• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
me too. I tried to open key Express Free Chk online but I couldn't get thru the application. I was told the automatically filled offer code "MASS0310" does not match the account type I was applying. Very weird. Then I called them to have it open.
ColbyS said: Wow what a suprise. Error with the offer code. Key is shady.

Will 2 $100 ACH pushes coming from Ally or HSBC satisfy the DD requirement?

I did a similar offer with Keybank last year. Am I still eligible for this offer?

Jobowoo said: I did a similar offer with Keybank last year. Am I still eligible for this offer?

Yes, if you did not have any open personal key checking accounts as of 2/16/10.

Per the offer terms "Offer available to individuals without an existing checking account at KeyBank as of 2/26/10"

nm

So how have people successfully fulfilled the requirements? Please post successful/unsuccessful experiences.

MrNovember said: Will 2 $100 ACH pushes coming from Ally or HSBC satisfy the DD requirement?

FWIW an ACH push from another bank is showing on the transaction summary page as a "Direct Deposit".

DreamKrusher said: Jobowoo said: I did a similar offer with Keybank last year. Am I still eligible for this offer?

Yes, if you did not have any open personal key checking accounts as of 2/16/10.

Per the offer terms "Offer available to individuals without an existing checking account at KeyBank as of 2/26/10"

It depends on when you opened your acct. last year..."Offer not available to individuals who have opened a KeyBank checking account in the last 12 months."

Has anyone else had this experience?

My spouse has been hounded from keybank over the past 30 days via email, phone and now a registered letter regarding her business checking account. Key first indicated via email they forgot to ask for the SIC during the application process. The registered letter states "The Bank Secrecy Act requires Keybank to have a thorough understanding of their customers business...Keybank has developed a list of account servicing questions to help us understand our clients and their banking needs. These questions were not asked at the time of account opening.

Key has not contacted me regarding my business account. I don't recall key asking me any questions when I opened my key business account.

lakshmi111 said: MrNovember said: Will 2 $100 ACH pushes coming from Ally or HSBC satisfy the DD requirement?

FWIW an ACH push from another bank is showing on the transaction summary page as a "Direct Deposit".

Have you confirmed if this means you've qualified?

DreamKrusher said: Has anyone else had this experience?

My spouse has been hounded from keybank over the past 30 days via email, phone and now a registered letter regarding her business checking account. Key first indicated via email they forgot to ask for the SIC during the application process. The registered letter states "The Bank Secrecy Act requires Keybank to have a thorough understanding of their customers business...Keybank has developed a list of account servicing questions to help us understand our clients and their banking needs. These questions were not asked at the time of account opening.

Key has not contacted me regarding my business account. I don't recall key asking me any questions when I opened my key business account.
Yeah, they're hounding me too but they skipped the email. What's the meaning of this? I'm rarely home (at the address I gave) so I haven't see the letter yet. I didn't bother returning the call because it seemed like a big waste of time. I already got the bonus and they can close the account for all I care.

MrNovember said: lakshmi111 said: MrNovember said: Will 2 $100 ACH pushes coming from Ally or HSBC satisfy the DD requirement?

Have you confirmed if this means you've qualified?

CSR confirmed that it qualified. 90 days since the qualification to receive the bonus

Has anyone confirmed that NYC is included in this offer since Key only has one branch here?

stockmanjr said: Has anyone confirmed that NYC is included in this offer since Key only has one branch here?

I don't think so. I tried the online application but couldn't get thru it saying the coupon code does not match the acct type. I guess it's because of my zip code is not included in the offer.
Anyone in NYC had the acct opened?

yeah i opened in nyc over the phone, was having the same problem with the coupon online

the website is still live... think this deal is still good?

GreatTypo said: the website is still live... think this deal is still good?

I doubt it. Key Bank just launched a promo for a free iPod which likely was designed to replace the $150 offer.

i tried doing a cash advance at chase on the key $150 card but it didn't work

SegaRob said: DreamKrusher said: Has anyone else had this experience?

Yeah, they're hounding me too but they skipped the email. What's the meaning of this? I'm rarely home (at the address I gave) so I haven't see the letter yet. I didn't bother returning the call because it seemed like a big waste of time. I already got the bonus and they can close the account for all I care.
Just to follow up, they're threatening to close the account now since I haven't responded. I don't even want the account. My only concern is, can they disqualify the bonus if they cancel my account?

SegaRob said: SegaRob said: DreamKrusher said: Has anyone else had this experience?

Just to follow up, they're threatening to close the account now since I haven't responded. I don't even want the account. My only concern is, can they disqualify the bonus if they cancel my account?

After I received the "we may close your account" letter, I replyed to one of the original email and sent them a SIC code and never heard from them again.

SIC?

SegaRob said: SIC?

Standard Industrial Classification

The Standard Industrial Classification (abbreviated SIC) is a United States government system for classifying industries by a four-digit code. Established in 1937, it is being supplanted by the six-digit North American Industry Classification System, which was released in 1997; however certain government departments and agencies, such as the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), still use the SIC codes.

It's been 6 months and I have no use for the account anymore. DO you think there will be a negative on my chexsystems report if I just let them close it?

Has anyone gotten the bonus from Key for either a personal or business account (225 for business)

Got my $150 bonus today.

Is it a check or gift card?

Was weird. Not a check or a gift card but a direct deposit to the checking account I opened.

I received the $150 deposit today as well. I am not sure why you expected to receive a check or gift card.

Trans history
06/25/2010 CHECKING ACCOUNT DEPOSIT $150
04/21/2010 SUNOCO SVC STATION CANANDAIGUA NY Gasoline/Fuel -$1.00
04/14/2010 DIRECT WITHDRAWAL, HSBC ONLINE TRANSFER ATM/Cash -$115.00
04/13/2010 DIRECT WITHDRAWAL, HSBC ONLINE TRANSFER ATM/Cash -$113.00
04/05/2010 DIRECT DEPOSIT, HSBC ONLINE TRANSFER ATM/Cash $113.00
04/01/2010 DIRECT DEPOSIT, HSBC ONLINE TRANSFER ATM/Cash $105.00
03/19/2010 OPENING DEPOSIT $100.00

06/25/2010 CHECKING ACCOUNT DEPOSIT DEP 150.00

This is my second Key bonus as I got the $225 business bonus in Jan.

for a corporation account

06/25/2010 CHECKING ACCOUNT DEPOSIT DEP 225.00

they are still calling it pending? whatever

same here
06/25/2010 CHECKING ACCOUNT DEPOSIT DEP 225.00

woohoo!

Key does not have any info that the promo code was applied to my account. I saved the promo code and they are saying it's a valid promo code but I did not enter it while applying. I used the link from OP, verified promo code was there when I applied. Any ideas on how can I prove this?

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 10PM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.