Electronic Statements

Archived From: Finance
  • Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Just start now, glenatuf. Save you most current statements for each acccount as you sign into them and you'll have a base to build on. Pain in the ass, yes, but not as big a pain in the ass as it could be if your bank is shut down and you need to prove your balance for some reason...

Lazyman option:
Reminder set for January 15th every year to download all 12 previous year statements for all accounts. All files manually uploaded to bank undelated storage site for easy reference. Copy stored in encryped usb at bank safe deposit box. Possibly unwise to depend on banks to store same year statements but I can only go thru this process once a year.

Saving all of mine using TrueCrypt.

DavidScubadiver said:

I just created a folder with subfolders for each account, and am adding my most recent statements for all of my accounts with more than $10 in them. I name the files "Etrade 2010-2" for my February statement, putting the year first because it sorts better when multiple years are saved. I will probably sownload them all over time but that will take a while.

I do something similar with a different naming convention...I also throw all the T&C's and disclosures that usually come with a new account, and screenshots of completed bonus requirements/offer pages/etc...Since storage is so cheap and it only takes a couple seconds every month to download all the statements I figure it doesn't hurt to have those kinds of records even if none of your banks closes.

Good point. I also started adding my T&C's to the file.

DWooley said: Lazyman option:
Reminder set for January 15th every year to download all 12 previous year statements for all accounts. All files manually uploaded to bank undelated storage site for easy reference. Copy stored in encryped usb at bank safe deposit box. Possibly unwise to depend on banks to store same year statements but I can only go thru this process once a year.

That's what online backups are for.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 10PM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.