Disclaimer
Blockbuster Express has the coupon codes:

GT14A
GT15A
SSD16A2
SSD16A3
SSD16A4
SSD17A1

good for a free rental at a Blockbuster Express kiosk.

Click here to find a Blockbuster Express kiosk near you!

(FatWallet Deal Hunter staff posts are certified ad-free. No money, bribes, or candy have been accepted.)

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
This is a deal site. This is a free code thread. We don't want clutter in here like your opinions.

Get it now?

Rambler (Oct. 18, 2010 @ 5:56a) |

Well considering that there's about three dozen other comments expressing their opinions, I figured it was okay for me t... (more)

Mike570 (Oct. 18, 2010 @ 12:25p) |

Rambler, don't be rude to other members, please. You should know better.

I have a new code that I got in an email yester... (more)

jvisnefski (Oct. 20, 2010 @ 8:48a) |

GL14A - Thanks psxzombie!!

Couple more ripped from googling...
SSD17A2
SSD17A3
SSD17A4

Click Here for Blockbuster Express that carry Blu-ray
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

GL14A is good, too.

psxzombie said: GL14A is good, too.

Thanks!

Are these codes like Coke reward codes? Unique codes where only one person can use them or can anyone use the codes?

I've been stiffed several times by their kiosks. It will report that your code worked and still bill you for the movie. This has happened on 5 of 8 rentals. Buyer beware.

Can you contest the charges with your credit card company (use credit instead of debit for this)? If the machine said free rental and you return it within the free time period, you shouldn't have to pay? They shouldn't bill you after the fact, its just bad business.

Blockbuster's every attempt to modernize their business has been a failure. I used their Netflix-like movies by mail service, and it was awful -- really badly managed and executed. I'm not surprised their Johnny-come-lately kiosks are also buggy.

Hey thanks, it says there is one near me on the corner gas station, I'll have to look !

My closest kiosk is 11.99 miles away. I guess I'm lucky. They've made my decision not to participate easy for me.

Oddly, they've "taken over" several of the kiosks that used to be Redbox around here. I don't know if the Redbox contracts lapsed, or whether BB just bought their way into the spots. Ironically, one of them is inside a grocery store where you can actually see a physical BB location while you're checking out an express DVD. Forget cannibalism...that's like an admission that your business model has failed.

How much are movies without the coupon? I'm kinda doubting it's $1 like RedBox.

Stranger2000 said: Blockbuster's every attempt to modernize their business has been a failure. I used their Netflix-like movies by mail service, and it was awful -- really badly managed and executed. I'm not surprised their Johnny-come-lately kiosks are also buggy.

Must be your area. Blockbuster Online is much better than Netflix in my area. Blockbuster kicks Netflix's butt out here. Faster delivery times and you get the movies you want more quickly.

0AfterRebates said: How much are movies without the coupon? I'm kinda doubting it's $1 like RedBox.

Yep, $1/day around here. They literally mimic RedBox's business model in almost every way. Not that it's a bad thing, just probably too little, too late for the company.

thx!

ash78 said: 0AfterRebates said: How much are movies without the coupon? I'm kinda doubting it's $1 like RedBox.

Yep, $1/day around here. They literally mimic RedBox's business model in almost every way. Not that it's a bad thing, just probably too little, too late for the company.

yeah, unfortunately I don't see much of a future for the B&M's...

They charge about $5.50 in-store, which is in my opinion driving rental customers away. Funny thing is there are many movies on the $4 table that I see people renting for $5. This is probably why there aren't many express boxes.

ablang said: My closest kiosk is 11.99 miles away. I guess I'm lucky. They've made my decision not to participate easy for me.

Is that approximately 11.99 miles?

riznick said: Stranger2000 said: Blockbuster's every attempt to modernize their business has been a failure. I used their Netflix-like movies by mail service, and it was awful -- really badly managed and executed. I'm not surprised their Johnny-come-lately kiosks are also buggy.

Must be your area. Blockbuster Online is much better than Netflix in my area. Blockbuster kicks Netflix's butt out here. Faster delivery times and you get the movies you want more quickly.

You must live in a really different place than I do. Netflix videos come in about a day. When I tried Blockbuster online, videos took days to come. I get twice as many during the same time period with Netflix.

cows123 said: You must live in a really different place than I do. Netflix videos come in about a day. When I tried Blockbuster online, videos took days to come. I get twice as many during the same time period with Netflix.

Back when I had Netflix the first time (02-03), it was typically almost a week turnaround for a disc, door-to-door. This obviously gets annoying. These days, however, Netflix themselves advertise 2 day turnarounds for 80%(?) of the US, and one additional day for almost everyone else. They've increased their distribution centers 4x or 5x in the past 6-8 years.

I hated Netflix in those early days, but now it's the model of efficiency.

do these kiosks offer blu-ray titles?

cows123 said: riznick said: Stranger2000 said: Blockbuster's every attempt to modernize their business has been a failure. I used their Netflix-like movies by mail service, and it was awful -- really badly managed and executed. I'm not surprised their Johnny-come-lately kiosks are also buggy.

You must live in a really different place than I do. Netflix videos come in about a day. When I tried Blockbuster online, videos took days to come. I get twice as many during the same time period with Netflix.

I get blockbuster in less than a day of shipment (lets say 1 day turnaround). I signed up on a Monday night and got my movies on Tuesday. Netflix was about 1 day, but sometimes took 2. I live next to the distribution centers for both.

With blockbuster, I also get to exchange my returns with instore rentals. An optimal week would be (if I had the time). Monday I get 3 DVD's, I can possibly watch them and return them on Monday and get 3 more. I could also return those on Monday. By the time I get the 3 movies returned on Monday, they would probably ship more on Tuesday. I get them on Wednesday and can do the cycle again. That gives me a possible 18 movies per week. I am curious if I returned them early enough in the day that I would get more the next day... Anyhow, with BB, you don't have to wait for the mail to get back to the distribution center.

Also, I posted in OT, my frustrations with Netflix over a 6 month period. I had to wait until like May for movies I put in my top 20 in November. This wasn't a fluke, as it happened with all of my top 20. It takes longer to get new releases with Netflix. Long waits at Blockbuster mean almost nothing as I get everything quickly.

VaIhalla said: do these kiosks offer blu-ray titles?

Very few locations - list here

Couple more ripped from googling...
SSD17A2
SSD17A3
SSD17A4

Stranger2000 said: Blockbuster's every attempt to modernize their business has been a failure. I used their Netflix-like movies by mail service, and it was awful -- really badly managed and executed. I'm not surprised their Johnny-come-lately kiosks are also buggy.

AMEN!
Blockbuster simply DOES NOT CARE about their customers.
We used to go to their stores and do the by mail movies, the service both ways sucked and they suck as a company for sure.
They NEVER listen to any problem you may have when you write them about it and certainly don't ever strive to fix it.

So far with Netflix it's a totally different story-they have AMAZING customer service!

Just fyi for anyone how's curious so they wont have to find out the hard way with Blockbuster as I have.

** I do have to add that it's frustrating that with Netflix it's very hard to get new releases but if I have to have them I just go to RedBox.

riznick said: Stranger2000 said: Blockbuster's every attempt to modernize their business has been a failure. I used their Netflix-like movies by mail service, and it was awful -- really badly managed and executed. I'm not surprised their Johnny-come-lately kiosks are also buggy.

Same here. BB Sucks!

You can use the codes online, which can help you test them. However you won't know if it works or not until you actually try to checkout. When you just apply the codes online, most will work, but some won't work once you try to checkout.

Also I've never had any charges stick using my debit card for BB or Redbox, but both do apply temp charges for up to a week that disappear eventually.

Used both many times and still like Redbox better, but never had problems with either and Redbox not giving away many codes anymore.

cows123 said: riznick said: Stranger2000 said: Blockbuster's every attempt to modernize their business has been a failure. I used their Netflix-like movies by mail service, and it was awful -- really badly managed and executed. I'm not surprised their Johnny-come-lately kiosks are also buggy.

I've used both. There is no difference. They're both very efficient. I just don't have time to watch videos to make it worth my monthly fee. It's much more cost effective for me to rent at Redbox. The only con is I can't always rent the movie I want whereas with Netflix or BB, I can at least request them by putting them in my queue.

BB is no Redbox! Why are they still open?

mediaslave said: I've been stiffed several times by their kiosks. It will report that your code worked and still bill you for the movie. This has happened on 5 of 8 rentals. Buyer beware.

I agree. Be aware of overcharging. I contacted customer service and she said it just looked like I was being charged and the charges would be removed the next day. The charges stayed and when I emailed customer service, they told me I had to call. So guess what I was told once I called.

Thanks

GT14A worked for me and i did not get charged when i returned it

mediaslave said: I've been stiffed several times by their kiosks. It will report that your code worked and still bill you for the movie. This has happened on 5 of 8 rentals. Buyer beware.How did this eventually turn out?

Does BBE allow the same code to be used several times with different CCs? When I get a free code with redbox I can use it several times by just using it with different cards each time.

yes

VaIhalla said: do these kiosks offer blu-ray titles? yes they have blu-ray and some 3d also

For everyone's benefit, GL14A expires on June 30, 2010.

The following codes did NOT work for me yesterday (in Washington State)they were all rejected as invalid:
SSD16A2
SSD16A3
SSD16A4

Tried these today - didn't work:
GT14A
GT15A
GL14A

SSD17A2 worked today!

Thanks!

VaIhalla said: do these kiosks offer blu-ray titles?

If memory serves me correctly, I think I checked a box at my local safeway and they have a VERY limited selection of Blueray movies.

New code: G616A3

Skipping 27 Messages...
Rambler, don't be rude to other members, please. You should know better.

I have a new code that I got in an email yesterday. Tried it last night and it works for my area.

GT17B

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014