• Text Only
Does anyone know if they really did change to 1% CashBack? I haven't called... yet.

This card features Cash Back rebates of 5.00% on gas purchases (which equates to a reduction of 15¢ on the gallon†) and 1% Cash Back rebates on all other retail purchases!

Crap, not worth dealing with these people now. Online card access is still pathetic and goes to a 3rd party provider that has just as lame a website.

Well, no need if you have Penfed 5%. Otherwise, 5% on gas is still pretty useful.

PenFed CashBack is only 0.25%

Pretty simple rule
Gas: Use Penfed or Fort Knox (redundant now that you can't pay CC bill with 2% card, so cancel Fort Knox if they annoy you)
Everything Else: Don't use Penfed. See "what credit card I should get" thread.

mattun said:   Pretty simple rule
Gas: Use Penfed or Fort Knox (redundant now that you can't pay CC bill with 2% card, so cancel Fort Knox if they annoy you)
Everything Else: Don't use Penfed. See "what credit card I should get" thread.
I prefer the Fort Knox for gas because of the automatic statement credit - nothing to redeem. You can do the same if you have the Penfed Cash Rewards but my guess is most people here converted to the Penfed Platinum Rewards for the bonus.

Anyone ever try to get a reconsideration on the limit. Requested 10K thinking they would approve or counter with a limit in line with my other cards... Nope $2500..

They're super conservative. The higher the limit on your other cards, the lower they feel comfortable giving you. Shifty Fatwallet-types.

jb0506 said:   Does anyone know if they really did change to 1% CashBack? I haven't called... yet.

My Statement just ended, seems the bonus is 1% now.

I pushed $1000 through the payment system around Decemeber and recieved a $10 rebate.

Oh well, still a good gas card.

It was asked once before but I didn't fully understand, do purchases inside the gas station count as gas also, or is it just the pumps themselves? I've never had a gas rewards card; Is this true for most gas rewards cards, or this one in particular? I was under the impression rewards gas cards could be used inside the gas station for gift cards if they station sells them. Can anyone clarify? Thanks.

you could clarify. go to a gas station, make a purchase inside, and then look at your bill.

I could clarify myself... if I had the card, but as I said, I've never had one before. I guess I was ambiguous, so let me restate myself, I have never had one before and currently do not, nor will I in the future unless I can verify this. I have a hybrid and only spend $40/mo on gas as is, so the rewards would be well under $100/yr unless they can be used inside.

DELETED

After doing a bunch more research on gas rewards I realize I was a bit snippy in my earlier reply, especially if you were trying to suggest I look deeper, so thanks for the motivation OliverQuackenbush. Now I realize most gas stations are coded one of two ways, one as automated gas the other just gas purchase. Cards that specify rewards are at the pump, such as penfed, rely on the coding being set to automated gas (from my understanding), while some other cards give rewards on both categories.

I think the reason you suggest I verify for myself is that it's possible for any of the hundreds of fuel stations in my city to be miscoded as automated, and that finding that is the door to gift card churning at gas stations. Thanks again, and sorry for being a jerk

For the Fort Knox Federal Credit Union Visa Gas Card, does the 5% count if you buy gas from a discount store (WalMart) warehouse store (Costco or Sams Club)?

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014