• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
props to blademaster at SD.net
Free FICO Credit Score every month - DCU members.
DCU [S=[dcu.org]]https://www.dcu.org/infodesk/membrshp/eligibil-index.html[/S] (Digital Federal Credit Union) is offering free monthly Equifax FICO score to its members.

How DCU's PC Branch Credit Score Service Works

After signing up, we'll present your Credit Score page on a monthly basis via Message Center. This page is accessible through a message that is delivered to you through Message Center. The first message will be delivered 7-10 business days after opting in below.
It seems that most of us could get to be a member via a $10 donation to reachoutforschools

Member Summary
Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.

Per an online chat, one current member of DCU discovered not all members get the access right away....

DCU Customer Care.: Hi Shashank, welcome to DCU LiveHelp.
shashank: My friend is able to see FICO Credit Score, can I get access of FICO Credit Score using my account?
DCU Customer Care.: Because this program is brand new, DCU is rolling it out to our members in batches to ensure that registration goes smoothly and any bugs are worked out before the entire membership is notified. The program will be rolled out to the entire membership by the end of the month.
DCU Customer Care.: Please keep an eye out for the link in your Message Center to register for this service.
shashank: ok, how long do you think it will take to get message ?
DCU Customer Care.: I cannot be certain. You should receive sometime this month

Hard pull?

They pulled chexsystems for me on 03/11/2010 and all I wanted was a savings account...DENIED

edit: There was no hard inquiry with my 03/12/2010 credit reports pull.

EDIT2:HARD INQUIRY at Equifax showed up on my 3/14/2010 pull with a 03/11/2010 date

thanks for the tip OP, I am a current dcu member and it worked.

Just FYI I am a current member and they are really good. You can get a real person on the phone far easier than BOFA. Transfers from ING to DCU take only 2 days. ATM fees are refunded. My paycheck goes in a day early on thursday rather than friday. Their tellers are even really friendly. Its not the place to hold large amounts of money, but for my day to day checking needs it is the best. Also for me they are local so if I need large amounts of cash or whatnot quickly they are really good too.

Excellent option, thanks!
Can someone confirm if opening a savings account is sufficient to receive Equifax FICO updates or is a checking account or a credit card required?

skwz said: Hard pull?

As of last summer, they were still performing a hard pull via Equifax for new accounts.

finophyte said: skwz said: Hard pull?

As of last summer, they were still performing a hard pull via Equifax for new accounts.
I now see a hard pull at Equifax

jackcrawfish said: finophyte said: skwz said: Hard pull?

the email they had send Indicated clearly that it will be a soft pull, so i had signed up.didnt know they will do a hard pull.

jackcrawfish said: finophyte said: skwz said: Hard pull?

I just faced this kind of scenario today. so relax. i had got a quote for liberty auto rent insurance quote. i use privacysource from bank of america website from 4 year to watch my history. it showed a hard inquiry on Equifax for the insurance quote. i got scared and panicked. i wanted to dispute this inquiry. so i logged into Equifax main website to start a dispute.as i went through the dispute process i did not see the liberty insurance as a hard inquiry. i saw it as a soft inquiry.

Moral of short story : Every other credit monitoring sites use different factor to give you results. So for credit monitoring site has a hard inquiry does not mean that to be some other credit site. the benchmark id Equifax experian and transunion

so RELAX Jack

lakshmi111 said: Excellent option, thanks!
Can someone confirm if opening a savings account is sufficient to receive Equifax FICO updates or is a checking account or a credit card required?

i guess with credit unions both savings and checking are a must to open(In My Opinion)
whenever i open a checking account i am asked another 5$ in savings account. i am hoping Converse is also true.

kichubhai99 said: jackcrawfish said: finophyte said: skwz said: Hard pull?

I just faced this kind of scenario today. so relax. i had got a quote for liberty auto rent insurance quote. i use privacysource from bank of america website from 4 year to watch my history. it showed a hard inquiry on Equifax for the insurance quote. i got scared and panicked. i wanted to dispute this inquiry. so i logged into Equifax main website to start a dispute.as i went through the dispute process i did not see the liberty insurance as a hard inquiry. i saw it as a soft inquiry.

Moral of short story : Every other credit monitoring sites use different factor to give you results. So for credit monitoring site has a hard inquiry does not mean that to be some other credit site. the benchmark id Equifax experian and transunion

so RELAX Jack
I understood Jack's post to mean that when opening the credit union account / membership, there was a hard inquiry.

I don't believe he meant to say the hard inquiry was from a credit score monitoring service inquiry.

Yes.

My hard inquiry happened as a result of applying for membership to the credit union.

diannesdesigns said: kichubhai99 said: jackcrawfish said: finophyte said: skwz said: Hard pull?

so RELAX Jack
I understood Jack's post to mean that when opening the credit union account / membership, there was a hard inquiry.

I don't believe he meant to say the hard inquiry was from a credit score monitoring service inquiry.

EVEN I DONT MEAN TO SAY "the hard inquiry was from a credit score monitoring service inquiry" They are always SOFT PULLS FROM credit monitoring service.

What i meant to say was the credit monitoring service can show a HARD PULL whereas Equifax Website report Could show SOFT PULL. i donot want get in a debate. what i experienced today i mentioned it. i am not denying credit membership doing HARD PULL. All my credit union membership were HARD PULLS IN PAST Ex NASA FCU(2008), DCU (2005), Chartway (2003) etc. I asked recently a credit union they told me they will pull a HARD inquiry. i am just trying to say what the DCU could also be right regarding SOFT PULL.

We announced the availability of obtaining your free FICO score through
PC Branch in February's Member's Monthly Newsletter. We began rolling
out this service March 1, 2010. Because this is a new service we are
offering our members, we want to make sure that you are able to get the
most from this and that we are able to quickly identify and address any
concerns with using this tool. We made the decision to offer the free
FICO score service in phases throughout the month of March. We
apologize if the information we sent in our newsletter was misleading.
All of our members will be eligible to obtain their free FICO score and
you will receive an email in Message Center when it is available to you.
We thank you for your patience in allowing us to make sure we are
offering you the most effective tool possible for monitoring your
credit.

Sincerely,

Melanie
Information Center Team Leader
Digital Federal Credit Union"

Has anyone been successful with enrollment and subsequent FICO score retrieval?

I'm a member and signed up for the FICO thing early in April after receiving the offer in my message center. My first score arrived about a week later and another at the end of April. The next one will probably show up around the 31st.

I bank with Chase and I get free Experian FICO score from them once a month...I can check my score when I log in to my account online.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014