• filter:
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
New Facebook scammer hijack. West Coast Nutrition offering free diet pill samples (Ultimate Nutrition Perfect Diet weight Loss for Women).

This page is fake. There is no link on the West Coast Nutrition webpage that goes to Facebook. Freebie has been available since July 16, Facebook page started July 2, and finally, they don't do mail orders. They are a physical Brick & Mortar store only. This is yet another Facebook Hijack page set up by scammers who use real, legitimate companies to scam you for your personal info, which they then sell to spam, junk mail and telemarketer lists. You will never see the freebie, despite promises it will come. This store doesn't even sell the product listed as the freebie, they just stole a stock picture from another website hat does sell this product. Finally, you can submit the form without imputing any information; the hallmark of a scammer.

ETA: OP posted by a Newbie, most likely a shill from the scammers.

Ads by Google
rated:
Superb Samples posted today, here is what I posted in the now-deleted thread.

This sounds like a possible scam offer. You have to go through selecting offers to get the freebie, much like known spammers such as Quality Health/Lifescript Advantage. A legitimate company wouldn't operate like that, and Kraft has been giving away samples directly or using a known fulfillment company, not through some questionable 3rd party, as indicated by the link provided by uberoli, which goes to Start Sampling, a legitimate website that doesn't make you accept/reject numerous offers to get a sample. In fact, the previous thread for these is expired . Uberoli should post a new thread with the new (and legitimate) link. Finally, if you go to the homepage of the OP's link (superbsamples.com) There is a link to Garnier that has two paragraphs written in an unknown language (?), and now they have the free Finish Quantum that I posted elsewhere that Start Sampling is fulfilling. There is no contact info anywhere, nothing about this business, just links to freebies requiring you to accept or reject various offers in order to get the freebie.

rated:
Kneipp Joint & Muscle Mineral Bath Salt sample from Votre Beaute

12 "likes" on the facebook page at time of posting...new facebook site

The REAL facebook page
https://www.facebook.com/VotreBeaute

No Free Offer
http://www.votre-beaute.com/index.html

rated:
Wineaux said:   shakermaker90210 said:   Has anyone actually gone through all those offers to try to get something free???
Seriously?

Yep, Really.... LOL!

rated:
Posted within another thread:

While waiting for the CS&H* shampoo, I have another cosmetic facebook freebie to share with you all, free french manicure set sample. facebook.com/KmNailManufacture (truncated link)

*Clear Scalp & Hair

This is a link to yet another Facebook Hijack scam page, It is a legitimate business hijacked by a scammer. The website for this business is for wholesalers and distributers, not consumers. They would not be giving freebies to end-purchasers (consumers). Finally, there is no Facebook link on the business website. Upon submission, you get a 3rd-part pop-up offer in another window.

rated:
Thanks for the info!!

rated:
Wow, thank you for this very helpful post!

rated:
Thanks so much for taking the time to share all the fake websites. I appreciate it.

rated:
The same thing is happening in this new thread as it did in the original fake freebie thread.

From the old thread that is no longer available

Date Posted: Dec/11/2009 5:25 AM
How ironic that this thread has become a magnet for spammers to post in.

rated:
MumzOf2 said:   The same thing is happening in this new thread as it did in the original fake freebie thread.

From the old thread that is no longer available

Date Posted: Dec/11/2009 5:25 AM
How ironic that this thread has become a magnet for spammers to post in.

I was wondering what the heck was up with all the newbie posts? I guess they have to make themselves seem legitimate somehow.

On another note, the person who posted the now-deleted Superb Samples thread, PM'd me and insisted it was legitimate, that a 'friend' of hers/his started it, and they work with StartSampling (as if SS has any need of a 3rd party fulfillment agency, when they themselves are a {legitimate} 3rd party fulfillment agency). They urged me to 'try it' and see if the stuff would come. I already signed up for the Kraft Miracle Whip, Garnier Shampoo & Conditioner and Finish Quantum from StartSampling, and SS doesn't allow you to sign-up more than once. Besides, I don't want to be wading through 'yes' & 'no' offers requests before I can finalize my sampling request. Finally, FatWallet has rules about affiliates (and that's most likely why the mods deleted it), which are not allowed.

rated:
Newest Fake Facebook Offer From Prestos Pizza

Free cork coaster set from Presto's

rated:
Prestos now links you to yet another wholesaler that does not have a Facebook page (And wholesalers DO NOT give freebies to end users (ie consumers). Previously it was a restaurant supply company. This time it is an Italian Spices set from a real company in California called Italfoods Inc. Of course it's the same scammers and their shills in operation. I keep posting links to this thread. Got a PM through Facebook from someone who said she has been trying to get people to realize these are scams, and appreciated my link. Interestingly, the shills haven't removed my more recent posts of the link on their wall(s). Then again, they haven't deleted the complainants asking where their previous freebies are.

When you submit form (they're getting wiser, you now must enter data, but any data will do), you get the usual 3rd-party pop-ups. And the following:

Italan Foods said: Thank you for requesting a sample. Please allow 2-4 weeks for delivery of free ItalFoods italian spices set. If you share us with your friends on Facebook we will add a pepper mill to your shipment. Once you receive your spices set, please consider coming back to tell us what you think! We look forward to hearing from you. Thank you!

IOW, "Spam us on Facebook and we will 'not' send you a pepper mill. Heck, we aren't sending anything, but thanks for spamming us for free!

rated:
lol i like this thread.

rated:
I received a tube of Mary Kay mascara today, and I don't remember the offer! I searched, and all the Mary Kay mascara offers were like over a year ago! So, I am pleasantly surprised, but still I'd like to remember what the offer was from hence I got it! lol

rated:
paychecktopaycheck said:   I received a tube of Mary Kay mascara today, and I don't remember the offer! I searched, and all the Mary Kay mascara offers were like over a year ago! So, I am pleasantly surprised, but still I'd like to remember what the offer was from hence I got it! lol

I've been having problems finding more recent Mary Kay threads as well, like the lip gloss from Shoptext for (I think) Allure with the surprise gift of a red textured-vinyl clutch. Glad to know it just isn't me, the search is farked, and from messages with staff, they admit it needs a bit of tweeking; it's a known issue. Mary Kay also uses Alice as well as Shoptext, did yours come from Alice.com as the fulfillment agency? If so, it may have been a Facebook giveaway run by Alice. Alice is a reputable company, though their sign-up apps tend to be buggy at times. Obviously, this is not a 'fake freebie to avoid', because you got it from somewhere.

rated:
thanks for sharing , it's a plus

rated:
Another Fake Facebook Phishing Site
Free Car Washing Sponge from Urgent Care Bumper Repair

The REAL facebook site has no such offer
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Urgent-Care-Bumper-Repair/1116484...

rated:
In regards to what would make them fake, there have been several freebie sites which request personal information in order for the owner of the site to make a commission. Unfortunitly, it is extremely difficult if not impossible for the end-user to know whether this is the case or not.

Kacie

rated:
Thank you very much for sharing those site.

rated:
Thanks for this! Glad to know someone is looking out!

rated:
Wow this is good to know. Thank you for sharing.

rated:
what are some legit freebie sites?

rated:
Anyone know if this is legit?

Hey everyone, Apollo E-Cigs is giving away 1,000,000 free electronic cigarettes! This isn't a "free trial" offer like many other companies do -- Apollo has no recurring or hidden fees whatsoever. Get your hands on one here: [url=[L=http://www.apolloecigs.com/Free-Electronic-Cigarette-s/80.htm]1]http://www.apolloecigs.com/Free-Electronic-Cigarette-s/80.htm]1[/L] Million Free Electronic Cigarettes being given away at Apollo Ecigs[/url]

rated:
thank you for that bro

rated:
i just found scam one

rated:
Thank you for this Infos Brother

rated:
Ringtonica brand anything must be fake. Nothing by that brand name is sold online. Not sold on Amazon, eBay, Google, or anywhere else.

rated:
Thanks for the find.

rated:
I have actually been waiting for my pizza cutter. Thanks for all the updates. I have used several of the sites listed and didn't know they were fake. So sad they do this.

rated:
It's good to prevent these spam.

rated:
I signed up for a free dog toy about six months ago. To date all I've been getting is their order forms for pet products. No free dog toy even after six emails to them.They do tell me that it's in the mail! I will update next time I get an email from them, my wife has been deleting them!

rated:
Good info - thanx

rated:
Oh... Thanks I will list all this down. So many thanks to this site and it has discussions on free stuffs.

rated:
Thank you

rated:
How did all these freebies get in here? I thought companies can't post links that will benefit themselves?

rated:
abbyfaria said:   How did all these freebies get in here? I thought companies can't post links that will benefit themselves?

The company's aren't posting the links, consumers (and end-users) are. Companies can't because it is considered advertising, which Fatwallet doesn't allow. If they want to advertise, they need to pay for it, which many do. Users cannot post links that aren't deal-specific (in deal forums), that is considered spam. But links posted by users to a deal (freebie or otherwise on other forums), are allowed. If you see a post that you believe is by a company posting their own deal, you can report it to the mods by clicking on the alert mods link in the upper right of the offending post. It is okay for the company to respond in a deal thread posted by a FW member, to verify the deal is legit, or clarify something in relation to the deal posted. HTH!

rated:
I am a fan of freebies and I am thankful there is this list of fake ones. It will be easier for me to filter this things out. Is there any related thread where I can have freebies which are safe?

rated:
whoa.... that's a data overload.. thanks for sharing... looks like i have to spend more minutes checking those list up... be safe than sorry...

rated:
SuperMegaDope said: Anyone know if this is legit? Hey everyone, Apollo E-Cigs is giving away 1,000,000 free electronic cigarettes! This isn't a "free trial" offer like many other companies do -- Apollo has no recurring or hidden fees whatsoever. Get your hands on one here: [url=[L=http://www.apolloecigs.com/Free-Electronic-Cigarette-s/80.htm]1]http://www.apolloecigs.com/Free-Electronic-Cigarette-s/80.htm]1[/L] Million Free Electronic Cigarettes being given away at Apollo Ecigs[/url]

Looks legit enough. You have to pay $2 for shipping though.

rated:
Wow, this should be stickied if it hasn't been already. Thanks so much for the generous time you put into this!

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014