• filter:
  • 1 234517
  • Page
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
starting 8-23-11, starbucks will be offering free apps and books, in addition to the free songs. the first free app is shazam encore.

you will need to pick up one of their cards with a code on it (like the free iTunes song downloads) and download it using that

this thread will be updated (lemonhead's idea ) as new apps are introduced (weekly). updates will be in the section immediately following this post

code sharing thread located here                      

i have been archiving anything that's older than 6 months. if you need that info, send me a PM

updated

08/26 - app - lumosity mobile (download)(exp nov 18th, 2014)
08/26 - app - unpossible (game)(exp nov 18th, 2014)

Ads by Google
Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
updated

07/29 - music - jenny lewis - just one of the guys (download)(exp oct 21st, 2014)
07/29 - music - eric clapton & f... (more)

morecowbell (Aug. 10, 2014 @ 12:36a) |

updated

08/12 - app - bricks (game)(exp nov 4th, 2014)
08/12 - app - teggle (game)(exp nov 4th, 2014)
08/19 - music - baham... (more)

morecowbell (Aug. 22, 2014 @ 1:37a) |

updated

morecowbell (Aug. 30, 2014 @ 2:52a) |

PLEASE NOTE - DO NOT Beg, Borrow, Steal, or even Ask for codes, this is NOT the thread for this - if you want to create your own thread like the official coke rewards thread, then feel free to do so, posts asking for codes DO NOT BELONG IN THIS THREAD.

Please also note, that these codes have an expiration date - and despite the fact that they are random different codes, they all have the same expiration date (per app) I am updating the shazam expiration date, if someone could, please update the others as well so we can keep that up to date as well.

code sharing thread located here 

please just append to the list if editing to add new entry

02/04 - music - dum dum girls - are you okay? (exp apr 29th, 2014)
02/04 - music - algebra blesset - right next to you (download)(exp apr 29th, 2014)
02/11 - app - incoboto mini (game)(download)(exp may 6th, 2014)
02/11 - app - machinarium (game)(exp may 6th, 2014)
02/18 - app - LYNE (game)(download)(exp may 13th, 2014)
02/18 - music - david nail - broke my heart (exp may 13th, 2014)
02/25 - music - twin forks - can't be broken (download)(exp may 20th, 2014)
02/25 - app - type rider (game)(exp may 20th, 2014)
03/04 - music - beck - blue moon (download)(exp may 27th, 2014)
03/04 - music - the notwist - kong (exp may 27th, 2014)
03/11 - app - sleep cycle alarm clock (download)(exp june 3rd, 2014)
03/11 - app - kami (game)(exp june 3rd, 2014)
03/18 - app - run roo run (game)(exp june 10th, 2014)
03/18 - music - lake street drive - you go down smooth (download)(exp june 10th, 2014)
03/25 - music - shakira - empire (download)(exp june 17th, 2014)
03/25 - music - the belle brigade - when everything was what it was (exp june 17th, 2014)
04/01 - app - picfx (download)(exp june 24th, 2014)
04/01 - app - postale (send digital postcards)(exp june 24th, 2014)
04/08 - app - symmetrain (game)(download)(exp july 1st, 2014)
04/08 - app - duet (game)(exp july 1st, 2014)
04/15 - app - kinetic gps (download)(exp july 8th, 2014)
04/15 - book - letters from catbug (exp july 8th, 2014)
04/22 - music - kelis - jerk ribs (download)(exp july 15th, 2014)
04/22 - app - word science (game)(exp july 15th, 2014)
04/29 - app - on the line (game)(download)(exp july 22nd, 2014)
04/29 - video - yo gabba gabba! - art (exp july 22nd, 2014)
05/06 - music - sarah mclachlan - in your shoes (download)(exp july 29th)
05/06 - music - little dragon - paris (exp july 29th)
05/13 - app - PicLab HD - studio design (exp aug 5th, 2014)
05/13 - music - the black keys - turn blue (exp aug 5th, 2014)
05/20 - music - coldplay - always in my head (download)(exp aug 12th, 2014)
05/20 - app - BBBBombs! (game)(exp aug 12th, 2014)
05/27 - music - sharon van etten - taking chances (exp aug 19th, 2014)
05/27 - app - groops (game)(exp aug 19th, 2014)
06/03 - app - jelly defense (game)(exp aug 26th, 2014)
06/03 - music - hamilton leithauser - i don't need anyone (download)(exp aug 26th, 2014)
06/10 - app - union (utility)(exp sept 2nd, 2014)
06/10 - app - lost yeti (game)(exp sept 2nd, 2014)
06/17 - music - david gray - back in the world (exp sept 9th, 2014)
06/17 - music - playing for change - down by the riverside (exp sept 9th, 2014)
06/24 - app - time surfer (game)(exp sept 16th, 2014)
06/24 - app - thyme (download)(exp sept 16th, 2014)
07/01 - music - phox - slow motion (download)(exp sept 23rd, 2014)
07/01 - app - threes! (game)(exp sept 23rd, 2014)
07/08 - app - ...and then it rained (game)(download)(exp sept 30th, 2014)
07/08 - app - charlie brown's all-stars! (book)(exp sept 30th, 2014)
07/15 - music - slow club - wanderer wandering (download)(exp oct 7th, 2014)
07/15 - music - crosby, stills, nash & young - teach your children [1974](exp oct 7th, 2014)
07/22 - book - batman: the court of owls (download)(exp oct 14th, 2014)
07/22 - app - the great photo app (exp oct 14th, 2014)
07/29 - music - jenny lewis - just one of the guys (download)(exp oct 21st, 2014)
07/29 - music - eric clapton & friends - call me the breeze (exp oct 21st, 2014)
08/05 - app - stubies (game)(exp oct 28th, 2014)
08/05 - app - up next (utility)(exp oct 28th, 2014)
08/12 - app - bricks (game)(exp nov 4th, 2014)
08/12 - app - teggle (game)(exp nov 4th, 2014)
08/19 - music - bahamas - all the time (exp nov 11th, 2014)
08/19 - video - daniel tiger's neighborhood - safety patrol (tv episode)(exp nov 11th, 2014)

rated:
Did this work for you? There are no reports of this working for anyone yet.

rated:
are you saying that it didn't work for someone? or just that you want confirmation or you give red?

here's an article describing the deal today

(it says that you need to get the card at the register, but i usually see the cards laying around the store when i go)

rated:
morecowbell said:   are you saying that it didn't work for someone? or just that you want confirmation or you give red?

here's an article describing the deal today

(it says that you need to get the card at the register, but i usually see the cards laying around the store when i go)

so are all the codes the same? or does each card have a unique code?
i tried to stop by there this morning, but the line was just too long and i was already running 5-10 minutes behind and couldn't wait!
i have a buddy that goes to SB twice a day - I think he has an addiction - but he said he'd hook me up with a code card.

so my question - do you actually have to be on starbucks network to get the free app? or can i just use the code at home on my own wifi?

rated:
once you get a code, it goes via itunes and won't matter where you are when you redeem it. I doubt the code is the same.

rated:
the article mentions you need to get a card for free app of the week. that will probably have a code to redeem. So not sure where op got the idea of going to the starbucks wifi. Unless if that's the case, you can do that instead of getting a code. Would stop by the door and sign in their wifi to see what happens

rated:
I went in my local SB yesterday and the manager showed me an email stating that this starts on the 23rd.

rated:
Yeah, nothing so far. Hopefully next week...

BTW, I seriously doubt it will be done via WiFi, but it will be a card similar to the ones being handed out for tunes today with a code.

RED to op for not even checking this - I d/l the starbucks app and followed the steps - NOWHERE there is an option to download anything - since it's via iTunes, the only way it would be via an itunes code to redeem.

rated:
rsuaver said:   Yeah, nothing so far. Hopefully next week...

BTW, I seriously doubt it will be done via WiFi, but it will be a card similar to the ones being handed out for tunes today with a code.

RED to op for not even checking this - I d/l the starbucks app and followed the steps - NOWHERE there is an option to download anything - since it's via iTunes, the only way it would be via an itunes code to redeem.
i don't have an iphone. sorry i posted to try to help out the FW community

green to yardline for saying something productive

rated:
starts today

rated:
update: my gf got a card and downloaded the app using the code. works well

rated:
I picked up a couple today myself and the process is painless. The step by step directions are on the back of the card along with the coupon code.
Thanks 'cowbell fr the original heads up

rated:
Went to the store but they didn't have any cards. Went on the wifi but no go, error'd out for some reason Guess I'll try a different sbux tomorrow.

rated:
I have three codes if anyone needs them. First PM's get them!!

Gone for now!!

rated:
Got mine yesterday. Worked like a champ!

rated:
someone please PM a code pretty pretty please!

rated:
LMH9H6NHWYH3

Heres a code. Post if you already used it.

rated:
Please do not turn this into the "begging for codes thread" this is supposed to be a repository for the free apps

rated:
will stop tomorrow - tia. red removed

rated:
MikeBuzzsaw said:   LMH9H6NHWYH3

Heres a code. Post if you already used it.

code was used already... If you have one to spare please PM - don't post them...

rated:
apparently there are still some starbucks without these app cards - i have some contacts keeping a lookout and asked them to get back to me with their findings - these people go to starbucks at least once a day (some actually go twice) so if they can't find them, then I know there is something wrong!

I also noticed, that at the one place i found the app "pick of the week" cards, they did NOT have the music pick of the weeks cards so it doesn't appear that the promos are running side by side, but rather in place of.

rated:
updated 8-30-11

rated:
was never able to get shazam - if anyone has a spare code, please PM

rated:
morecowbell said:   updated 8-30-11
Thanks for the update MCB - I guess I'm gonna have to stop by and get a cup of coffee today

rated:
i picked up spy mouse yesterday

rated:
Shazam Encore codes attached in JPG (sorry I don't feel like typing them all)

Would appreciate a Spy Mouse code (I have 2 more Shazam Encore codes not posted to trade for 2 Spy Mouse)

rated:
Redeemed the second to last.

rated:
If anyone has a SpyMouse code, please PM me. I was able to get a few of last weeks to share, but they seem to have run out quicker this week.

rated:
Grabbed mine at Starbucks today!

rated:
what's this week's app? Stopped by and they were out of cards.

rated:
rsuaver said:   what's this week's app? Stopped by and they were out of cards.i went by yesterday and didn't see a new one yet. i'll try another one today and update if i see a new one.

if anyone else goes, feel free to update list

rated:
I have a Spy Mouse code to trade if you still have Shazam Encore codes available!

rated:
Geauxh said:   I have a Spy Mouse code to trade if you still have Shazam Encore codes available!wrong thread

code sharing thread

rated:
rsuaver said:   what's this week's app? Stopped by and they were out of cards.

this week is back to music. thought they were out of cards too, but then I went back and read the blog post:

We’ll keep the momentum going the following week with SPY mouse™ from Firemint and Electronic Arts Store. Created for iPhone and iPod touch users, this addictive game of danger, intrigue, stealth and cheese developed by the makers of Flight Control will have you obsessed. And since great music will, of course, remain central to what we do, one of our favorite songs off of a new album will follow the week after.

So it was shazam, then spy mouse, then back to songs. Not sure what's after that. Wish there was a schedule somewhere that said whether it was music, app, books, etc. that week.

rated:
rsuaver said:   what's this week's app? Stopped by and they were out of cards.
I stopped by my go to Starbucks yesterday and they were out of the cards too.

rated:
stopped by yesterday and saw a few hugh laurie music ones, and some other song (which i should have picked up, but didn't). no new apps, but i did update the code sharing thread with a few shazams and spymouses (mice?)

rated:
I didnt starbucks was doing this for apps. Will be on the lookout for these cards when I'm getting my caffeine fix. Thanks!

rated:
this week is a free book - The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern

rated:
turtlebud said:   this week is a free book - The Night Circus by Erin Morgensternyou beat me to it!

updated title to reflect "pick of the week" rather than "app of the week"

Skipping 631 Messages...
rated:
updated

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014