• filter:
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
Wow this is quite the list! I've run across a few in my day, but I had no idea there were so many out there! Thanks for sharing, this will sure save us a headache!

rated:
Another fake website posted, http://www.tiptonmills.com Free probiotic coffee sample. Is such a thing possible? I would think the heat from the hot water used to make the coffee and tea they sell would kill any such organisms. Thread was deleted by mods rather than having disclaimer attached, might be posted again.

Post from thread said: This website screams FAKE all over. 2013 website address date Facebook links don't take you to a FB page, they invite you to 'share' (spam) this offer to your friends and on your wall. The address they use, 1400 William St. Buffalo, NY 14206, is an empty warehouse currently listed for sale here and here. The phone number they use, (716) 825-4422, belongs to Buffalo Blends Inc at 138 Manitoba St Buffalo NY, 14206

rated:
Thanks Sweetclover, I thought it looked suspicious. I have never heard of probiotic coffee.

rated:
starborn said:   Thanks Sweetclover, I thought it looked suspicious. I have never heard of probiotic coffee.

The whole 'probiotic drinks' thing is what had me suspicious. Usually the mods put a disclaimer, but if the evidence strongly points to "scam", they will delete it instead.

There is a real Tipton Mills here;

Tipton Mills, LLC.
Jeremy Daugherty
835 South Mapleton Street
Columbus, Indiana 47201

LLC Tipton Mills in Columbus, IN is a private company categorized under Chocolate and Cocoa Manufacturers. Our records show it was established in 2009 and incorporated in Indiana.

rated:
Thank you Sweetclover for tracking these scam websites down for us.

rated:
Boy, the scammers are busy, now they pull at the heart strings of animal lovers/pet owners with a Free Pet Hair Eliminator cleaning brush offer from MAX ANIMAL HOSPITAL ( maxanimalhospital.com ).

From thread: "CAUTION - if you put in the PIN number they send you - you are agreeing to sign up for a wallpaper, ringtone service at $9.99 per month billed to your cell bill. READ the small print - the last line is below!!!!!!

By signing up for this service and entering your personal PIN Code delivered to the cell phone number supplied by you on this website, you acknowledge that you are agreeing to the Terms and Conditions."

More: "Wow! A lot of you have good instincts! You made me dig deeper, and here is what I found. The address used belongs to Al's Pet Shop, who has a website here, and makes no mention of any animal hospital. The main phone # on the website, (585) 865-6946, belongs to BELL AIR OF ROCHESTER INC, which is a Real Estate Credit company. Their Kennel#, (585) 865-6956, is assigned to Harold Everts. Sorry, OP, but this is a scam. Makes no sense for a regional animal hospital to give away this item to anyone, the cost alone would add up."

rated:
Hey thats a good one..I have tried few of the sites you have mentioned And no guessing, I never received anything..Next time I go hunting for freebies, I'll check this list beforehand..Thanks for the good job..

regards,
Promod

rated:
Thanks alot get me detailed about free samples. This one very informative....

rated:
OH MY! there are so many fake freebies. thanks for posting!

rated:
thanks for keeping up on this list

rated:
Just wanted to give everyone a heads up, that today I received two samples and a coupon, for a BOGO offer. Tipton Mills apologized, for not being able to send a 6 pack of the probotic coffee and according to them... " the response was overwhelming, to put it mildly." Overall, it was a nice surprise, since I didn't think it would ever arrive.

rated:
thanks for letting us know here. Just saved the list.

rated:
thanks for letting me kniw

rated:
In the past few months, I have alerted the mods regarding a number of scam/spam posts made by the spammers/scammers on this thread. I suggested putting the thread under moderation, and the mod (Bo) agreed. So, that's why you see the disclaimer under the OP.

Today's fake freebie I reported, was for the fake FaceBook page of www.swisswatchgroup.com/ posted by one of their shills. Some of you might remember a post for a key fob from them on FB, now they are giving away (?) pens. The FB page still has ads for sales on their website, unfortunately the website is gone, and the domain is up for sale.

rated:
Thank you for the heads up

rated:
Wow, thanks for the long list of warnings here!

rated:
Thanks for the list. Should come in handy.

rated:
anti flatulence filter? I hope I never need one of those!

rated:
Hey!

Thanks for the heads up!

rated:
Thanks

rated:
Thanks for the information

rated:
Thanks for the heads up! I did not realize how serious this is, I would hate for some one to get my email address and spam me to death. I will have to tread lightly.

rated:
I am a total newbie and this list will really help. Thanks for putting it together.

rated:
Hi there.
Good to know which free deals are worthless.
BTW can we spot fake deals 'from a distance'?
Is there something to recognize a fake deal before going to the place?

rated:
I agree with that too. Newbie here

rated:
I'm new here. I always fall for a fake freebies. I thought it was real.There asking my personal information...and I'm easily giving it to them. Beware of freebies.
This list will help me to avoid them.

rated:
Thanks for this info as it is very helpfully for a newbie like me.

rated:
Thanks (as a newbie)

rated:
Thanks for the share. I will we cautious when using freebie sites or links.

Can someone explain what these fakers gain by claiming to give away free stuff?
Only to gain e-mailadress?

rated:
pagekoeller said:   Thanks for the share. I will we cautious when using freebie sites or links.

Can someone explain what these fakers gain by claiming to give away free stuff?
Only to gain e-mailadress?

Your personal info (which can include email addresses, snail mail addresses and sometimes home/cell phone numbers). They then in turn sell this info to lists which spammers buy to send you spam, junk mailers buy to mail you junk mail, and phone numbers to telemarketers. If you are on the Direct Marketing "No junk mail" lists, and/or the "Do not call" lists, they cannot contact you even if they bought a list with your info on it. But there is no opt-out for spam, so they can still spam you. The list sellers don't care, as they make money off of you whether the list buyer can use the information, or not. It's all about the $$$$.

rated:
thanks...this was very helpful

rated:
The freebies that I am subscribed to are 100% genuine. I even received couple of samples. The only drawback is that your inbox will be full of offers. But if you take time to read one by one, you will definitely find what you are looking for.

rated:
Very useful list, Thank. Problem is hard to check it all the time.

rated:
A shill from the fake Advanced Auto Engineering Facebook page posted a free calculator, same folks who previously offered a microfiber towel. The real Advanced Auto Engineering has neither a FB page nor a website.

rated:
Wow,, thats alot,, but still there are real FREEBIES so dont be afraid to check them out,, the ones i found were 90% of the time real and 10% never came or i recieved a e-mail telling me a laim excuse....

rated:
ahahahaha ..probiotic whatttt .. what they come up with these days .. crazy.. thnx for the info..

rated:
so they do exist,, hmmmmm lets try it again then,,, hahahaha,,, the freebies wonders are not out off this world,, YET

rated:
Shills from Swiss Watch Service Group keep posting fake offers, Rolex pen and the key fob again. Avoid these offers like the plague, report them to the mods when posted.

rated:
My advice is not to go for air freshener offers - real or not. Air fresheners contain so many nasty ingredients and they are unnecessary - just open your window.

rated:
Always make sure you read the fine print with all offers, cuz anyone can put up fake sites just to scam people.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014