• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Here is the link for Registerting Credit/Debit Card - YMMV

https://www.chase.com/psmhelp/ind...ash_enroll

Get up to $50 with Commuter Cash from Chase

CASH IN ON YOUR RIDE IN WITH YOUR CHASE CARD!
Use your personal or business Chase Card for all your bus, train or taxi purchases and get up to $50 from Chase - $10 for every $150 in qualifying purchases* through May 15, 2010.
Here's how:
1. ENROLL your Chase Debit and/or Credit Card(s).
2. USE your enrolled card(s) to pay for:

MetroCard® purchases at Vending Machines and EasyPayExpressTM MetroCard automatic refills
LIRR, Metro-North and PATH train tickets
NJ Transit tickets/passes
New York City Yellow Cab rides
3. GET UP TO $50 FROM CHASE - $10 for every $150 in qualifying purchases made from March 1 - May 15, 2010.
Enroll your Chase card now!
Always choose "credit" for your purchases to qualify.

Mod Edit: Clarified Title

Member Summary
CORRECTED... Use this link, below!!!

www.Chase.com/CommuterCash

At least twice a year each for a couple of years, Chase & Bank of America have been running this promotion because they're competing for the NY market.

Not only do they get people more used to using their cards, but also the banks get an extra 4% or more from the vendors on each sale/credit card charge!!!
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Is this New York only?

makryger said: Is this New York only?

Tri State, NY/NJ/CT market I believe.

link is not good?

Wish they would do this promo in the PHL, I could rack up the $50 in no time.

Direct/Correct link:

www.Chase.com/CommuterCash

At least twice a year til Chase & Bank of America run this as they're competing for the NY market AND as they get people more used to using their cards, the banks get an extra 4% or more from the vendors on each sale/charge!!!

Well they would do a lot better if they were honest. They have owed me a refund of over $20 for about two or three
years due their clerical error. The only comment I have ever received, outside of sarcasm, is the infamous "the
check is in the mail routine." No damn check has ever arrived. One of my local banks told when this began I
could not possible have picked a more sleazy cc company. Now I know.....

A pox upon them!

Is this not applicable for DC WMATA?

Thanks for posting this. For a commuter, its easy to spend $750 on Metro-North, LIRR or NJ Transit tickets and get the full $50 Cash Back.

There are tons of Chase ATMs and Banking locations in the Chicagoland area and this program isn't available for CTA/Pace/Metra.

Those of us who have banked with Chase for a while (say during the 20th Century) will recall that the bank was called the Chase Manhattan Bank. That might help explain why this promotion is Manhattan-centric.

bluechalk said: Those of us who have banked with Chase for a while (say during the 20th Century) will recall that the bank was called the Chase Manhattan Bank. That might help explain why this promotion is Manhattan-centric.

it might have more to do with the fact that nyc has the highest rates of public transportation and taxi cab use.

bluechalk said: Thanks for posting this. For a commuter, its easy to spend $750 on Metro-North, LIRR or NJ Transit tickets and get the full $50 Cash Back.

If you're spending this much commuting, you should really lean on your employer to setup something like transitchek where you can use pre-tax money on your fare. Of course, if you've figured out how to get the tax benefits and use your credit card, do tell

TMaG82 said: makryger said: Is this New York only?

Tri State, NY/NJ/CT market I believe.

OP please update title, NY is not the center of the universe.

Just got this e-mail also was about to post it in FWF.

$54 for a 30 day pass, until May 15th I'll spend $150+ only be able to nab one $10 bonus. Damn. This is essentially a 6.7% CashBack bonus.

omarECD said: OP please update title, NY is not the center of the universe.

Actually it is:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Center_of_the_universe

mrteeth said: omarECD said: OP please update title, NY is not the center of the universe.

Actually it is:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Center_of_the_universe

I'm pretty sure you're confusing it with a black hole.

quotidian said: bluechalk said: Thanks for posting this. For a commuter, its easy to spend $750 on Metro-North, LIRR or NJ Transit tickets and get the full $50 Cash Back.

If you're spending this much commuting, you should really lean on your employer to setup something like transitchek where you can use pre-tax money on your fare. Of course, if you've figured out how to get the tax benefits and use your credit card, do tell

Some pre-tax providers will allow you to fax in receipts for transit products for reimbursement - usually it is considered to be a "special handling" situation, but it can be done. This is what happens when you don't receive orders in time (if your transit passes are mailed to you directly). They tell you to purchase it yourself and fax the receipt for a check reimbursement.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014