• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
1000 United miles and 500 US Airways miles for downloading toolbars

https://www.mileageplusshopping.com/bam____.htm

To qualify for the initial download 1,000 bonus miles offer, make at least one search or purchase using the Shopping Assistant. Bonus offer is only valid for the initial download and install of the Shopping Assistant. Not valid on subsequent downloads or installs. Offer ends 10/31/12.

You also get 1 mile for every 3 searches done through the toolbar, up to a maximum of 100 miles per month.

500 US Airways Dividend miles: https://www.dividendmilesstorefront.com/bam____.htm

spectre777 op

Member Summary

Reward Miles (127.93kB)
Thanks VBMcGB
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
So both United and US Airways are doing away with their shopping toolbars. US Airways has credited me the promised 500 m... (more)

HiLine (Jan. 09, 2013 @ 10:22a) |

Finally my United miles posted, 4 days ago. Thanks again OP!

HiLine (Jan. 19, 2013 @ 12:00p) |

mine too, and more importantly to me extended expiration to 7/31/2014

skibum43 (Jan. 19, 2013 @ 12:31p) |

Thanks BB!

nice, thanks op!

This is awesome. Thanks, OP, for the free miles!

Does anyone know how long you have to wait for the miles to post?

Has anyone received the miles from this promotion yet?

HiLine said:   Has anyone received the miles from this promotion yet?
Not yet

not yet

Not yet here either.

An update:
I contacted MileagePlus and asked when the miles (both promotional and per searches) will be posted to my account, here is their response:
"
Unfortunately, it is too soon for your miles to post. Please allow 8-10 weeks, from the last day of the promotion (Oct. 31 2012), for bonus miles to post to your account. If, after 8-10 weeks, the bonus miles have still not posted to your account, please contact Customer Care with the information for your qualifying purchase.Regarding the miles for searches, the searches are grouped on a monthly basis and rewarding on the same way, 8-10 weeks later.
Sincerely,
Jerson
MileagePlus Shopping Customer Care

"

Bottom line - do not expect these miles before January

You did not need make a purchase, it was after your first search too.

alanmax said:   You did not need make a purchase, it was after your first search too.
Sure I know that purchase is not necessary and I did not buy or even intended to buy anything. There are many better ways to do it .
Just free miles baby

FlyingDelphin said:   alanmax said:   You did not need make a purchase, it was after your first search too.
Sure I know that purchase is not necessary and I did not buy or even intended to buy anything. There are many better ways to do it .
Just free miles baby

Actually I found that some of the deals are more than decent. United miles are very valuable if you're a traveler.

How do these programs work in general? Do you have to link it to your miles account, or do they give you a code?

After installing in August, it took two emails for US Air to finally agree to post the 500 miles yesterday.

FlyingDelphin said:   An update:
I contacted MileagePlus and asked when the miles (both promotional and per searches) will be posted to my account, here is their response:
"
Unfortunately, it is too soon for your miles to post. Please allow 8-10 weeks, from the last day of the promotion (Oct. 31 2012), for bonus miles to post to your account. If, after 8-10 weeks, the bonus miles have still not posted to your account, please contact Customer Care with the information for your qualifying purchase.Regarding the miles for searches, the searches are grouped on a monthly basis and rewarding on the same way, 8-10 weeks later.
Sincerely,
Jerson
MileagePlus Shopping Customer Care

"

Bottom line - do not expect these miles before January

skibum43 said:   After installing in August, it took two emails for US Air to finally agree to post the 500 miles yesterday.

Thanks, hope United will follow soon

The US air program is suspect. Bought two UPS from Best Buy through their site for $60. Had to bring one back to a Best Buy store for exchange because it was defective. Because it was exchanged at a store, 30 points was deducted as a return even though I never got my original 60 points. More emails, waiting for a resolution. Program seems hardly worth the trouble.

1 mile posted on my United account, dated 10/31/12. 1 mile.

Dear Valued Dividend Miles StoreFront Member,

We are writing to let you know that The StoreFront Shopping Assistant is being discontinued and will no longer be available as of January 10th, 2013.

Please take a few moments now to uninstall the StoreFront Shopping Assistant from your browser.

To Uninstall: Click the The StoreFront Shopping Assistant Icon in your Browser >> Click "Uninstall" in the menu >> Follow the prompts to complete the process.

While the StoreFront Shopping Assistant will no longer be available, we are committed to delivering great offers when you shop online. You can take advantage of a wide variety of great offers at http://www.dividendmilesstorefront.com.

Thank you for being a valued member.

So both United and US Airways are doing away with their shopping toolbars. US Airways has credited me the promised 500 miles, and I'm hoping United will do the same.

Finally my United miles posted, 4 days ago. Thanks again OP!

mine too, and more importantly to me extended expiration to 7/31/2014
HiLine said:   Finally my United miles posted, 4 days ago. Thanks again OP!

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014