• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Nationwide for the month of October.

Following your 100 Point Courtesy Check-Up, you'll get a report with details on how you can help maintain the performance, fuel efficiency and long-term reliability of your Nissan.

Member Summary

Nissan Car Care Event (120.23kB)
Thanks DevilMonkey
Disclaimer

I've never understood the value in these types of promotions. Then again, I take my car in for regular maintenance.

DavidHart said:   I've never understood the value in these types of promotions. Then again, I take my car in for regular maintenance.

Easy....to bring traffic into the dealership service area. No different than the "free brake inspections" offered at any local auto repair shop.

respdoc said:   DavidHart said:   I've never understood the value in these types of promotions. Then again, I take my car in for regular maintenance.

Easy....to bring traffic into the dealership service area. No different than the "free brake inspections" offered at any local auto repair shop.

I do my own maintenance but don't catch everything. It's a free deatiled inspection by a pro. Take the report and get it fixed elsewhere or do it yourself. I've found out I had a brake light out, easy fix to buy a bulb and do yourself. I didn't have to get myself dirty to check the wear on the brake pads. They also found other items to fix under warranty that I was not aware of. Plus get a free car wash!

ywd said:   respdoc said:   DavidHart said:   I've never understood the value in these types of promotions. Then again, I take my car in for regular maintenance.

I do my own maintenance but don't catch everything. It's a free deatiled inspection by a pro. Take the report and get it fixed elsewhere or do it yourself. I've found out I had a brake light out, easy fix to buy a bulb and do yourself. I didn't have to get myself dirty to check the wear on the brake pads. They also found other items to fix under warranty that I was not aware of. Plus get a free car wash!

I never thought of the DIY guys who maintain their own cars but who would could use these to get a second professional opinion. As you said, they may find things that you've missed, get recalls fixed, and, if nothing else, it would provide peace of mind.

As for driving up dealer service business, the Nissan dealers around here (Boston area) are always busy. I have to plan a week ahead of time for a service appointment. They certainly not hurting around here. But this is a national campaign, so I guess it might help other dealers across the country.

My Quest is at the dealer right now getting some warranty work done. Going to call and make sure that they do my free 100 point inspection while they're at it!

ywd said:   respdoc said:   DavidHart said:   I've never understood the value in these types of promotions. Then again, I take my car in for regular maintenance.

Yes and never said it wasn't a good idea as long as you know how to do the work yourself...but just explaining the "why would they ? " by the other persons statement.

This is great. I get regular oil changes but this will be great to make sure that everything is working well.

I just called my local Nissan (Haldeman in NJ) and they said they require you to purchase an oil change in order to get the "free" inspection. Bait & switch as usual with these stealerships.

Any time you have your car in for service at the Nissan (and Hyundai) dealership I work for, we give you one of these inspections. How else are we supposed to upsell??

Also in CA we're required to check your tire pressure. So there's that, too.

akiri423 said:   Any time you have your car in for service at the Nissan (and Hyundai) dealership I work for, we give you one of these inspections. How else are we supposed to upsell??

Also in CA we're required to check your tire pressure. So there's that, too.

They might do a quick check but I've never had a 100 point included with any service on my GT-R (minus the yearly "tune-up" which is a seperate part of the warranty)....maybe your dealership is nicer.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014