on getting your cash reward:

Categories change throughout the year and include categories like travel, home improvement stores, department stores, gas and groceries. You must sign up for each 5% program.

You will earn 1% unlimited CashBack Bonus on purchases after your total annual purchases exceed $3000; purchases that are part of your first $3000 earn .25%. Warehouse purchases (those made at select warehouse clubs, discount stores and their affiliates) earn .25%. We do not include warehouse purchases or 5% category purchases in calculating your total annual purchases.

You may redeem CashBack Bonus for Partner gift cards, merchandise, Discover gift cards or charitable donations starting at $20. You may redeem CashBack Bonus for cash in the form of a direct deposit to your bank account or a credit to your Discover card account in $50 increments, starting at $50.



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014