• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
I purchased a car in June of 2009. I signed up for the biweekly payment plan through IntelliPayment (IP) without fully understanding there would be an enrollment fee and transaction charge for each payment. Last month I had some extra money leftover at the end of the month, so I sent it over to the loan company directly (skipping IP). It made it fine, but when IP took the next scheduled draw from my account, only half of the money was put towards the loan and the other half was towards the enrollment fee. I was really annoyed at this so I sent them an email asking them to provide (in writing) the full extent of any fees that are on my account and a copy of the contract that is in effect. They keep responding and telling me to call them to discuss it. Obviously, I don't want to listen to their b/s and just want this info so I can assess my situation. What's the recommended course of action here? I'd love to be able to cancel it and manage payments myself. Thanks!

Member Summary
Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.

refinance if you can through a different institution provided you can get a lower rate, or at least a rate that is cheaper than the monthly fees you are paying currently

The recommended course of action? Call and discuss it with them.

CStrunk said: I purchased a car in June of 2010.

It seems like you're on the right track, i.e. travelling back through time to stop yourself from signing up for the biweekly payment program.

Hang in there, June will be here soon.

I wish it was June of 2010. I'd not have made the same mistake. And I have called twice before to get them to explain, but they circle around things. Trying to get the concrete details.

Refinance the loan......

auto debit from your checking account?
close that account
file complaints with all appropriate agencies including your AG

pietromoon said: auto debit from your checking account?
close that account
file complaints with all appropriate agencies including your AG

Of course, I hope you are seeing this as a last resort and just call them to discuss first...

Instead of this:

Intellipayment CSR: Thank you for calling, my name is Brian, how may I help you today?
CStrunk: Hi, I would like to cancel my plan with you and make payments directly.

Intellipayment CSR: Sure, one moment while I look up your account. <CSR verifies account> Yes, sir, I see you have been participating in our equity acceleration program since June 2009. We do appreciate the opportunity with you... and, one second.... oh, WOW, it looks like we've already helped you save $666 in interest over the term of your loan.
CStrunk: Wow.

Intellipayment CSR: You *do* like to save money, sir, don't you?
CStrunk: Yes.

Intellipayment CSR: And, sir, you have already seen how convenient it is for us to arrange your payments for you. That's one less thing for you to worry about... and I'm sure you're a busy guy, right?
CStrunk: Well, yes, I suppose.

Intellipayment CSR: All righty, then. Why don't we go ahead and keep you signed up? And, just to thank you for your continued loyalty, we would like to send you a free WalMart gift card. Is your address still 1234 Main Street?
CStrunk: Ummm, yeah. It is.

Intellipayment CSR: OK, we'll get that free gift card out to your right away sir. Thanks for calling!

Try this:

Intellipayment CSR: Thank you for calling, my name is Brian, how may I help you today?
CStrunk: Hi, I would like to cancel my plan with you and make payments directly.

Intellipayment CSR: Sure, one moment while I look up your account. <CSR verifies account>
CStrunk: I don't need your service any more. I would like to cancel.

Intellipayment CSR: Blah blah blah... value... blah blah...
CStrunk: I understand. I would like to cancel.

Intellipayment CSR: Blah blah blah... free gift... blah blah...
CStrunk: No thank you. I would like to cancel.

Intellipayment CSR: Blah blah blah... can we sell you some towing insurance or some other crap... blah blah
CStrunk: I'm sorry, I don't have a lot of time to discuss this. Would you please cancel?

Intellipayment CSR: Yes sir. All done. Have a nice day.

If they refuse to help you after requesting at least 5 times during your phone call, then report back here... only then will it be time to start changing bank account numbers, filing complaints, etc.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014