• Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
Title pretty much says it all -- I want to but some Priority Mail Tape -- the same roll of tape that was free from USPS several months ago. I am looking for 10 rolls or so.... Paying $2 a roll + shipping. Payment via Paypal credit card.

roamerr on heatware

why you buy it. it is free in post office, just ask them for it, in addition, it is illegal for selling the tape

My post office will give one or two boxes but not a roll of tape.... I guess the $2 is a "handling" fee...

Go to the PO and ask them for a "priority mail supply order form"
it has all the items that you can get for free. Tape it "label 106A" I have used this for years. just fill it out and send it in.
I can copy it and send it to you if you wish...

Better yet call....1-800-610-8734. Again Priority mail tape is "label 106A" ask for as many rolls as you wish. If i were you i would add in a few other boxes just so they dont think that you are just using the tape for something else. All these items are FREE. shipping included.
During one order i got 35 different boxes of stuff. ALL FREE!!!

GoHERE and see what boxes you might want and then call the #. They also have some cool Shipping labbels that can include you name printed on them.

Good luck!

It should be free.

i ordered mine online at their website not that long ago, not sure why it isnt there anymore.

I'm calling my local POffice right now to find out what they say,

Well Dan just told me to comon down as did Harry at another office.
So here in Calfornia no problem. However in the past I have been asked to order it as they don't like to have to stock it at the local POffice.

It should be available.

But if not PM me and I'll send some maybe if it's not illegal.
Can't see that it would be. I'm doing a service not really selling the tape.

Found thi out when I called the national supply location.

You can fax an order to
1-800-270-6233

or go to
supplies.usps.gov

regards,

Priority tape isn't available online, just two different-sized packs of stickers.

andre1000 said: [Q]....
or go to
supplies.usps.gov

regards,

I have ordered it in the past too from the web site. Maybe too many people ordered it and didn't use it for mailing, so they discontinuted it.

The post office took the priority tape off of their web site a few months ago. The tape is horrible. It always splits and isn't easy to use. I didn't like it and it was sent to me for free. I can't believe anyone would pay for this tape.

I tried two local post offices Friday and neither would give out the tape -- this is normal in this area. Neither had the order form. I will try the 800 # on Monday -- hopefully that will work.

I live in small town NC and my local post office really is only fair at items that use a $.37 stamp. I had issues with Flat Rate envelopes until I finally had the local post office call USPS Marketing and they explained that Flat Rate Envelope can be used to ship anything as long as the envelope seals. I use the Priority Tape to seal the envelopes since they have poor tape.

I hate to use clear tape since it leaves questions of the envelope seals itself or not. The Priority Tape is colored and is thus harder to see through.

If I can not order some Monday then I will offer a "handling fee and shipping" for someone to ship me some rolls.

Thanks for the suggestions and offers.....

You can order Priority and Express Mail supplies for free on the USPS Web Site. It's true they no longer offer Priority Mail tape, but it's a horrible tape (for packaging purposes) anyway. The best (and often cheapest) packaging tape is the 3M 6-pack (100 yards per tape) which Staples sells for $12, but offten for $8 or $10. I usually buy several 6-packs when they have it for $8. It's a high-quality tape.

Just tried the 800# -- was shot down on tape -- not available.....

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014