• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Keybank $150 / $200 Checking Bonus

Available: The offer is not available in all areas. Individuals and businesses will only be eligible in the following districts: Cleveland, Eastern OH, Idaho, Western NY, Oregon, Seattle Cascades, South Puget Sound, Central NY, Rochester, Maine, Northwest OH, Michigan, and Capital Region NY.

Keybank Offer

FAQ

$150 Cash
Get $150 when you open one of the following checking accounts (Key Express Checking/ Key Advantage® Money Market Checking) by April 30, 2010, and make one KeyBank Rewards debit card transaction plus a combination of two direct deposits and/or automated payments each of $100 or more by July 2, 2010. Note 1 below

$200 Cash
Get $200 when you open one of the following checking (Key Privilege/Key Privilege Select Checking) accounts by April 30, 2010, and make one KeyBank Rewards debit card transaction plus a combination of two direct deposits and/or automated payments each of $100 or more by July 2, 2010. Note 2 below

1 Free personal checking applies to Key Express Free Checking Account. Between 2/27/10 and 4/30/10, you must open a Key Express Free Checking (this is the basic banking account in NY) or a Key Advantage® Checking Account and by 7/2/10 make one KeyBank Rewards debit card transaction and a combination of two direct deposits and/or automated payments each of $100 or more to get $150.
2 Between 2/27/10 and 4/30/10, you must open a Key Privilege or Key Privilege Select Checking Account and by 7/2/10 make one KeyBank Rewards debit card transaction (Key Privilege Select clients must make one KeyBank Rewards World debit card transaction) and a combination of two direct deposits and/or automated payments each of $100 or more to get $200. Minimum combined balances required to avoid a monthly Maintenance Service Charge. View account details above.
* Limit one gift per qualifying account. Limit one gift per individual. The gift amount will be reported on Form 1099-INT. Your gift will be deposited into this account within 90 days of meeting requirements. You must have or request a KeyBank Rewards debit card and enroll in the KeyBank Rewards points program. Enroll by requesting a KeyBank Rewards debit card from the branch, by calling 877-KEY-ONLY, or through the online application on key.com. There is a $20 annual fee for the KeyBank Rewards program that will be waived for the first year. For a complete copy of the KeyBank Rewards program Terms and Conditions go to key.com/rewardsterms or stop by your local KeyBank branch. Qualifying debit card transactions include signature, MasterCard PayPass® and PIN-based purchases. ATM and over-the-counter withdrawals and deposits are excluded. Direct deposit transactions are limited to: payroll, Social Security, pension, and government benefits. Automated payments exclude Key Bill Pay, debit card automated payments, PayPal® transactions, and account-to-account balance transfers. Offer available to individuals without an existing checking account at KeyBank as of 2/26/10. Offer not available to individuals who have opened a KeyBank checking account in the last 12 months. Employees of KeyBank, its affiliates, and subsidiaries are not eligible for this offer. If you close your account within 180 days of account opening, you will be charged a $25 account early closure fee. Accounts overdrawn or closed as of 7/2/10 are not eligible for this offer. Accounts titled as Trust Accounts, Estate, Non-Individual, and No Access are excluded from eligibility. You must have a U.S. mailing address on 7/2/10 to be eligible. Offer is subject to cancellation without notice, and cannot be combined with any other offer. Other miscellaneous charges may apply. MasterCard is a registered trademark of MasterCard International Incorporated. This card is issued by KeyBank pursuant to a license by MasterCard International Incorporated. MasterCard PayPass® and Tap N Go® are registered trademarks of MasterCard International Incorporated. KeyBank Instructions: Please use the Marketing code process.

Business Bonus $225-$275 Bonus

Link to Previous Kebank Bonus Thead

BE SURE YOU REQUEST A KEY BANK DEBIT REWARDS CARD. IF YOU FORGOT AT THE TIME OF APPLICATION, YOU MAY CALL AND REQUEST TO CHANGE TO THE REWARDS CARD OVER THE PHONE. (Thanks to Niedman for the reminder)

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
for a corporation account

06/25/2010 CHECKING ACCOUNT DEPOSIT DEP 225.00

they are still calling it pending? whatever... (more)

spoos (Jun. 28, 2010 @ 2:50p) |

same here
06/25/2010 CHECKING ACCOUNT DEPOSIT DEP 225.00

woohoo!

Matr0skin (Jun. 28, 2010 @ 3:55p) |

Key does not have any info that the promo code was applied to my account. I saved the promo code and they are saying it'... (more)

AmiableAlien (Jul. 28, 2010 @ 10:04a) |

Routing Number 125000574

"This offer has ended"
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

To get the $200 and avoid monthly maintenance fees:

No monthly Maintenance Service Charge with a minimum balance requirement ($25,000 Key Privilege®, $100,000 Key Privilege Select

Did you generate this offer by typing in the NY zip code of 10005 at some point? Is this geo-restricted like the previous Key Bank offer?

No, I heard a radio ad today and went to Keybank.com. The ad banner appeared at the top of the keybank.com page. I am in upstate NY (14424 zip code)

DreamKrusher said: No, I heard a radio ad today and went to Keybank.com. The ad banner appeared at the top of the keybank.com page. I am in upstate NY (14424 zip code)
I live in IL, and I don't see an ad banner when I go to KeyBank.com. It seems to know you're in NY by your IP since the offer mentions NY specifically.

KeyBank said: Errors have been detected
•Zip We do not offer this product in your area.

jackcrawfish said: KeyBank said: Errors have been detected
•Zip We do not offer this product in your area.

Same here. SF Bay Area, CA

Under the FAQ...

Where is this promotion available?

The offer is not available in all areas. Individuals and businesses will only be eligible in the following districts: Cleveland, Eastern OH, Idaho, Western NY, Oregon, Seattle Cascades, South Puget Sound, Central NY, Rochester, Maine, Northwest OH, Michigan, and Capital Region NY.

Signed up for GPS promo and biz multifunction printer promo, fulfilled all requirements, but never received either.

Anyone know what counts as an "automated payment"?

Would a credit card payment done via pull from the card's online banking count? That's the only thing I could think of that wasn't excluded in the text...

Also anyone know if they let you fund by Credit Card online, and whether it counts as a cash advance?

Cool deal, Approved
-Funded with BOA Debit card.
--Credit Cards are ok - $100 Max (for personal free Ck)

ColbyS said: Signed up for GPS promo and biz multifunction printer promo, fulfilled all requirements, but never received either.

Well I signed up for the ipod touch promo and the $125 cash promo and received both. Are you sure you followed all the rules?

Again with this offer make sure you sign up for the REWARDS DEBIT CARD. They offer several kinds of debit cards. If you sign up for the wrong one you won't get your bonus!

has anyone outside of the areas been able to get it?

Interesting!
There's a keybank branch right opposite to where I work.
anyone know how easy/difficult is it to cancel the account.
I've had two experiences last yr as far as closing bank accounts, the M&T one was a breeze while the Chase one was very uneasy. The chase manager was very probing and would not just accept my explanation for closing my account.

gordita said:
anyone know how easy/difficult is it to cancel the account.

I just closed one of my accounts. Very easy.
Go to their site: https://www.key.com/html/self-service-transfer.html

Go down to number 3. Print out the form. It is intended for you to send to OTHER banks if you want to close an account when you are opening a Key Bank account...but you can also use it to close your keybank account. Just fill it out, mail to your nearest branch, and they close the account.

gordita said: anyone know how easy/difficult is it to cancel the account.

Neidman said: I just closed one of my accounts. Very easy. Go to their site: https://www.key.com/html/self-service-transfer.html Go down to number 3. Print out the form. It is intended for you to send to OTHER banks if you want to close an account when you are opening a Key Bank account...but you can also use it to close your keybank account. Just fill it out, mail to your nearest branch, and they close the account.

Don't bother mailing the paper form to close your account.

Just log into your account, send a secured message to close your account. They will mail your a check for the balance. Just closed three key accounts two weeks ago. Very painless.

DreamKrusher said:
... a combination of two direct deposits and/or automated payments each of $100 or more by July 2, 2010....

What about if I make 2 automated payments but no DD?

Edit: confirmed with key bank - 2 payments will work.

If you're going to open a Key checking for the bonus, consider adding a Key Silver Money Market Savings Account on top Sliver Savings offer

The interest rate is very low, but if you open the Savings, and get a Rewards debit card with your checking, then they will give a bonus point for every dollar sitting in your account on June 4. New Rewards debit cards also get a 2000 point bonus each month for the first 3 months if 3 sig purchases are made.

The Key Rewards payout is fairly low (e.g. 12K points for $25 gift card, see all here Key Rewards (browse rewards in lower left)). But since you can get points from just sitting the money in the account, it's not a bad offer. I got in the last round of the offer, where March 5th is the bonus day. I calculated the value of the Key Savings bonus to be worth about 2 weeks of RCA interest (4.0%), obviously longer for lower interest accounts. My strategy was to get the 6K worth of bonuses from the sig purchases, then transfer enough into the savings to reach a reward threshhold, using non-RCA funds, because when considering the transfer time, moving RCA money didn't seem worth it.

Hrm, completed the app and it said I couldn't open it online. I've applied for quite a few bank accounts over the past week, maybe I have too many chexsystems inquiries... Gonna try applying in-branch tomorrow.

Neidman said: ColbyS said: Signed up for GPS promo and biz multifunction printer promo, fulfilled all requirements, but never received either.

Well I signed up for the ipod touch promo and the $125 cash promo and received both. Are you sure you followed all the rules?

Again with this offer make sure you sign up for the REWARDS DEBIT CARD. They offer several kinds of debit cards. If you sign up for the wrong one you won't get your bonus!

Of course.

Going to try one last time since this offer is too good to pass up. If I don't get the bonus this time heads are going to roll...

Wow what a suprise. Error with the offer code. Key is shady.

Just opened Key Privilege Select. Thanks, OP!
No monthly fee, No min balance - linked to my business checking
1% APR
Unlimited foreign ATM fee reimbursement

I went to Key Bank Branch in NYC @ 11 East 22nd Street. They said I have to apply online and that I couldnt get the promo thru the branch. Scammers...

ColbyS said: Signed up for GPS promo and biz multifunction printer promo, fulfilled all requirements, but never received either.

I signed up when they offered the ipod nano, years back, and they sent me my Nano.

My mom signed up for the GPS as well, and she got hers.

Either you didn't follow the rules, or it's on it's way. Patience young grasshoper!

Thanks to OP, I signed up for the key express checking and the rewards debit card.

one thing to note, I tried to add this key account in my ING direct online account so I can ACH, and ING denied my initial ABA routing number entry for keybank because it needed to be 9 digits.
The correct routing # is 021300077 (the key bank page omitted the first zero when it showed me my routing and account #)

fyi, for my initial funding I chose $100 and allowed key to ach from my existing credit union.
anyone know how long does it usually take for ACH transfer to go through for key?
I hope I wasn't too quick to setup ACH from ING as well...

ColbyS said: Neidman said: ColbyS said: Signed up for GPS promo and biz multifunction printer promo, fulfilled all requirements, but never received either.

Of course.

Going to try one last time since this offer is too good to pass up. If I don't get the bonus this time heads are going to roll...

Not sure what's the point of your post. It's amazing that people will complaint that they didn't receive anything for a promo(or a rebate) but never bother to call and find out why they didn't receive anything. I didn't receive my Nano from them and after a few email exchange, they apologized and sent me a Nano. How do we know your mailman or UPS guy didn't just kept it? If history is any indication, the only head that will roll are your own and you will just sit and let it slide if you don't get it again, and then complaint on here that they didn't send you anything. sheeps...

Let it slide?

I spoke to the branch manager on numerous occasions and was always "on the list for shipping". Finally spoke to the regional manager when I couldn't get anywhere with the branch manager and still couldn't get anywhere.

Finally just gave up since it wasn't worth any more of my time. Judging from what I've seen about Key I'm not the only one that fulfilled all the requirements and didn't get the merchandise.

Ha ha ha, oh wow. My application inexplicably failed online, but I saw that my CC was charged anyway for the funding!

I better call Key and tell them to stop being stupid.

EDIT:

Huh, seems that the account actually managed to open correctly... The rep said I should be getting a welcome package in the mail.

this is weird. the ach pull that key did from my credit union does not show up. however, on the same day I linked my ing to key and ING made two small deposits into my new key which does show up today!
the $100 I transferred from my credit union checking does not even show up under pending transaction.
I signed up with key on march 3.
anyone in the same boat before I call key?
the credit union debited the $100 from my account yesterday.

Can banks charge minimum balance fees or early account closing fees, to bring one's balance into negative amounts on checking accounts? For example, If i opened up one of these accounts, got my bonus within 2 or 3 months, then withdrew all my money and left $1 in the account, then I showed up the next day to close my account (or did so by mail/online) would they be able to charge the $25 early-account-closing fee on that account so that I'd OWE THEM money, or would they only be able to charge against what i actually have in the account?

Blakester32 said: Can banks charge minimum balance fees or early account closing fees, to bring one's balance into negative amounts on checking accounts? For example, If i opened up one of these accounts, got my bonus within 2 or 3 months, then withdrew all my money and left $1 in the account, then I showed up the next day to close my account (or did so by mail/online) would they be able to charge the $25 early-account-closing fee on that account so that I'd OWE THEM money, or would they only be able to charge against what i actually have in the account?

Taking the money and running doesn't obviate any closing fee, a legitimate debt that will be reported to Chexsystems and/or the credit bureaus and/or collections.

Get the merchandise?? Early closing fee??? I spent an hour at the branch trying to get a cashiers check payable to myself for money on a cleared check deposited 7 days ago with an official bank check, and walked away with nothing (yes I had my official issued state I. D. and debit card). Apparently an excellent bank if you want your money secure, but not if you want to be able to get it out.

Just signed up Mrs. Juggler and myself. Now I'm thinking about forming several LLCs to get multiple biz acct opening bonuses.

hapsnn said: Anyone know what counts as an "automated payment"?

Anybody know the answer to this question?

Does this mean pushing a payment using the online bill payer feature through the keybank website?

Does it mean pulling a payment from your keybank acct using the biller's system, e.g. pulling payment from credit card, mobile phone, cable bill, etc acct?

IamN41 said: hapsnn said: Anyone know what counts as an "automated payment"?

Anybody know the answer to this question?

Does this mean pushing a payment using the online bill payer feature through the keybank website?

Does it mean pulling a payment from your keybank acct using the biller's system, e.g. pulling payment from credit card, mobile phone, cable bill, etc acct?

IIRC the terms said that billpays from Key don't count (and neither do paypal or bank account transfers), so I assume an ACH "pull" would be the only thing that qualifies. I'm going to try doing 2 pulls and will then email them to see if I qualified.

Also be sure to make sure that you get the "rewards" debit card, not the regular one.

For past offers an ACH "pull" initiated from another bank account has qualified for the bonus. I have pulled money from Keybank to Etrade, Ally and HSBC savings accounts in the past to qualify for the bonus.

DreamKrusher said: For past offers an ACH "pull" initiated from another bank account has qualified for the bonus. I have pulled money from Keybank to Etrade, Ally and HSBC savings accounts in the past to qualify for the bonus.
Well, from their FAQ:

Automatic withdrawals from your checking account by a company, such as paying a utility bill automatically from the utility's website bill pay. It must be linked by routing number and checking account number, not the debit card number. Automated payments exclude Bill Pay, debit card automated payments, PayPal® transactions, and account-to-account balance transfers.

I opened account over the phone on 3/22. On 3/24 $50 were withdrawn from my Chase account (I checked my account online.) On 3/25 received a letter from Key Fraud Dptmt dated 3/24 (2 days after opening), stating that my account was closed for having inappropriate activity. Called Key fraud dptmt and was told the account had been closed for having $0 balance and inactivity (!). Also, they said they did not withdraw the $50 and told me to call Chase. Chase representative says the money is with Key, and I believe him. What should I do?

I keep missing out on these deals because I already have a checking account with Key. So aggravating!

Skipping 32 Messages...
Key does not have any info that the promo code was applied to my account. I saved the promo code and they are saying it's a valid promo code but I did not enter it while applying. I used the link from OP, verified promo code was there when I applied. Any ideas on how can I prove this?

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 10PM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.