Can only be opened online
Not available for North Carolina residents
Minimum initial deposit is only $1
No monthly service fees or other hidden charges
No rate tiers
interest accrues monthly
monthly e-statement
ACH bank-to-bank transfer service with automatic transfers

Interest rate on your account may change at any time.
If you close your account before interest is credited, you will not receive the accrued interest.
Minimum monthly required activity - You must sign into and access your online banking account monthly to verify you have access to your eStatement.
$3.00 fee per withdrawal in excess of 6 withdrawals per month.
A maximum of $15,000 in electronic transfers on any defined banking day.

More discussion about the account here:

http://www.depositaccounts.com/blog/2010/02/new-highyield-online...

The question is, can you fund with credit card???

Member Summary
Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.

>>>>>HARD credit pull reported.
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Sounds great! I'll move all the money from my alliant accounts at 2% into this new account... err wait...

I am an NC resident, so I guess I'm ineligible for this account. I already have a high-yield checking account with them (4%), and I would definitely recommend them as a bank. Easy to use and great customer service.

Is their RCA local?

I don't think you can fund with credit card. In the application, the Fund Account step is for ACH from a checking or savings account.

A couple things from their Account Disclosures:
Dormant account fee (after 2 years) - $5.00/month
Early account closing (within 1st 6 months) - $15.00

A poster at depositaccounts has indiicated the bank does a hard credit pull for application.

New information added at depositaccounts.com.

Apparently, there is also a limit of 9 debits per calendar quarter.

They do not store bank account/routing information. It must be re-entered each time.

bustgum said: Apparently, there is also a limit of 9 debits per calendar quarterHmm, sort of weird way to over-implement Regulation D, as it allows 6 per statement period (or calendar month, if bank chooses to do so)

Alcibiades said: bustgum said: Apparently, there is also a limit of 9 debits per calendar quarterRegulation D allows 6 per statement period (or calendar month, if bank chooses to do so) It allows a MAXIMUM of 6 per month. Banks are free to set a lower limit or impose service fees for any or all transactions if they choose. I am only quoting what Banking Guy is reporting.

Given that Alliant CU is cutting rates, I thought this was worth a bump. I sounds like the ACH system and withdrawal limitations are annoying, but it's impressive that they've kept the 2.0% rate intact for 18 months now.

I'm thinking about giving it a try. I would definitely give it a try if it weren't for the hard pull.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014