• filter:
  • 167 68 697071118
  • Page
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
1st & 3rd already redeemed. 2nd I have no idea.

rated:
Lantean said:   thanks I got the first one! FWFWFWFWFWFWFWFWWFWFWFFW

LOL!!

good job! you saved us!

rated:
Mungo said:   1st & 3rd already redeemed. 2nd I have no idea.

Same boat...no idea on #2...too late on 1st and 3rd.

rated:
57b06r555lt4nx RNBM also. Thanks cwarr.

rated:
Mungo said:   57b06r555lt4nx RNBM also. Thanks cwarr.

Missed them all.

Thanks anyway cwarr!

rated:
Thanks cwarr!

rated:
coke rewards site in trouble??? have they been looking at this site...nooo

rated:
what has happen to that my coke rewards ? now it will not go there at all

rated:
huh...I been checking stuff out. Looks like our fun and games are over. I am so sorry if I messed anyone up.

rated:
cwarr said:   huh...I been checking stuff out. Looks like our fun and games are over. I am so sorry if I messed anyone up.

???

rated:
I'm confused

rated:
Not sure either. Was able to log into mcr

rated:
The site seems fine to me right now...perhaps it was undergoing maintenance earlier? That happens sometimes...

rated:
I logged-in too and all is fine and dandy.
Yep, most likely a maintenance issue, no worries. This is esp. true since I noticed Coke will do maintenance on and around weekends.

rated:
cwarr said:   huh...I been checking stuff out. Looks like our fun and games are over. I am so sorry if I messed anyone up.

The site was down last night & early morning but is back up now. Just normal maintenance which they do over the weekends. Nothing to worry about.

rated:
first let me say that I do not use the single use codes from here.
Always been worried Coke may someday notice people all over the country trying to use the same code at the same time and delete their accounts.
I've seen this happen on another forum with a different program where Poison codes were introduced. (Couch Potato program)
Program Rules said: 7. It is a violation of the Program for anyone to purchase or otherwise acquire codes from third parties, to combine codes obtained by others for deposit into a single Account, and to transfer or sell codes under any circumstance, other than in programs authorized by Sponsor. Furthermore, corporations, associations or other groups may not participate in the Program. It is fraudulent for any individual or company, association, or group to direct, encourage, or allow individuals to use a single Account for the purpose of accumulating points for combined use. Any attempt to combine or transfer codes or points will result in Enrollee’s disqualification from the Program and forfeiture of all points in the Enrollee’s Account. Sponsor reserves the right to take any action it deems appropriate in its sole discretion in the event that it believes (in its sole discretion) that any Enrollee has violated any of these provisions.

and I do appreciate the generosity with giving away so many codes and keeping people entertained as cwarr has done!

Anyway...
I liked using this forum for info on upcoming promos, general use codes and such.
With the games being played and having 20-60 posts to scroll thru daily, it's become a pain to find anything new.
I was under the impression this thread WAS NOT a conversation thread.
Couldn't a new thread be made to play games and give away codes?

I was just going to ignore this and move on, and while I really don't care about red & green, it really kinda bugged me the other day when I posted about the new way to get 20 bonus points ( http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/free-stuff/1156297/m17638538/#m1... ) and I got red for doing what I thought the thread was created for!

So, it is a conversation/game thread or an information thread?

rated:
TAZ420 said:   first let me say that I do not use the single use codes from here.
Always been worried Coke may someday notice people all over the country trying to use the same code at the same time and delete their accounts.
I've seen this happen on another forum with a different program where Poison codes were introduced. (Couch Potato program)
Program Rules said: 7. It is a violation of the Program for anyone to purchase or otherwise acquire codes from third parties, to combine codes obtained by others for deposit into a single Account, and to transfer or sell codes under any circumstance, other than in programs authorized by Sponsor. Furthermore, corporations, associations or other groups may not participate in the Program. It is fraudulent for any individual or company, association, or group to direct, encourage, or allow individuals to use a single Account for the purpose of accumulating points for combined use. Any attempt to combine or transfer codes or points will result in Enrollee’s disqualification from the Program and forfeiture of all points in the Enrollee’s Account. Sponsor reserves the right to take any action it deems appropriate in its sole discretion in the event that it believes (in its sole discretion) that any Enrollee has violated any of these provisions.

and I do appreciate the generosity with giving away so many codes and keeping people entertained as cwarr has done!

Anyway...
I liked using this forum for info on upcoming promos, general use codes and such.
With the games being played and having 20-60 posts to scroll thru daily, it's become a pain to find anything new.

I was just going to ignore this and move on, and while I really don't care about red & green, it really kinda bugged me the other day when I posted about the new way to get 20 bonus points ( http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/free-stuff/1156297/m17638538/#m1... ) and I got red for doing what I thought the thread was created for!

an information thread. As I said, games over. no need to rub it in.

rated:
well thanks anyway cwarr it was fun while it lasted

rated:
cwarr said:   TAZ420 said:   first let me say that I do not use the single use codes from here.

Anyway...

an information thread. As I said, games over. no need to rub it in.

Thanks cwarr! You did nothing wrong! We all appreciated your generosity & had LOTS of fun while it lasted! It definitely brought back life to this thread & lots of new members.

You could probably still give away codes via PM if you wanted to, although we wouldn't have as much fun.

rated:
I do agree that there are crapton of useless messages that clog this thread up (lol, huh, etc etc) and I'd like to remind to everyone that most people are subscribed to get instant emails with every new post so if what you're about to post does not have to do with coke itself, please reconsider posting! That said, this thread has been used to give away codes since 2007ish so idk why people are getting on each other about this now.

Per the thread summary:
Q: Can I just ask to have codes Private Messaged (PM'd) to me?

A: No. This thread is not meant for code begging. Wait until somebody offers in the general thread, and then PM him/her directly. This thread is mainly for posting free codes, revealing new information about the program or asking questions that have NEVER been asked before.

I'm sorry cwarr is no longer comfortable posting codes here, even though it's the title of the thread...but would like to thank him for his generosity duh. I know I've definitely benefitted from it so thanks again cwarr!

rated:
TAZ420 said:   first let me say that I do not use the single use codes from here.

Anyway...

I believe the reason you got red is because the info was already posted and when you said there were too many posts to look through it came across as kind of snarky since you could have easily done a search if you truly were worried if it were already posted.

rated:
laxangel said:   TAZ420 said:   first let me say that I do not use the single use codes from here.

Anyway...

I believe the reason you got red is because the info was already posted and when you said there were too many posts to look through it came across as kind of snarky since you could have easily done a search if you truly were worried if it were already posted.

Also the people who gave you red are the same people that give red to every post they vote on & never post or contribute anything to the thread themselves.

rated:
Chrstna00 said:   I do agree that there are crapton of useless messages that clog this thread up (lol, huh, etc etc)Add "RNBM" to that list. If the code was posted more than a minute or two ago, it's almost a gaurantee that it's been used so there's no point in announcing it. I'd say 10% of the emails I get are Mungo saying RNBM.

rated:
I want to thank you to cwarr, coPe24, and all the posters who post useful information. Useful information may be useful to one and not another. I get the instant emails and personally I can scroll through what I don't think is useful pretty quickly. I don't think anybody has the right to dictate what can and should be posted. That's what the red and green are for.
If it were not posters like cwarr, coPe24, and others than this forum would dry up and be useless except for some useful information here and there. This has happened before, it gets very slow.
I also don't care about the RNBMs either as I hardly ever try when a code is posted because that is the biggest waste of time not scrolling through the posts in my opinion. The lurkers get the majority of them, never thank anybody for them, and yet us who use the forum get criticized for petty things.
Anyways, I had more fun in the last couple weeks thanks to cwarr on this forum that I ever did so thanks.
I also highly doubt Coke cares about people giving away codes. They are a multi-billion dollar corp.. I am positive they know the points are given away and sometimes then given away again. There is nothing unethical about that and I would like to know if there is any MCR fine print that states that the points can't be given away. I bet there is wording that states they can't be bought and sold though.
I also like Mungo who has only been a positive and polite poster from day one and Mungo can RNBM whenever Mungo wants to. Most of the posters are positive and polite. Most of the ones who mark a post red have never even posted anything useful or not useful so who gives a crap about the red. The red and green have not been useful for this forum anyways. It is useful for other forums and posts though.
What is useless is bitching, crying, and complaining.
Just a little of my two cents which is not even worth two cents.

rated:
alanmax said:   I want to thank you to cwarr, coPe24, and all the posters who post useful information. Useful information may be useful to one and not another. I get the instant emails and personally I can scroll through what I don't think is useful pretty quickly. I don't think anybody has the right to dictate what can and should be posted. That's what the red and green are for.
If it were not posters like cwarr, coPe24, and others than this forum would dry up and be useless except for some useful information here and there. This has happened before, it gets very slow.
I also don't care about the RNBMs either as I hardly ever try when a code is posted because that is the biggest waste of time not scrolling through the posts in my opinion. The lurkers get the majority of them, never thank anybody for them, and yet us who use the forum get criticized for petty things.
Anyways, I had more fun in the last couple weeks thanks to cwarr on this forum that I ever did so thanks.
I also highly doubt Coke cares about people giving away codes. They are a multi-billion dollar corp.. I am positive they know the points are given away and sometimes then given away again. There is nothing unethical about that and I would like to know if there is any MCR fine print that states that the points can't be given away. I bet there is wording that states they can't be bought and sold though.
I also like Mungo who has only been a positive and polite poster from day one and Mungo can RNBM whenever Mungo wants to. Most of the posters are positive and polite. Most of the ones who mark a post red have never even posted anything useful or not useful so who gives a crap about the red. The red and green have not been useful for this forum anyways. It is useful for other forums and posts though.
What is useless is bitching, crying, and complaining.
Just a little of my two cents which is not even worth two cents.

Very well said. Another major contributor coPe24 was driven away out of this tread by people's bitching, crying, complaining, begging, & rudeness. It also looks like cwarr probably won't be around much longer. Both alanmax & I, & many other long timers here, really appreciate those who do contribute. Like all good things, it's those few that always seem to ruin it for the rest of us...

rated:
I don't think Coke really cares that much about threads like these. If codes are being shared they know people are buying their product and it keeps members coming back to the MCR site. Threads like these also help attract new members. They really don't have anything to lose.

rated:
jwengerd said:   I don't think Coke really cares that much about threads like these. If codes are being shared they know people are buying their product and it keeps members coming back to the MCR site. Threads like these also help attract new members. They really don't have anything to lose.Sharing codes in no way helps MCR. To make the program the biggest success for Coke, not one person would enter a code.
Think about the costs Coke incurs:
Thousands of dollars to keep the website running
Thousands of dollars to pay people to listen to members complain about how they can't read the codes
Every coupon takes:
- A couple cents of paper
- A few cents for a nifty hologram sticker
- About 38 cents in postage
- The cost of the product up to a maximum
- A handling fee that Coke pays the retailer on every coupon
Plus the cost of the infrastructure and humans to support that couponing system.
The electronic awards definitely cost Coke less and that's reflected in the amount of points needed to redeem.
And tons of other costs associated with the program.

BUT this program does encourage loyalty among many consumers. I'm one of them. I'm not a Coke drinker, but I do drink Powerade. Gatorade is usually cheaper, and I'd buy that if I wasn't getting a free bottle of Powerade for every 13.3 bottles I buy. (Although come to think of it, Gatorade is still a better deal at 88¢ a bottle).

rated:
AtomicTaco said:   jwengerd said:   I don't think Coke really cares that much about threads like these. If codes are being shared they know people are buying their product and it keeps members coming back to the MCR site. Threads like these also help attract new members. They really don't have anything to lose.Sharing codes in no way helps MCR. To make the program the biggest success for Coke, not one person would enter a code.
Thousands of dollars to pay people to listen to members complain about how they can't read the codes
Every coupon takes:
Plus the cost of the infrastructure and humans to support that couponing system.
The electronic awards definitely cost Coke less and that's reflected in the amount of points needed to redeem.

BUT this program does encourage loyalty among many consumers. I'm one of them. I'm not a Coke drinker, but I do drink Powerade. Gatorade is usually cheaper, and I'd buy that if I wasn't getting a free bottle of Powerade for every 13.3 bottles I buy. (Although come to think of it, Gatorade is still a better deal at 88¢ a bottle).

Coke WANTS people to go to the mycokerewards site to enter codes...not only can they promote their own products on the site, they also have partners and other companies that pay for advertising, prizes, etc...it's all about marketing and building brand loyalty.

If no one enters a code, that means no one goes to the mycokerewards site and it would just go away because it would be a waste of their marketing dollars.

rated:
njfw said:   Coke WANTS people to go to the mycokerewards site to enter codes...not only can they promote their own products on the site, they also have partners and other companies that pay for advertising, prizes, etc...it's all about marketing and building brand loyalty.

If no one enters a code, that means no one goes to the mycokerewards site and it would just go away because it would be a waste of their marketing dollars.
Going to the site and entering codes are two different activities.

rated:
AtomicTaco said:   jwengerd said:   I don't think Coke really cares that much about threads like these. If codes are being shared they know people are buying their product and it keeps members coming back to the MCR site. Threads like these also help attract new members. They really don't have anything to lose.Sharing codes in no way helps MCR. To make the program the biggest success for Coke, not one person would enter a code.
Every coupon takes:

There are pros & cons to every promotional program. The cons are always the expenses. The pros are brand awareness & brand loyalty, another form of advertising. I would say this program definitely helps out with that as in your case. For this program the costs are very minor for a multi-billion dollar corporation. And full disclosure I do own Coke stock.

rated:
AtomicTaco said:   njfw said:   Coke WANTS people to go to the mycokerewards site to enter codes...not only can they promote their own products on the site, they also have partners and other companies that pay for advertising, prizes, etc...it's all about marketing and building brand loyalty.

Why would anyone go to the site if they are not entering codes?

rated:
njfw said:   AtomicTaco said:   njfw said:   Coke WANTS people to go to the mycokerewards site to enter codes...not only can they promote their own products on the site, they also have partners and other companies that pay for advertising, prizes, etc...it's all about marketing and building brand loyalty.

Free wallpaper downloads and other crap, Coke news/events, and other things related to Coke. They could have launched a different type of promotion if the only goal was to drive traffic to a website.

rated:
Every coupon takes:

It's an extremely samll advertising expense plus they advertise for others, run promotions along with others... Their MCR program is a grain a sand in their expense desert. They would not be running it for this long if it was not a positive for their bottom line. Coke does what's best for Coke period.
If I find a code, if I am given a code, if I give away a code...is it my property or Coke's property? I would think once I gain possesion of it by any legal means than I can dispose of it by any legal means. I am not going to read their T&C...
This entire subject is getting beat like a dead horse.

rated:
AtomicTaco said:   njfw said:   AtomicTaco said:   njfw said:   Coke WANTS people to go to the mycokerewards site to enter codes...not only can they promote their own products on the site, they also have partners and other companies that pay for advertising, prizes, etc...it's all about marketing and building brand loyalty.

Free wallpaper downloads and other crap, Coke news/events, and other things related to Coke. They could have launched a different type of promotion if the only goal was to drive traffic to a website.

I did not say the ONLY goal was to drive traffic to a website. Coke already has other websites for news, events, etc...but as someone else has already mentioned...we are now beating a dead horse...

rated:
This debate is pointless. I hope the mods can make a new thread for discussions, games and the giveaway of codes for MCR as this one really isn't working anymore. I appreciate cwarr and all the others who have generously offered us all codes. It's sad that a few extra emails can turn a positive into a negative.

rated:
Penny34 said:   This debate is pointless. I hope the mods can make a new thread for discussions, games and the giveaway of codes for MCR as this one really isn't working anymore. I appreciate cwarr and all the others who have generously offered us all codes. It's sad that a few extra emails can turn a positive into a negative.
Aw, I was with you until that last sentence.

This thread has the most sophomoric melodrama of any thread I follow on FW. If one really wants to be honest and critical, very few of the posts in the thread are helpful. Codes are only worthwhile to the first person who uses them. There has always been—especially lately—lots of of inane chatter: back and forth conversation, people announcing to check their PMs (just send the PM, why announce it to everyone?), etc. Plenty of irony, too, with people talking about the complainers who ruin it and never contribute anything, when they in turn aren't really offering anything useful either. There is no rule that says one has to contribute—whatever that means—to be allowed to have an opinion.Posting RNBM may or may not bother one, but it has been pretty clearly demonstrated that it isn't very helpful, and it is downright nonsensical when it's posted hours after a code was posted. I recall a while back someone complaining of poor "ethics" because of RNBM posts getting red. Ethics? What a ridiculous misuse of that word!

It's fine and generous for people to post codes here, certainly nothing wrong with it. But when they mysteriously stop (I'm still not sure what Cwarr's issue/concern is, that was never clearly explained), why jump to conclusions about why they did stop? And if it was because of something(s) that got posted, oh well. Welcome to the internet.

Regardless, nothing that gets posted here is that big of a deal. It's just an internet forum where people are hoping to score some codes with an actual value of a few cents.

I hope people realize that the truly beneficial posts—those that offer useful info for everyone, like contests, bonus offers, and such—are pretty few and far between. Given all the other things that get posted regularly, expect plenty of reds and greens from the factions that support differing viewpoints. And please, also realize how little it really should matter.

rated:
yoregano said:   Penny34 said:   This debate is pointless. I hope the mods can make a new thread for discussions, games and the giveaway of codes for MCR as this one really isn't working anymore. I appreciate cwarr and all the others who have generously offered us all codes. It's sad that a few extra emails can turn a positive into a negative.

This thread has the most sophomoric melodrama of any thread I follow on FW. If one really wants to be honest and critical, very few of the posts in the thread are helpful. Codes are only worthwhile to the first person who uses them. There has always been—especially lately—lots of of inane chatter: back and forth conversation, people announcing to check their PMs (just send the PM, why announce it to everyone?), etc. Plenty of irony, too, with people talking about the complainers who ruin it and never contribute anything, when they in turn aren't really offering anything useful either. There is no rule that says one has to contribute—whatever that means—to be allowed to have an opinion.Posting RNBM may or may not bother one, but it has been pretty clearly demonstrated that it isn't very helpful, and it is downright nonsensical when it's posted hours after a code was posted. I recall a while back someone complaining of poor "ethics" because of RNBM posts getting red. Ethics? What a ridiculous misuse of that word!

It's fine and generous for people to post codes here, certainly nothing wrong with it. But when they mysteriously stop (I'm still not sure what Cwarr's issue/concern is, that was never clearly explained), why jump to conclusions about why they did stop? And if it was because of something(s) that got posted, oh well. Welcome to the internet.

Regardless, nothing that gets posted here is that big of a deal. It's just an internet forum where people are hoping to score some codes with an actual value of a few cents.

I hope people realize that the truly beneficial posts—those that offer useful info for everyone, like contests, bonus offers, and such—are pretty few and far between. Given all the other things that get posted regularly, expect plenty of reds and greens from the factions that support differing viewpoints. And please, also realize how little it really should matter.

A post full of insults, that's not sophomoric at all. I agree that there are a lot of unneeded posts. I also think that it's difficult to have a thread like this and never discuss anything. When I first came to this site I wasn't aware that codes were used so fast, so the RNBMs that were posted hours later were useful to me, as I'm sure they are to other newbies. I didn't jump to any conclusions about why cwarr stopped giving codes. My last sentence was referring to another post. As for the realize how little it really should matter, that was kinda my point (a few extra emails). I don't subscribe to this topic because I find that by the time I get the email it's too late to use a code, and I check the site regularly. This is what I don't understand, if people are so upset about getting extra emails from this forum why not just unsubscribe. The same people who have a problem with it are checking the site regularly to give posts red. Which means there is no need to get an email in the first place. We all keep going in circles about this. I just think it's time for a discussion thread for MCR.

rated:
according to the Mods...

There is nothing in the thread to note this is only a place for codes and not discussions, so I don't see an issue.

So talk, complain, bitch, cry, play games, give codes, don't give thanks for codes...whatever

rated:
TAZ420 said:   according to the Mods...

There is nothing in the thread to note this is only a place for codes and not discussions, so I don't see an issue.

So talk, complain, bitch, cry, play games, give codes, don't give thanks for codes...whatever

Good to know, thanks Taz

rated:
Penny34 said:   yoregano said:   Penny34 said:   This debate is pointless. I hope the mods can make a new thread for discussions, games and the giveaway of codes for MCR as this one really isn't working anymore. I appreciate cwarr and all the others who have generously offered us all codes. It's sad that a few extra emails can turn a positive into a negative.

A post full of insults, that's not sophomoric at all. I agree that there are a lot of unneeded posts. I also think that it's difficult to have a thread like this and never discuss anything. When I first came to this site I wasn't aware that codes were used so fast, so the RNBMs that were posted hours later were useful to me, as I'm sure they are to other newbies. I didn't jump to any conclusions about why cwarr stopped giving codes. My last sentence was referring to another post. As for the realize how little it really should matter, that was kinda my point (a few extra emails). I don't subscribe to this topic because I find that by the time I get the email it's too late to use a code, and I check the site regularly. This is what I don't understand, if people are so upset about getting extra emails from this forum why not just unsubscribe. The same people who have a problem with it are checking the site regularly to give posts red. Which means there is no need to get an email in the first place. We all keep going in circles about this. I just think it's time for a discussion thread for MCR.

I was responding to your post, but my whole discussion was not directed at you. Just my perspective on the whole thread. I don't know what you mean by a "post full of insults." Again, I'm just talking about the ongoing trend in this thread. There's a lot of nonsense. I'm all for reasonable discussion, too, but repetitive posts and back and forth chatter aren't discussion.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.
  • 167 68 697071118
  • Page

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014