• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Don't know if this is common knowledge or a new promo, but I bought a 12oz bag of Dark Sumatra roast in the grocery store last week and noticed this on the back:

"Bring Us Your Empty Bag, We'll Give You Coffee". Basically, exchange the empty bag for a Tall brewed coffee at participating Starbucks. Expiration is 30 days after the "Best Before" date on the bag, which for mine is Sep, 2012. I got the bag on sale, so this amounts to a bit more savings.

Member Summary

starbucks (44.27kB)
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Best Joan Rivers quote (or close to it) "I've had so many facelifts I have hemorrhoids on the back of my neck"

chimpsnest (Apr. 26, 2012 @ 5:34a) |

can i bring just any type of bag, or does it have to be a grocery store bag that states the offer on the bag?

bestbuy1115 (Jul. 04, 2012 @ 2:10p) |

Has anyone got a Free coffee with their Christmas Blend coffee bags???

jpshopgirl49 (Jul. 05, 2012 @ 9:12a) |

Thanks, I didn't know about this.

This has been going on for a couple or more years afaik. But a good reminder. When I took a bag (before expiration, of course), they didn't look at the date.

Good tip, thanks. I've been getting free coffees for over a year now with the empty 12-oz bags. But it's strictly for a regular coffee, nothing fancy. In fact, I was told at one Starbuck's that a plain iced coffee wasn't allowed, although they gave it to me anyway. Also, they never seem to check the date on the bag; I've brought in bags that were a few days over the expiration and still got the freebie.

Yes, this has been going for a while.
Only on grocery store bags though. If you buy the bag from Starbucks, it does not have offer on it.

Yes, good reminder. I also believe you have until 30 days after the expiration date to claim your cup of coffee, if I am not mistaken. In my experience, they never check anyway.

This has been always there they have a month written on the bag and you have to take it to any Starbucks by that month

murpheeee said:   Yes, this has been going for a while.
Only on grocery store bags though. If you buy the bag from Starbucks, it does not have offer on it.
If you're buying the bag from Starbucks, you should be able to get a free cup at the time of purchase though

murpheeee said:   Yes, this has been going for a while.
Awww... was just planning a SBs dumpster dive!

Wow, this gets green? These bag promotions have been going on for many months. Don't mean to TC, but I've seen better deals get torched.

Solipsist said:   murpheeee said:   Yes, this has been going for a while.
If you're buying the bag from Starbucks, you should be able to get a free cup at the time of purchase though

If you have a gold card you're supposed to get any tall drink free with coffee bean purchase, but I find that most employees think it's only brewed coffee. I generally have to have them get the manager and the manager is aware of it.

moonbeam said:   Solipsist said:   murpheeee said:   Yes, this has been going for a while.

If you have a gold card you're supposed to get any tall drink free with coffee bean purchase, but I find that most employees think it's only brewed coffee. I generally have to have them get the manager and the manager is aware of it.

According to starbucks web site, green card is enough to get a free drink. You don't need Gold Card.

i have been getting free coffee with my empty starbucks coffee bags for couple of years

paulesk said:   Wow, this gets green? These bag promotions have been going on for many months. Don't mean to TC, but I've seen better deals get torched.

That's why I posted this in Free Stuff (mod moved it). I don't buy coffee often from the grocery store so I wouldn't know if this has been going on forever, but I searched here and didn't see it mentioned anywhere. Figured it was worth it for people who weren't aware (like me).

mrwoodgie said:   paulesk said:   Wow, this gets green? These bag promotions have been going on for many months. Don't mean to TC, but I've seen better deals get torched.

That's why I posted this in Free Stuff (mod moved it). I don't buy coffee often from the grocery store so I wouldn't know if this has been going on forever, but I searched here and didn't see it mentioned anywhere. Figured it was worth it for people who weren't aware (like me).

I'd love to know why a mod moved this to hot deals?! Savings of $1.50 and been around forever. Perhaps back to Free Stuff of over to Deal Discussion...

ace

Thanks for posting this deal. I'd never heard of it. I don't purchase SB bagged coffee.

I've accumulated a ton of these bags, but I don't drink plain coffee at Starbucks

i went into their dumpster in back of the store and found about 200 empty bags, i go get coffee there for free every day

wow I thought everyone knew this , it says it right (top) on every single bag of Starbucks coffee

I did not notice this, thanks for the reminder! We enjoy Starbucks!

One time I brought in two bags and asked for a Large (I don't go in for those faux Italian drink size names). I got it, but 20 oz of coffee might be too much for one person in one sitting. I didn't feel so well afterwards.

This has been going on for years. If you buy coffee at Starbucks, they offer you free tall coffee with it (the packaging does not have this offer so no double dipping). To extend the offer, they put it in writing on the Starbucks coffee packages sold at other places. I usually buy the coffee from Kroger chain (Smith's) when it's on sale and keep the empty bags in the car to redeem when sitting at Starbucks. Tall is usually nothing for me but a registered Starbucks gift card gives you free refills on top.

I like this SB promotion because the computer forces the cashier to apply the discount. As long as you know the terms, the computer won't let them charge you for any tall drink when purchased with the beans. Always works at actual SB locations, I have had small problems with the kiosks like those inside a a Kroger.

all i need is an empty bag? i'll bring joan rivers and see if that works

Its not like i'll be waiting for the month i need to go and redeem my coffee! I will probably forget i had it by the first week

With the current Grocery Outlet deal for Eight O'Clock coffee, ~2#s for $9.99, I won't do SBs for a while.

morecowbell said:   all i need is an empty bag? i'll bring joan rivers and see if that works

Or Kim Kardashian! Oh wait, that's not an empty bag, that's a ho bag!

morecowbell said:   all i need is an empty bag? i'll bring joan rivers and see if that works

Best Joan Rivers quote (or close to it) "I've had so many facelifts I have hemorrhoids on the back of my neck"

can i bring just any type of bag, or does it have to be a grocery store bag that states the offer on the bag?

Has anyone got a Free coffee with their Christmas Blend coffee bags???

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014