This may always be FREE - new and notable app.
AstralPad Office Collaboration - Screen sharing, Video calling, Documents, Spreadsheets and Presentations Editing
Requirements: Compatible with iPad 2 Wi-Fi, iPad 2 Wi-Fi + 3G, iPad (3rd generation), iPad Wi-Fi + 4G, iPad (4th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (4th generation), iPad mini and iPad mini Wi-Fi + Cellular. Requires iOS 5.1 or later.
AstralPad offers a full featured Productivity and Collaboration app to help you get work done on your iPad. You can - a) Open/edit office documents including professional powerpoint presentations and powerful spreadsheet models, b) Work on, and share documents with your team using Video/Audio Calling and Screen Sharing, c) Access your work anywhere from cloud storage account (dropbox).
Notably, you can open multiple files simultaneously and copy paste charts/tables between opened files. You can convert your files to pdf and print your file using AirPrint. Additionally, you can use the save-as feature to rename files or save your file in a different location.
Winner, Top Ten "Mobile Innovator for 2012" at MobiSparks.
Some of the early user reviews–
“Very Clean Interface”
“The App is so beautiful… Great work on the icons, layout and design”
“The graphics and overall look are very friendly and intuitive. And "Word" and "Excel" seemed amazingly comfortable to this user.”
1) Create word documents with headers/footers, review track changes, add comments, insert chart and images, and use various shapes and objects.
2) Create beautiful powerpoint documents, and present slideshows to customers or colleagues remotely.
3) Build excel spreadsheets with complex formulas, rich formatting, and analysis using data tables and pivot tables. You can also sort and filter data and use features like goal seek and solver.
4) Preserve formatting of your existing documents.
5) Invite colleagues to work on documents together. Add contacts easily from your address book.
6) Discuss the document face to face via our built-in video/audio calling.
7) Schedule a meeting and send meeting invites from within the app.
8) Use the detail tool for precise editing/moving/resizing images, charts and other objects.
9) Intuitive gestures for navigating through documents.
10) Keyboard accessory bar to access features like Ctrl, Shft, Tab, arrow and select function keys. Bluetooth keyboards are supported.
11) Secure sharing of documents.
*Please note that we don't yet support opening pdf files in the app. We also don't support .odf files yet.
1) We work best with .doc, .ppt and .xls documents. You can edit .xlsx, .pptx or .docx documents using AstralPad, but for best results we recommend converting them to.doc, .ppt or .xls version before editing on AstralPad.
2) We support a wide variety of fonts. However, some proprietary fonts from other vendors may not be available.
3) The app currently works in landscape orientation only to give a familiar view of working on desktop.
4) We support the iPad 2, iPad Mini and 3rd and 4th generation iPads. We *DO NOT* support the original iPad given it does not have a front-facing camera.
5) We support iOS 5.0 and above.