• Go to page :
  • 1 23
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Get $250 in gift cards (25000 bonus points) when you spend spend $1000 within 3 months with AmEx Premier Rewards card. Offer will expire on 4/27/10. There is no annual fee for the first year. You can find details about points to gift cards exchange at http://www.membershiprewards.com/

Terms:

Offer not available to existing consumer American Express Charge Cardmembers. The annual fee for the Premier Rewards Gold Card is $175. To be eligible to earn bonus points, you must be enrolled in the Membership Rewards® program at the time of spend and you must charge $1,000 of eligible purchases in your first three months of Card membership on an eligible, enrolled Premier Rewards Gold Card. Eligible purchases do not include cash and cash equivalent transactions (including balance transfers, convenience checks, and cash advances), finance charges, fees, and purchase credit adjustments. Offer expires 04/27/2010. 25,000 bonus points will be credited to your Membership Rewards account 8-10 weeks after you meet the spend requirement. Limit one offer per Card Account. Bonus ID 3916. Terms and Conditions of the Membership Rewards® program apply. Visit membershiprewards.com/terms or call 1-800-AXP-EARN (297-3276) for more information. Participating partners and available rewards are subject to change without notice.

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
Has anyone received the 250000 bonus points yet? I haven't receive mine yet. How long did it take to get your points? An... (more)

BTPlayer (Aug. 05, 2010 @ 3:50p) |

got it already, 250k points and redeemed for $250 Home Depot card.

cli168 (Aug. 05, 2010 @ 4:40p) |

Update:

Applied back when this offer was posted and was enrolled in Membership rewards on 5/5/10.

Made purchases within 3 ... (more)

Minoritydan (Oct. 19, 2010 @ 8:28p) |

Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.

Please update title:
Earn 10,000 Membership Rewards - bonus points with your first purchase.2 Plus, get 15,000 bonus points when you spend $30,000 per calendar year3.

-----
That's not true
Depending on your web browser, you may see 10k or 25k rewards with first 1k purchase.
  • Also categorized in:

Not showing 25k only 10k.

No annual fee for the first year & Earn 10,000 bonus points after first purchase

Thanks! I got approved!

Your link sent me to the 25,000 point offer, and I got a screen capture. As I was signing up, the sidebar showed the 10,000 point offer. So I'll have to wait and see what the paperwork says when it arrives.

Rorer714 said: Not showing 25k only 10k.

No annual fee for the first year & Earn 10,000 bonus points after first purchase

I'm seeing the same thing when I click on the OP's link as well.

Read closely

Earn 10,000 Membership Rewards - bonus points with your first purchase.2 Plus, get 15,000 bonus points when you spend $30,000 per calendar year3.

"For a limited time - earn 25,000 Membership Rewards ® bonus points, redeemable toward one domestic coach-class ticket!

Earn 25,000 bonus points when you spend $1,000 within your first 3 months"

People who are seeing 10k pts; what browser are you on? ... I see 25k in FF/Chrome/Opera.
UPDATE: looks like having an AMEX login cookie might be preventing people from seeing the 25k?

3x on airlines, not bad... "Offer not available to existing consumer American Express Charge Cardmembers"

The splash page indicating 25K bonus points after $1K purchase reads "Bonus ID 3916" in the fine print. Hover over the little blue "2" to see this.

The actual application offers 10K points after $1K purchase and reads: Bonus ID 3661.

So, my guess is that they are applying Bonus ID 3661 (10K points) to your application online. If you call, maybe you can indicate Bonus ID 3916 and have this attached to the application instead.

amex 25k (149.71kB)
Disclaimer
I saw 25k with IE. Only 10k with FF

JTFH said: "For a limited time - earn 25,000 Membership Rewards ® bonus points, redeemable toward one domestic coach-class ticket!

Earn 25,000 bonus points when you spend $1,000 within your first 3 months"

People who are seeing 10k pts; what browser are you on? ... I see 25k in FF/Chrome/Opera.

3x on airlines, not bad... I just opened a StarRewards card and spent $16 to get the 125 bonus. Wonder how my application will be treated.

Shows 25K for me in IE as well. Make sure you dont have any AMEX cookies in the browser you are using. For me, it wouldnt show up in FF as I had logged into my AMEX account with it yesterday.

When I use ie it shows 25k but when i click through to the app I get this:

Damn, showed 25 at home this morning, went to apply today at work an it is back down to 10. Really need a charge card so I can cash in my points for SWA flights.

redeemable for cash?

"Offer not available to existing consumer American Express Charge Cardmembers"

does it mean if you have any other AMEX cards you can not get this offer?

It's amazing to me some of the inferences you folks make. I thought you were Fatwallet-ers...

I have churned AMEX sign-up deals many, many times. Thoughts based on my experience:

- The sign-up discrepancy is not a Firefox vs. IE issue. Simply, the splash page references one offer while the application itself references the other. YOU WILL NOT get the 25K points referenced in the splash page if your application is coded for the 10K offer. Your best bet is to apply for this over the phone, mention Bonus ID 3916, and confirm that your application is coded for the 25K points offer.

- These are not redeemable for cash. They are redeemable for gift cards to places which you might already spend cash (like Home Depot).

- You are not eligible if you already have a CONSUMER AMEX card. If you have BUSINESS AMEX cards you are eligible. More frequently, this 25K points offer is associated with new business accounts.

parmenides said: - The sign-up discrepancy is not a Firefox vs. IE issue.

For what it's worth.....when I first clicked markber's link, I got the 25K splash page. But since I was using the Opera browser, I wanted my application to be more secure so I copied the link into Firefox. The offer suddenly changed to 10K.

So then I cut the link out of the Firefox browser and re-pasted it into Opera. Back to 25K. (However, when I click "Apply" on the Opera splash page, I'm taken to a page that only shows a 10K bonus).

parmenides said:
- You are not eligible if you already have a CONSUMER AMEX card. If you have BUSINESS AMEX cards you are eligible. More frequently, this 25K points offer is associated with new business accounts.

you're ineligible if you have consumer charge card, not consumer credit card (like AMEX Blue) as I understand.

swandown said: parmenides said: - The sign-up discrepancy is not a Firefox vs. IE issue.

For what it's worth.....when I first clicked markber's link, I got the 25K splash page. But since I was using the Opera browser, I wanted my application to be more secure so I copied the link into Firefox. The offer suddenly changed to 10K.

So then I cut the link out of the Firefox browser and re-pasted it into Opera. Back to 25K. (However, when I click "Apply" on the Opera splash page, I'm taken to a page that only shows a 10K bonus).

OK, but I'm telling you that what counts is the bonus ID associated with the application.

Everyone, regardless of browser, gets the 10K offer on the application screen. The browser issue is a non-issue.

What you want is for your application to be coded with the 25K bonus. The on-line application will not do that presently. It does not matter what browser you use. Understand?

Call them and reference the 25K bonus ID. Tell them that's the one you want. Then, report back here and let us know how it went.

Memories of the AMEX OPEN Gold card come rushing back... too bad this isn't a business card.

What is consumer American Express Charge Cardmembers? I have a AMEX blue cash. I don't know whether I am eligible.

What is consumer American Express Charge Cardmembers? I have a AMEX blue cash. I don't know whether I am eligible.

better hury cause as of 7/1 they wont be partnering with AMEX any longer Text

VerbalK said: Damn, showed 25 at home this morning, went to apply today at work an it is back down to 10. Really need a charge card so I can cash in my points for SWA flights.

uhmm this is for new AMEX applications

if you already own a AMEX... app is shorter and so is the bonus (10K)

evanm said: try this linkThanks for that link, it worked like a charm - Instant approval for 25,000 points!

Clicked on original link, took me to 25k promo both times.

For a limited time - earn 25,000 Membership Rewards® bonus points when you spend $1,000 in first 3 months2, redeemable toward one domestic coach-class ticket3. Plus, get 15,000 bonus points when you spend $30,000 per calendar year4.

does this card or any other offer free AAA/car breakdown service??

Congratulations, your application is approved!

We are excited to welcome you to Card membership and all the benefits and services that come with your Card. You should receive your Card in the mail in the next 7 to 10 days. For your protection, your Card will arrive in a plain white envelope from Omaha, NE.

Thanks for the link.

vickh said: does this card or any other offer free AAA/car breakdown service??

This might help...

http://www.creditcardguide.com/creditcards/travel/credit-card-de...

Now I am lost. I have costco/AMEX credit card. Does that mean if I apply for this card with "yes" to "current card member" question then i only get 10k? Should I apply as if I'm a new card member and capture the screen?

wwon717 said: uhmm this is for new AMEX applications

angelmartinez said: Clicked on original link, took me to 25k promo both times.

For a limited time - earn 25,000 Membership Rewards® bonus points when you spend $1,000 in first 3 months2, redeemable toward one domestic coach-class ticket3. Plus, get 15,000 bonus points when you spend $30,000 per calendar year4.
It appears that the original link has been updated to point to the 25k offer (offer 3916).

Allegedly, I still have American Express blue card, which I haven't used in years, and last year I closed Delta SkikeMiles card by AMEX.

Am I eligible for this offer?

apply as new customer, that was what I did.

clar said: Now I am lost. I have costco/AMEX credit card. Does that mean if I apply for this card with "yes" to "current card member" question then i only get 10k? Should I apply as if I'm a new card member and capture the screen?

wwon717 said: uhmm this is for new AMEX applications

To clarify for everyone who is confused about terms for existing customers: If you have ever owned any type of AMEX (excluding gift cards), you're NOT eligible for 25K offer. Period!

mysteryAgain said: To clarify for everyone who is confused about terms for existing customers: If you have ever owned any type of AMEX (excluding gift cards), you're NOT eligible for 25K offer. Period!

Wrong.

Feel free to not take advantage of the bonus, though. I'll let you know when my points post.

I was told over the phone that you CAN get the points in you have a blue card & apply for this offer. The CSR also told me to make sure I write down the bonus ID number so I can call them with it in the unlikely even I do not get the points as promised.

got instant approval as a new customer. took screen shot of the two pages that says 25k bonus points in case they don't give to me. worst case is i have one more card under my name and have to remember to cancel it on 11th month so I don't get hit with 175 annual fee!!!

Well, I gave it a shot... got a deferral notice (14 days). I called before hand and said they couldn't process without an invitation code. I thought I had the code, but he said it wasn't recognized... we'll se.

"Offer not available to existing consumer American Express Charge Cardmembers"

charge cards are the ones you have to pay in full every month, credit cards are revolving balance you don't have to pay in full every month, since blue card is revolving, it doesn't disqualify you from this deal, both i and wife have signed up, good deal

I just got an AMEX business card (50K bonus points) approved yesterday...and got approved for this personal card today. Link worked great, no apparent conflict in having both cards...75K miles and counting! (awaiting decision on 50K united chase card).

Skipping 53 Messages...
Update:

Applied back when this offer was posted and was enrolled in Membership rewards on 5/5/10.

Made purchases within 3 months totaling $1200+, but never received the points.

Customer Service confirmed I should have received the points so they are opening up an inquiry to see why I did not - I should receive them in 2-3 days.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014