• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Must have a Facebook account

LINK

What is the FREE POPCORN promotion?

It's our way of making summer movie season even hotter for Yahoo! Movies' fans. We've partnered with Regal Entertainment Group to give away a million bags of free popcorn this summer at any Regal Cinemas, United Artists Theatres or Edwards Theatres location.

Sounds great. So how do I get my free popcorn?

There are two options to get your free popcorn. Read on for more details.

Option 1 - If you have a phone with SMS capabilities and a mobile browser, visit our Facebook page and follow the instructions to get a mobile coupon sent to your phone via SMS*. The SMS will contain a link to display your mobile coupon in your mobile browser. You can bring this coupon to concessions to redeem for your free small popcorn

Option 2 - If you have a smartphone with GPS/Location services and a mobile browser, you can visit any Regal Cinemas, United Artists Theatres or Edwards Theatres location this summer. While you're there, use your smartphone browser to visit http://popcorn.yahoo.net and follow the on-screen instructions.

After you complete the instructions, you'll get an instant coupon on your phone good for a free small popcorn you can redeem immediately. Please note, you must follow the steps on our mobile site and you cannot get a mobile coupon by logging in directly to Facebook.

If you want to save some time at the theatre, text "popcorn" to 35350 before you go, and a link to the mobile site will be sent to your phone. You can also "Like" us on Facebook ahead of time and skip that step at the theatre.

When does this free popcorn offer end?

August 31, 2011 or when one million coupons have been redeemed, whichever comes first.

Do I need to give out any personal information to get my free popcorn?

We don't collect or save any personal information for this promotion. However, you will need to log in to your Facebook account to participate. (This is so we can verify your location and coupon eligibility.) If you don't have a Facebook account, you can create one for free at Facebook.com.

Do I need to print the coupon?

No, you do not need to print the coupon in order to receive your free popcorn. This is a mobile coupon promotion, which means the coupon can be scanned directly from the screen on your smartphone.

Do I have to use the coupon right away and how often can I get a coupon?

You can get one coupon once per day. The coupon is valid until 8am EST seven days after being activated.

How do I find my nearest Regal theatre?

Visit www.regmovies.com/ticketsandshowtimes/ to find locations and showtimes and to buy tickets at participating theatres.

What are the rules of the promotion?

Offer valid through August 31, 2011 at 11:59 PM EDT or until one million coupons have been redeemed (whichever comes first), at participating Regal Cinemas, United Artists Theaters or Edwards Theaters locations. . No substitutions allowed. Present coupon at concession stand for redemption. Coupon expires once redeemed. Coupons redeemed in theater are valid for same day use and will auto-expire at 8:00am EDT the coupon is issued. Coupons redeemed through SMS expire 7 days from being sent to phone. A Facebook account and phone with mobile browser and SMS capabilites are required for instant coupon redemption. Limit one coupon per person. Void if copied or transferred and where prohibited or restricted by law. May not be combined with any other coupon, discount or promotion. Coupon may not be reproduced, copied, purchased, traded, sold, transferred or redeemed for cash. Redistribution (via Internet or any other channel) is prohibited. Coupon has no cash value. Offer may end without notice.

What is Facebook Places?

Places is a Facebook feature that allows you to see where your friends are and share your location in the real world. You can check into nearby Places to tell your friends where you are, tag your friends in the Places you visit, and view comments your friends have made about the Places you visit. Learn more at the Facebook Help Center.

What do I need to use Facebook Places?

First, you need a valid Facebook login. If you don't have a Facebook account, you can create one for free at www.facebook.com.

You also need to make sure the Places feature is enabled on your Facebook account. To do this from the Facebook site:
Go to Account > Privacy Settings
Click Customize settings
Choose the settings you want for Places you check in to, Include me in "People Here Now," and Friends can check me in to Places.

It's also important that you have Location Services or GPS enabled so your phone can get your location (see Troubleshooting below for more information).

Currently, the Places application is available to users in select countries with mobile access to the Facebook application for iPhone, Android, Blackberry v1.9, or touch.facebook.com.

Learn more at the Facebook Help Center.

Do I need a smartphone?

For option 2, to complete the check-in process in the theatre you need a mobile phone with internet browsing and GPS/Location services. This promotion involves visiting a mobile website that detects your physical location in relation to the nearest theatre location.

If your smartphone does not have GPS/Location services, you can visit our Facebook page to receive a mobile coupon via SMS*. You must have a mobile internet browser to display the coupon.

I've checked in and ‘liked' Yahoo! Movies but I didn't get a coupon, now what?

You must ensure you check in using the mobile site http://popcorn.yahoo.net. You won't be able to redeem the coupon by checking in with Facebook places separately. If you've already liked the Yahoo! Movies Facebook page, you will skip this step and go directly to your coupon.

My phone can't find the theatre. What's wrong?

First, make sure you are physically present at a Regal, UA or Edwards Theatre and that you are getting a cell signal on your phone. Then make sure you have Location Services/GPS and JavaScript enabled on your phone and browser (see instructions below). Finally, return to http://popcorn.yahoo.net on your phone's browser and try again.

Why do I need to turn on GPS/Location Services on my phone?

Facebook Places uses your phone's GPS feature to figure out where you are and what Places are near you. Without it, there'd be no way to know which of the many thousands of possible Places you can check in to.

Is JavaScript required for this promotion?

In order to check in, you will need JavaScript enabled on your phone. Check your phone and browser settings to ensure you have JavaScript enabled.

I am getting a message on my phone that says the site can only be viewed on a GPS enabled smarthphone and I am using one. Why is my phone not recognized?

Some phones automatically default to viewing the computer version of a website instead of the mobile version. This is common on the Android devices. In order to change the setting on an Android, go to Menu, More, Settings and then check Mobile View to change your default.

I accidentally closed the coupon before redeeming. How do I get back to it?

Open your smartphone browser and navigate back to http://popcorn.yahoo.net. The coupon should still be active until it's either been redeemed or expires (at 8am EST the following day).

I don't see any locations in Facebook Places. Did I do something wrong?

Your phone probably doesn't have Location Services enabled. Setting it up so the phone and browser can get your location is a little different for each type of smartphone - see below for details on iPhone, BlackBerry and Android setup.

How do I get Facebook Places to work on my iPhone?

Location Services must be enabled so the phone can get your location.

Go to Settings > General
Make sure Location Services is set to On
Tap on Location Services and make sure the switch for Safari is On
If you have the Facebook app installed on your iPhone, you may also need to tap Location Services and make sure the switch for Facebook is set to On.

Once you've checked your settings, return to the Safari browser and visit popcorn.yahoo.net to continue.

How do I get Facebook Places to work on my BlackBerry?

This promotion is available on all BlackBerry devices with software 5.0 and above. There are a few steps you must take to allow the Places application to find your location and check you in.

On a BlackBerry smartphone with BlackBerry Device Software 5.0:
Select Options > Advanced Options > GPS
Ensure GPS Services is set to Location On
Select Browser settings > Browser Configuration
Ensure JavaScript is Enabled
Select Browser settings > General Properties
Ensure JavaScript Location is Enabled
On a BlackBerry smartphone with BlackBerry 6:
From the home screen, select the Search icon
Type Location Services
Select Options > Location Settings
Ensure Location Services is set to Location On
(Please note that if Location Services is not available, your wireless carrier may not be allowing GPS access. Contact your wireless provider for more information.)
If you have the Facebook app for BlackBerry installed, you may also need to enable the Share my Location with Facebook option within the app.
Open the Facebook app
Click the Places (P) icon
Click the Check In button once it appears
Select a location from the list that appears
Click Accept when the disclaimer appears. The Share my Location with Facebook checkbox will be automatically enabled.
Once you've checked these settings, return to your browser app and visit http://popcorn.yahoo.net to continue.

How do I get Facebook Places to work on my Android?

Your Android smartphone uses two different ways to determine your location: GPS and Network Location Finding. For best results, you should make sure that both are enabled in your system settings.

Go to your home screen and tap the Menu key
Choose Settings > Location & Security
Make sure Use wireless networks and Use GPS satellites are both on
Tap Return, then under Settings choose Privacy
Make sure Use my Location is checked
You may also need to enable your browser app to find your location:
Start the Android browser app
Tap Menu > More > Settings
Under Privacy Settings, make sure Enable Location is checked.
Once you've checked these settings, return to the Android browser and visit popcorn.yahoo.net to continue.

I have a question that isn't answered here. How do I get help?

If you have a different smartphone model and need more help, first check the documentation for your phone and the Facebook Help Center for answers. If you don't find what you need, you can email Yahoo! Customer Support at popcorn@yahoo-inc.com.

* Standard carrier message and data rates may apply. Text STOP to cancel. Text HELP for help.

Member Summary
Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.

What was the reason for red?

Probably because it requires a cell phone with a data plan.

Probably because it's a repost.

wow...one million bags of free popcorn?

I doubt I'll be able to get through 400,000 or so.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014